Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We haven't not won yet, but what makes me seriously pissed is that today was a perfect opportunity for us to gain something over Liverpool and Southampton, and we came out like a limp dick.
You would have thought they would be fired up but they look like the AVB team of AVB, Sherwood and now MP.
Why the fuck do they all look so devoid of ideas, movement and tenacity?
Surely 3 managers cannot have failed to get 'the best' out of the 'great, gifted' players we have.
It's now official we have some players who are not really that good. Some bad purchases made with no thought as to where they would all fit into or benefit the team. Players that DO not suit this league and will never be consistently good enough in it.
If this is what they offer after having the perfect motivation after yesterday's results, then they should all be ashamed.
On this show it looks as though they still don't know what one -two is or running off the ball means (edit: or at least know how to pass it to the only player that does)
I'm sorry I have tried to be diplomatic and take factors into consideration but all but one of those Bale signings should be jogged on.
Lets get some players in who are all not the same. Players that make a team and, after so long, can play together. The team's attack was made up of 4 players, 3 who you should only have one of in a team.

Last edited:
I actually thought Chiriches looked alright today, fair play to him.

Paulinho just doesn't have ability, he never has shown any skill while at Tottenham besides backheel flicks. There's nothing there.

The same Kane who had a hat trick last time out and led the league in March goals? Also, we were not labored against Swansea, we dicked them for 89 minutes and had a weird Spursy episode in injury time.

There's some truth in this but you've also taken some serious liberties.

Swansea was like any other win of ours...nervy and shit at the back.

If you want to act like Kane scoring a penalty and an own goal in his favour, means that the Leicester game was not a shambles, then go ahead.

If we carry on playing like that then the end of the season can't come quick enough.

If this is Poch's master plan to dodge the Europa League then he is to be applauded!

Sub standard drivel, I'm not a Poch fan at all and today's fare has done nothing to change my opinion.
Would ANYONE here have picked that starting line-up, and having seen Poch's selection take the pitch, did anyone really expect a positive outcome today? Season ends here, now just 7 games to endure before we can get on with our lives.

unfortunately Spurs entered in Burnley style of play from the first minute until the end ,looking tired,almost all the players don't look in great shape,if our defense line was ok ,don't concede a goal,the middle part of the team losing many balls ,especially Paulinho,and Kane looked isolated there in front...Eriksen had the best chance to score in the min.70,when he entered in the right of their box but finishing worst.

That was horrible, eriksen has been as bad as anyone lately, people will disagree but bentaleb and mason will never be good enough can't think
of many worse partnerships in the league
They're players who should be played instead of one another rather than together.
Even if Poch isn't happy with the tools at his disposal - it's stubborn at best to carry on starting them in the same team with Dembele on the bench. If you think about it, it's not fair on either of them as both would be so much better with a CDM or ball-retention-kinda-guy next to them.

Bring on summer already.

Edit: on a side note, the international break must have tired our players out more than we initially thought. For me, that's the only rational way of explaining Paulinho (who is well rested) getting 90 minutes today.

You mustn't take it all so serious. I feel, all that is said is in jest and hope not a realistic outlook to what each supporter truly believes. I still believe 4th spot is on and why not, starting today with 3 points. Its not going to be easy but why not believe we will win- reality may have a different outcome.
why not? I could name a 100 reasons! the players are on holidays.
let it go mrS. we aren't getting 4th no matter many times you tell yourself that!

Would ANYONE here have picked that starting line-up, and having seen Poch's selection take the pitch, did anyone really expect a positive outcome today? Season ends here, now just 7 games to endure before we can get on with our lives.

Well the defence was vindicated as they did nothing wrong so it's basically Paulinho and possibly Chadli that were questionable, with that said it's an area where they are all much of a muchness and whoever gets selected let him down, area to strengthen in summer the wide areas of 3, we knew that before the game

Match rating IMO

Vorm - 6 not much too do but was ok I guess
Walker - 2 er WTF
Dier - 6 ok defending and that's it
Chriches - 7 probably our best player
Rose - 6 reasonable in parts
Bentaleb 5 - lacked his normal energy
Mason - 3 poor passing and then disappeared.
Paulinho - 1 can't pass, move, tackle, shoot
Eriksen - 5 few bits and pieces and not much else
Chaldi - 2 er what was that
Kane - 6 some lovely touches and hold up play in the very few touches he had and not much else, denied any service.

Subs

Davies - 6 left back playing centre back so was very difficult but did ok mostly
Lamela - 5 not good but massive upgrade on Chadli
Townsend - N\A to little time

Team performance - 2 no cohesion
Poch - 2 poor team and motivation

I suppose we got a clean sheet.

Back
Top Bottom