Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mark Lawrenson has gone for a 2-1 Burnley win!
:mourwhat:

It is a tougher game than many on here believe, they will be desperate for the points given their start, and factoring in our flakyness in the 2nd half against West Ham.

But still given all of that....how by Zeus's tits did he arrive at that prediction?

The trip to Turfmoor hasn’t gone well last two seasons. The 2-1 defeat at the of February 2019 ended our title hopes that season and was the start of the long drawn out 9 month slump that cost Pochettino his job.

Last season we played dreadfully there as well, albeit escaped with a 1-1 draw.

I would expect a win on Monday night though.

I think we've only lost 1 of our last 12 games against Burnley.

And Mourinho has never lost to Burnley in his career.

They have 1 point this season and 1 win in their last 8 league games.

We've lost 1 in our last 11 league games.

What could go wrong?

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Reguilon
Lo Celso - Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bale - Kane - Son
1-3
Kane
Son x2
Love that - but a little tweak if you don't mind...

eCW7NN3.png

I think we've only lost 1 of our last 12 games against Burnley.

And Mourinho has never lost to Burnley in his career.

They have 1 point this season and 1 win in their last 8 league games.

We've lost 1 in our last 11 league games.

What could go wrong?
FFS :mourfacepalm: Dreading this one. Actually chose to work Mon night to avoid most of it. Will catch the last 30mins when hopefully we're 3-0 up, in control, comfortable, and nothing can go wrong !

Just don't give away any stupid free-kicks please. Engage brain!

Last edited:
[FORMATION=433,Lloris,Doherty,Alderweireld,Dier,Reguilon,Lo Celso,Hojbjerg,Ndombele,Lamela,Kane,Son][/FORMATION]

Bench: Hart, Aurier, Davies, Sissoko, Bale, Vinicius and Dele.

Sanchez, Rodon, Winks, Moura and Bergwijn miss out completely. 🤯

PL should really look to allow teams to have 9 players on the bench. As long as only 3 subs are allowed, the shitty "it only helps the bigger clubs" excuse won't be relevant right? Why encourage clubs to have 25 senior players and then make them discard 7 of them on matchdays.

I see many posters are nervous about our defense....so with Spurs now having arguably the most potent offensives in the EPL, a tantalising midfield.....its simple, just out score them all!

I predict Burnley 11, Spurs 18.

We are certain to lose this game if we defend the way we have in previous matches, Burnley are not going to play football they are just going to hoof it up and win free kicks. If we cut out the stupid fouls and clear the ball properly we should be looking at 3 points.

We always struggle against them so this is a big test for us, especially after West Ham. We have to be ruthless and manage the game properly.

This fixture has proved a ball-ache in recent seasons......

Professional, business-like performance and 3 points please.... Get in, get out, no slapstick.

Last edited:
We are certain to lose this game if we defend the way we have in previous matches, Burnley are not going to play football they are just going to hoof it up and win free kicks. If we cut out the stupid fouls and clear the ball properly we should be looking at 3 points.

We always struggle against them so this is a big test for us, especially after West Ham. We have to be ruthless and manage the game properly.
I think we will be clever enough to create and find space to hurt them, but I agree our defending is garbage and needs to improve which if it does puts us in amongst the chasers.

Back
Top Bottom