Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fatsio? :pochserious: Get in the bin.
images

Our defence is just what the doctor ordered for burnley.
Got a a feeling that some of our players are already thinking about their summerholidays. Flip flops and deckchairs against a team fighting for survival. Only one winner in my opinion.

Burnley 2-1 Tottenham

ATM, I'm with Lawro in the sense that I think a Burnley win is more likely than a Spurs win. I think I'll check the odds out. For me, if we play we've done in the last two games, then it's going to be another embarrassment for us, as our defence and Poch's tactics/strategy are frankly comical ATM.

EDIT - Well for once I disagree with the odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/burnley-v-tottenham/winner

We are strong favourites to win, and I just don't get that. Burnley beat Man City in their last home game, where's the recent evidence that makes us so strongly fancied? But hope I'm wrong, etc.

Last edited:
Strange how that gets ignored really.
Makes you wonder how we got where we are, and Burnley where they are. What with them being so good. After beating citeh they went straight to 2nd in the table, no?
:)
They're going to light up the Champion's League on the back of that performance, no?

I think we should win this. I am basing that wholly on the league table and the fact we have better players. This could be deemed a typical "Spursy" match where we go away at a team needing points and fail to win but I think we'll win, comfortably. I'm thinking West Brom away when everyone said it'd be tough with it being away at a Pulis side, only for us to dominate.

0-4
Kane x3, Ings.

ATM, I'm with Lawro in the sense that I think a Burnley win is more likely than a Spurs win. I think I'll check the odds out. For me, if we play we've done in the last two games, then it's going to be another embarrassment for us, as our defence and Poch's tactics/strategy are frankly comical ATM.

EDIT - Well for once I disagree with the odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/burnley-v-tottenham/winner

We are strong favourites to win, and I just don't get that. Burnley beat Man City in their last home game, where's the recent evidence that makes us so strongly fancied? But hope I'm wrong, etc.

We all hope you are wrong?

A win for me..

League table? All the results this season? The fact we are much better than them?
All valid points, but to me, as I've said on recent evidence I don't see us as strong favourites.

Our last away game a 3-0 embarrassment at OT, their last home game a 1-0 win over City.

Currently,
I don't think we are playing much better than them, factoring in we're away from home.

As I say we'll see what happens, I just don't see us as strong favourites. But as I always take note of the odds, I can see I am out of line on this one. Hope I'm wrong, etc.

Back
Top Bottom