Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are burned out, I stick to my point of playing youth in cup games, at moment we are not a top 4 standard to win all cups.

Until then, I don't see us gaining shape under mourinho, even pochettino didn't exactly lift us not he's way better than mourinho.

At moment there is simply no movement after a pass to create space.

Not sure what game you were watching, but Skipp was our best player along with Lo Celso.
Hahahahhahahahha he really wasn't. Dier, Vertonghen, Lo Celso and Gedson when he came on were all comfortably better than him.

Skipp looked a decent box to box player and looked good going forward but defensively? No he was not good.

Back to where our decline truly started last season.

So what do we do tactics and formation wise for this one?

Fucked if I know.

Back to where our decline truly started last season.

So what do we do tactics and formation wise for this one?

Fucked if I know.

It started well before bit where our last breath of optimism started to dissipate.

I care that we have got worse but I just cannot understand how no player stands out.

We are so average as a whole that the presumption must be that we will eventually improve as a mass.

But nobody inspires us. It was why last night and a 1 nil I just knew the most probable outcome.

Don’t expect a strong line up for this, we have one chance of silverware left this season and that depends on Tuesday, Jose has shown he will throw league game to concentrate on cup games, I’m sure I remember this When united won the EL? Any how I don’t think we have been as bad as everyone thinks it’s just we are badly missing a striker, Kane or Son in any of our last 4 games and it’s a different story, any how I’m lucky enough to be going to this :mourshock:

Skipp was good for 30 minutes, and then melted away but I’d still start him, alongside or in front of Dier

Dele can go and do a cat walk this weekend your services are not required

Don’t expect a strong line up for this, we have one chance of silverware left this season and that depends on Tuesday, Jose has shown he will throw league game to concentrate on cup games, I’m sure I remember this When united won the EL? Any how I don’t think we have been as bad as everyone thinks it’s just we are badly missing a striker, Kane or Son in any of our last 4 games and it’s a different story, any how I’m lucky enough to be going to this :mourshock:
Don't be daft. We've got as much chance of winning the Champions league as I've got of fucking Kelly Brook fella! He'll play strong in both, we'll only have league games left after next Tuesday anyway.

Last edited:
Mourinho's spurs away to Burnley. How the hell did this get chosen for TV?!
Purely cos of last year's game....
I still feel that Poch meltdown was the beginning of the end for him...

Maybe Sky wanna see if history repeats itself, and Mourinho loses his fucking shit in front of the cameras...

It's Box Orifice viewing if you ask me!!!

Skipp was good for 30 minutes, and then melted away but I’d still start him, alongside or in front of Dier

Dele can go and do a cat walk this weekend your services are not required
Skipp was good overall. I'd rather he started instead of Winks every time. Skipp, Gedson and Locelso if they are in a state to start, then they should start.

Dier is not a DM! He was very good as a CB, and should stick to that position. Apparently he himself wants to play at CB coz he feels more suited to that role. I agree with him.

Skipp was good overall. I'd rather he started instead of Winks every time. Skipp, Gedson and Locelso if they are in a state to start, then they should start.

Dier is not a DM! He was very good as a CB, and should stick to that position. Apparently he himself wants to play at CB coz he feels more suited to that role. I agree with him.

He can easily perform to the same level ten meters up the pitch and has on many occasion.

People have gone from “Dier is fucking shit Champo level” to wanting him in central defence.

Maybe time to accept they wrote him off too quickly and that they are also wrong he can’t play in midfield.
Even if he prefers it in defence, that’s not the issue. The team needs a DM, and Skipp isn’t the full time answer just yet.

Dier and Skipp with Tanagana behind would be pretty solid

Given their relatively decent performances last night it might make sense to pick a similar defence - gives us plenty of height to deal with their crosses and long balls. That's if Dier is in a fit state of mind/not suspended.

Would like to see Dele rested for this, he can't hit a barn door at the moment and his performances in general seem to somehow get worse every week. Take him out for a bit and let him reset.

Hugo
Tanganga - Sanchez - Dier - Verty
Skipp
GLC - Ndombelly
Coco - Lucas - Bergwijn

He can easily perform to the same level ten meters up the pitch and has on many occasion.

People have gone from “Dier is fucking shit Champo level” to wanting him in central defence.

Maybe time to accept they wrote him off too quickly and that they are also wrong he can’t play in midfield.
Even if he prefers it in defence, that’s not the issue. The team needs a DM, and Skipp isn’t the full time answer just yet.

Dier and Skipp with Tanagana behind would be pretty solid
But Dier cant run around pressing players. We've seen just how bad he has been in the DM job. Just doesnt have the athleticism or mobility for that role. He is infact a Champo level DM. Just like Lo Celso would be a champo level CB. At CB his weaknesses arent exposed and his height and size are an advantage.

Skipp may not be the full time answer, but we can all see this current heavy,slow version of Dier is definitely not even a part time answer.

We will go for the league in my opinion. We are a purely profit-based club with the stadium right now. More money with a better finishing position in the league as with the Champions League with no real chance of progressing to the next round.

Hopeful for a draw in this one.

But Dier cant run around pressing players. We've seen just how bad he has been in the DM job. Just doesnt have the athleticism or mobility for that role. He is infact a Champo level DM. Just like Lo Celso would be a champo level CB. At CB his weaknesses arent exposed and his height and size are an advantage.

Skipp may not be the full time answer, but we can all see this current heavy,slow version of Dier is definitely not even a part time answer.

He doesn’t need to run around pressing players he needs to shield the defence and use his positional awareness and tackling abilities to break up play.

We haven’t pressed for 3.5 years

Time to be daring
Bench Lucas and SloAlli
Start Gedson, Bergwijn and Parrot upfront
Also bench Ben start Jan
Dier in defence with Sanchez and Tangana on the right
Glc, winks and Aurier in the middle

Can only see a Burnley win here.
The team is putting in the graft but we have fallen so badly from where we were a couple of years ago and it’s painful to watch

Back
Top Bottom