Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It very much was by the current rules. You can argue those rules are wrong and should be changed, but his arm isn't in a natural position, he has it stretched fully out.
Spot on.

I don’t want that given as a pen in footy personally, but in current rules it’s irrefutably a pen.

A crappy give away but I wouldn't say soft. His arm is high, he can see it, it changes the directory of the ball, and it clearly hits his arm. I'd be gutted if it was given against us mainly because its just so unlucky. The more you see it from the side the more it looks like he intentionally leaves his arm out, he had time to start and get it down. I thought we actually looked pretty good so far all things considered. This is not Brighton and Brentford. Or even the first game against Burnley. We've dominated the ball and had quite a few chances just haven't taken them quite well enough. Burnley is a good defensive team fighting for their life.

Come on, where are the 'we should keep Emerson' guys.
Anyone who says that is delusional. He had a couple of competent defensive performances. He is still extremely limited and needs to be got rid of at the first opportunity. This club needs to have higher standards, the odd decent game isn't enough for someone to be in our starting eleven.

Again, I’m not complaining, I just genuinely can’t see where it hit his arm. Were they in an unnatural position, yea sure, but I can’t see the ball deviate from its trajectory.

Maybe it’s that I’ve gotten far too used to the afl touch line review where they look for clear deviation .
It did

Again, I’m not complaining, I just genuinely can’t see where it hit his arm. Were they in an unnatural position, yea sure, but I can’t see the ball deviate from its trajectory.

Maybe it’s that I’ve gotten far too used to the afl touch line review where they look for clear deviation .
Ah come on. Side angle shows it clearly hits his arm

Good stuff. Don't care at this point, just win. We should be fine now, they have to do something.

I don't like moaning about our players but fuck me Sessegnon is a wet lettuce. He's just so safe with everything. I just want to see him take on his player over and over again. He's terrified of making a mistake so simply does nothing.

Our wing backs are the biggest issue, if teams sit deep then we need the wing backs to properly provide width, beat their man and get crosses in. Neither Emerson or Sessegnon have caused any trouble for Burnley's wing backs at all.

And even if we weren't in a Conte setup this would be true. We played a 4 under Poch and had Walker/Rose offering that width.

Back
Top Bottom