Brighton v Tottenham, Wed 16th March, ko 7.30pm - Not on tv.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wont get the credit deserves but Kane's goal was brilliantly taken
I agree but that was just standard for Kane. Those two over the shoulder, tight-angle, left-foot volleys in a row against Leeds and Everton were absolutely incredible -- the fact that there were two of them demonstrated that it was no fluke. There are only a few strikers in European football who could score two of those in two tries. Yet even goals like those don't quite get the reception they deserve. That's what setting world class standards means: you have to do increasingly amazing things to get real credit.

Last edited:
I’d say we are about 4.5 points behind Woolwich right now with their game in hand. Both of us have similar fixtures (theirs may be easier) so we really need the 3 points against them and one other result.

United have a tough fixture list and we are roughly even on points with.

Probably need 7 points wins in 10 at a minimum unless all the other contenders bomb out.

We can go above them this weekend.
Make sure we beat them when we play them and take more points from our remaining games than they do and that's sorted.

I'm nit saying it's likely, but some people were acting as though we'd need to go on a 10 game winning run to do it.

It wont get the credit deserves but Kane's goal was brilliantly taken
The difference when Kane is in those positions to literally every other player in our squad is night an day.
When the rest are in that position, you reckon there's about a 10% chance they score.
When Kane is there, there only uncertainty is where in the net it will go.

Someone crack open the "(Home) West Ham" thread so we can talk about the different ways we will fuck up and lose at the weekend.

I'm not like Ahab, but let's be honest, corporations and corruption go hand in hand.

Man Utd have likely bought hundreds of games over the years. The fact that KDB and Dias BOTH won the individual awards while Kane was both top assister/scorer is too stark a difference to not notice.

Our own history is marked by the dodgy deal Woolwich did to keep us out of the top tier.
Shit, yeah, I have a terrible memory so I'd completely forgotten how angry I was when Kane didn't get POTS last season. You just reminded me. I thought Kane was absolutely robbed. But POTS (essentially) always goes to a player from the winning team, so I don't think corruption was necessary.

The harsh reality is that Kane's legacy, even individually, is going to suffer for Spurs' decline.

Great win but sorry we should have got a penalty at the end, thy didn't give it because the game was already won but that still could affect our GD come the end of the seasons, fucking shite refereeing yet again, shit like that really pissed me off.
Reminds me of the United game a couple years ago against United (maybe the 1-6 or 0-3 when they had Lukaku) the refs took pity on them and allowed multiple red card worthy fouls (specifically I think it was Shaw). Eventually they went on to finish ahead of us in the league.

Spurs win 2-0.
Goons losing 2-0.

Best match thread ever?

:dude::myword:
OK, don't rub it in!
frustrated huff GIF

Reminds me of the United game a couple years ago against United (maybe the 1-6 or 0-3 when they had Lukaku) the refs took pity on them and allowed multiple red card worthy fouls (specifically I think it was Shaw). Eventually they went on to finish ahead of us in the league.
Shaw 100% deserved a red near the end of the 6-1 win. One of the worst decisions I can remember.

The difference when Kane is in those positions to literally every other player in our squad is night an day.
When the rest are in that position, you reckon there's about a 10% chance they score.
When Kane is there, there only uncertainty is where in the net it will go.
That's why everyone's mouths dropped open (I assume they did -- mine did) when he missed that open goal. I mean, it was a tight angle on his left from an awkward position, but it definitely met the technical definition of an open goal. And those are excuses for lesser players, not Kane -- he doesn't need/want excuses. I don't think I've ever seen him miss an actual open goal before. That was a collector's item precisely because of his reliability.

They had better get the Goons match on soon, any later and our fragile neighbours will be getting another postponement due to heatstroke/sunburn etc.

Back
Top Bottom