Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much improved and quicker passing.
Kane getting shots off.
Still have some issues in central midfield.
no cover there.
Fully fit squad cant come quick enough.

Disappointed we conceded when we did. Clean sheet would have been nice.
Should have really been managing the game for the last minute.
Can’t wait until Sissoko, Wanyama Winks are backmto full strength.
We will manage these games better.
The performance wasn’t really that terrible considering.
Just that steel missing central for the whole game.

Liverpool managed 6 more shots and one more on goal at home. We had more possession than Liverpool did at Anfield
Brighton managed 2 more shots and 2 more on goal today at home than they had at Anfield.

Just throw that out there.

Really one decent chance that Gazzaniga saves from Knockaert and that deflection,off Son.
The offside goal was what it was, offside.
They came at us, but really didn’t force our keeper into a sub many saves as Ryan.
Most of their stuff was wide or over, like a few of ours.
Really knockaert was the only player who looked like scoring.
Funnily enough he moved over to the right when Rose was marauding forward and got his goal,

I think we were all a bit too nervous and understandably.

Lamela and Dele made the difference and made Kane a different player too.

While they're not as quick as Son and Lucas they're passing and thinking is quick, I think we've missed Dele more than we appreciate.

Which is funny, cause I actually agree with Harry.
Don't agree when he said we have got the players to win things & poch needs to do better to get us silverware. I think poch is over achieving so far & we need at 2-3 more players to win titles. If harry was in poch's shoes, I can't imagine he would every say " No levy, we don't need any new players this summer".

Don't agree when he said we have got the players to win things & poch needs to do better to get us silverware. I think poch is over achieving so far & we need at 2-3 more players to win titles. If harry was in poch's shoes, I can't imagine he would every say " No levy, we don't need any new players this summer".

I think the point he was making is the squad is actually quite good, it's difficult to get someone in to sit on the bench as Harry's back up. Also under Poch we've actually bought a lot of dross - Stambouli, Fazio, Jannsen, Llorente, etc

Also Grealish for 40M and Zaha for.... what, 75M? doesn't represent good value considering they'd both be on the bench when everyone's fit.

If we could get in a world class CM and fullbacks maybe, okay we can improve. It's not easy though.

Berry berry happy with that result.

The performance was very up and down (and sideways...and backwards...), but considering the context it’s great to get the win. A team low on confidence, a team with a great home record, horrible conditions, we were certainly up against it.

I don’t want to analyse it too much. We miss Dele a lot, and Eriksen still looks uncharacteristically sloppy, but there were still some positive signs.

The biggest being a brief return of the real Kane. I think a few fans were starting to worry that he was gone for good due to injuries and overplaying, but at least we now know that he’s still capable of playing like that. Interesting that his best spell was in the last 10-15 minutes, which suggests that it’s not necessarily fatigue that’s the issue. Maybe it’s a tactical adjustment to playing alongside Lucas Moura (as others pointed out, Kane cane alive once he went off), or maybe it’s simply a case of being afforded more space whilst Brighton went all out to get back into the game.

Either way, it was great to see a glimpse of the dynamic attacking threat we all know and love. He’s seemed a bit gloomy since the World Cup, but in his post-match interview he seemed buzzing again. That makes me feel a lot more positive about this season.

Special mention to Lamela and a wonderful team goal. It gets better every time I see it, and Lamela took it well. I know some argue that maybe he’s best as a super sub, but nobody can deny that when it comes to fighting for a starting position, he’s using his playing time to good effect.

Oh and I’m loving the green away kit. Feels weird seeing us in that colour, but it’s one of the nicest kits we’ve had in a long time.

I think the point he was making is the squad is actually quite good, it's difficult to get someone in to sit on the bench as Harry's back up. Also under Poch we've actually bought a lot of dross - Stambouli, Fazio, Jannsen, Llorente, etc

Also Grealish for 40M and Zaha for.... what, 75M? doesn't represent good value considering they'd both be on the bench when everyone's fit.

If we could get in a world class CM and fullbacks maybe, okay we can improve. It's not easy though.
Some good points. Recruitment is actually one of the few areas poch can improve a lot in. I agree the squad is good (not easy to upgrade), but if we say we can't improve on it, then either we are under achieving or not realistically targeting the title.
I think it is the latter. Poch has done a good job if we finish 4th this season.

Last edited:
Lucas is a weird problem.

Good player, yet we look worse when he plays.

Don’t think he’s fully adjusted to the team yet still takes a second to long to look for someone where as the rest of the guys just know where they will be.

Another couple of months and he will be 100% I think. However for now personally would have Lamela starting he’s looked quality so far

I think we were good today, and deserved the win in difficult conditions against a good team.

After three straight losses and your whining about how embarrassed you are because we got caught on a counter, and how we didnt play well.
Knock yourself out mate, enjoy all the negatives and have a great life. I couldnt care less.
You couldn’t care less but you quote me almost everyday just because we don’t share the same agenda. I don’t give a fuck if you think kane is worst than rasiak as well. This is a forum. Not a fucking cult where our opinions have to be equal. We won awesome. But we have to play better to achieve top 4 and go through in the champions league. and I will not say that we play wonderful today just because

Not exactly what I think of when an away trip to Brighton comes to mind. Ticket in second row. Fucking freezing. Fucking wet. Their football is awful. I know lots of people like Brighton and especially CH, but they’re dreadful to watch. The new Bolton. Kane worked his socks off today. Good job he wasn’t rested. Kept running, linking up play, and his penalty oozed class. Really odd game. But to win under that pressure in those conditions against a concrete bus was decent. Off to bed with Horlicks (just realised that sounds a bit rude) and dark rum.

This joke may have already been done but

...In Brighton Hove & Albion, Bong hits you.

87390421aa9850f91fa7ed5f04400317-860x450.jpeg

Lucas is a weird problem.

Good player, yet we look worse when he plays.

Yea but gotta give it some more time. Don't think the team is making the best use of his abilities yet.
We haven't quite figured out how to play him over the top from deep when getting pressed, for example.
We should be creating situations for him similar to how Salah is deployed for Pool. Lucas has much of the same skill set.

Back
Top Bottom