Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Says it all when we say we had a great second half. It just wasn't as shocking as the first. Yes we actually created some chances but overplaying it and just taking too long, getting in each others way. Got lucky at the back too. Right in the mix to end up bottom half of the table too. Lucky to get a draw...

Nope he needs to fucking work harder. But it would be nice if folks found it within themselves to give him the same leeway they have given others in the team for the last few years. And Jose isn't helping using his Salem Witch Hunt mindgames. Most folks are falling for it though.
Probably because we can’t afford the gaping hole in MF at the moment. Dier was benched, Dele benched - he’s not receiving unfair treatment...but what he’s not doing is showing the attitude that others (Gio, Stevie) have shown..it’s not like Jose is the only coach to call him out on it and bench him.

:pochhail:

Think you make a fair point but Ndombele did himself no favours today.
He was decent on the ball and was able to hold possession, but him and Skipp were outmanned in the middle and the formation was off-balanced.

Not sure if Jose expected him to drop further back to receive or what. That's what Lo Celso did and it helped alot.

It still seems like he is unfit for whatever reason.

So he’s not an unfit fat useless waste of space then?
All José fault?
All I can say he’s not a player you expect to work his ass off in a system that prioritizes defending over attacking. He was never that player and never will, most likely. He’s good at something else and the manager is not finding those skills useful.

You know what, the likes of David Silva or Mahrez would get the same treatment if they were our players because they don’t like running their bollocks in a shit defensive system.

He was decent on the ball and was able to hold possession, but him and Skipp were outmanned in the middle and the formation was off-balanced.

Not sure if Jose expected him to drop further back to receive or what. That's what Lo Celso did and it helped alot.

It still seems like he is unfit for whatever reason.
He is just a fat sod who cannot believe we pay wages to people like him ,

Fair enough mate, it's all about opinions.

The guy has obviously got some skill, but the least I demand from a spurs player is 100% effort and commitment. That's why although i'm not Winks biggest fan when it comes to his ability, I will not savage him too much due to the effort he puts in every game. It's the minimum.

Similar to Skipp and Dele
The effort is there even if the final product sometimes isn’t

Great penalty from Dele under pressure I thought

You seem to cut Dier a hell of a lot of slack but are right in on Ndom aren't you Sammy? And no one has said Dier was a 'shit DM' but his game has glaring weaknesses easily exploited because he is not a MF. HIs 'good' game today was due to having no pressure. If we make the mistake of playing him there against pressure he will be 'shit'. But neither assessment will be accurate.

And where does just turning 23, moving to a new league/the most intense league, having injuries, etc come into you 'cutting some slack' scale? It doesn't because you were in on him early on. But Dier, he of the very average 3 seasons + you are breaking your neck excusing. And he's really not been any better than Dele in this time...who you also can't find any slack to cut. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Dier was here when we were peak, and integral part of it all. He cost 3.5M

He has been a great servant at RB, CB and DM, doing what he has to for the manager and never complaining or bitching on the pitch or off it.

He has suffered a bad illness, and is fighting through it, and clawing his way into recognition despite the absolute pasting he’s taken from the same fans that crack one off over uncommitted prima donnas who want out.

Took his 28 minute sub like a man while the world laughed, no tantrums no interviews just got back out there next game and did his job.

I don’t give two FUCKS about Ndombele

All I can say he’s not a player you expect to work his ass off in a system that prioritizes defending over attacking. He was never that player and never will, most likely. He’s good at something else and the manager is not finding those skills useful.

You know what, the likes of David Silva or Mahrez would get the same treatment if they were our players because they don’t like running their bollocks in a shit defensive system.

But both of those aforementioned players put in a lot of effort
Fat Belly doesn’t

He won't be here long. JM will not put up with slow plodding around, looking lost. When I read what you put, I wonder if we are talking about the same player.

Daft comparison to make, Silva and Mahrez run hard and get stuck in, Pep would not allow them to play if they didn’t.

We are not a good enough team to carry players who do not want to run around, even our success under Poch was based on hard running. Tanguy has to evolve his game, he can’t just do what he did at Lyon can expect it to be enough in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom