Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only had the radio for the game, but what the fuck's up with the subs?

......We had a game to win and we're pissing about with passive; like for like subs????

Sub a WF in for a WB, switch to 4231 and get the extra attacker on or 433 and add a MF ... Potter had us sussed and we did nothing to flip the script.

V.Dissapointing from Conte.

Brighton found passes to midfield. We didn’t. Bentancur and PEH were hiding. Everytime Romero had the ball first half he only had Royal to pass forward to, which he didn’t because he doesn’t trust him and went sideways instead. They also put Bissouma in front of Kane which nullified any threat there to feet. Made us play aimless long punts into channels

Emerson starting 7 games in a row
scared the simpsons GIF

I'm backing him to do ok and also to add to his goal tally before the season is over.

4 days away but I am really eager to see how we deal with the pressure of now being the biggest favouritrs for the last top 4 slot.

It's why we got Conte and effectively this is his tilt at the title for where we were.

He knows it's now his and ours to lose.

Last edited:
Of course would all love another 4 goal haul and having the game won after 65 minutes, but at this point I'd take a 1-0 win with a shot deflected off Lewis Dunk's left ear if it means we get the 3 points.

As much as performances are desirable, it's really only the 3 points that are important at this point of the season.

7 mate, unless you get half points for draws now but yes.

Win tomorrow and it demands 3 positive results from 8 hard games if we do nothing else.

United and West Ham it becomes 4 from 6 and 7 respectively.

Tomorrow can literally leave it as just a 2 team race for 4th, if we win.

It’s hypothetically 6.5 (or 6 points plus any decimal greater than the integer of 6 and less than 7. Bear in mind 6 points + better GD is not equivalent to 7 points in the bag.

Felt this coming all week. We all know the mentality of this group. Carried away complacency is what we do. After some impressive results this just stinks. Some credit to Brighton but we were badly found out today as mentally weak. This result will give others confidence too. So poor.

I'm trying to be philosophical about it. Yes it was a shocking performance, so lethargic and ponderous on the ball, probably one of our worst 4 or 5 under Conte, but it comes off the back of a really great month or so when we really looked like we were clicking. And no team plays well every game or wins every match, even City and Pool drop points sometimes. If you ever offer me (say) 5 wins and 1 loss from 6 games, I'd take that, anyone would. The difference between the best and the also-rans is not that the best never lose, it's how they respond to losing - so if we get back to winning ways next weekend, and show a lot more energy than today, I'd still fancy us to take 4th.

It's still very much 'on'. COYS!

Why not just congratulate Brighton? In two successive weekends they have gone away to the 4th and 5th place clubs and won both times. Yes we played shit but even if we had played well it would have been a tight game. There is very little difference between us and the scum so if Brighton beat them why is it such a shock that they beat us

Back
Top Bottom