Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trying a new route today. East Croydon to Finsbury Park.

Interested to see how it goes. On the train now and people already standing. Destination Peterborough. Note to self - don't fall asleep.

Utter crap from us, Brighton have set up well to restrict us but we are not playing with any kind of bravery on the ball. Against a solid opponent, you have to take risks. Every player is playing slow, safe passes and dawdling.

Conte will give them the full hairdryer at HT. Nowhere near good enough. Do they want to be in the CL or not? If they do they need to beat Brighton.

Looking for Kane when you need him most. 🧐

Wheres-waldo-wally-google-maps-380.png

Wow, Conte gives everyone a few days off because of the great performances we’ve been having lately and this is how the team repays him! Well they can do double sessions every day between now and the end of the season and if we miss out on top 4 by three or less points because of this game, they should be fined

As for the game it’s a weird one, I’m obviously happy Brighton beat Woolwich but at the same time it’s annoying that Brighton have now broken their bad run of form. I hope we can maintain our winning streak and pile on the pressure.

Quietly confident, we need to make these home games count.
In a way, it's better they got the monkey off their back against Dr. Woolwich....

PLUS it means we stay extra vigilant and avoid complacency, cos we know what they CAN do!

Brentford and Brighton/Palace did to Chelsea & Arse what usually happened to us...

Palace, Southampton, Wolves AND Burnley have all beaten us unexpectedly...

We've had that wake up call hopefully... THREE or FOUR times over!

it's someone else's turn... Whilst we get on with not making the same mistake again.

I expect the mood on Saturday to be very upbeat (from BOTH sets of fans!)

Should be a cracker!

Cannot wait for this. Absolutely love 12:30 Saturday kick offs, best time for football!
Not here it isn't. 1:30 to 3:30 is too early to have lunch before and too late to have it afterwards.

I'll probably keep to the standard timetable - aperitivo - lunch - sobremesa (coffee/more drink and chitchat) - siesta. Surface around 4:30-5 and watch on catch up "as live".

Biggest downside is that my screaming abuse alone at the TV a thousand miles away can't encourage our lads on the pitch but hey, needs must and all that

Definitely less seats available than for recent games. How a few wins changes fan sentiment. Did i hear someone say fickle?
Got to say I’m one of the fickle! It’s so expensive to watch these days (ticket, train travel, food and drink)I don’t find it worth the money or the aggro watching live games when the entertainment is shit. Also with young family the prospect of being back too late to see my daughter sucks. That’s why I like 1230 kick off and know I’m in the minority!

I'm looking forward to it immensely, but trying to keep my optimism under control, as it never ends well when I feel confident for a win.
It would be lovely to win convincingly, but I'd be happy with a win, no matter how it comes.

Waited all week for this game, now I have I sit on the fucking m4 for 2 hours instead, then sit there pretending to enjoy a birthday party. FFS.

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Animated GIF

Back
Top Bottom