Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They will sit in with a solid shape and look for set pieces where we are piss weak. Meaning no space for Son or Moura in behind which virtually negates us a team.

Can see a 1-1 draw

Face facts, we're shite and Conte doesn't have a magic wand.

Definitely in defence, but in attack isn't that kind of playing into their hands? Whoever we play in attack isn't going to get much change from their cbs in the air, but on the ground we could cause them more trouble.

I know what you mean. Headed goals have been valuable to us there in recent seasons though.

I was initially joking but this could be the ideal game to drop Kane and go with Son and Lucas directly up against their cbs, but lack of depth means that's not likely, Kane will play by default and probably be anonymous unless he manages to locate the other 50% of his arsedness...

TBH, I'd flip that.... Son & Lucas always struggle against these kinds of teams; maybe Lucas less so as he likes a mazey dribble, but Sonny needs space to exploit...... And they won't be gifting him another worldie like his classic when we won 5-0 at WHL, that's for sure.

Worst XI = peak 'comedy' for the cynics gallery.
Aha of course, I did consider that but I forgot that some people simply fail to understand what Lucas brings to the table, and think we have lots of better people in those positions that PEH and Davies etc. ;) Makes sense now, ta (well for the cynics gallery anyway - presumably the rest of us will be using the early pages of this thread to discuss which players we do genuinely want to play in order to have the best chance of beating Burnley, being Spurs fans and that).

I know what you mean. Headed goals have been valuable to us there in recent seasons though.

TBH, I'd flip that.... Son & Lucas always struggle against these kinds of teams; maybe Lucas less so as he likes a mazey dribble, but Sonny needs space to exploit...... And they won't be gifting him another worldie like his classic when we won 5-0 at WHL, that's for sure.
Depends, if we played the pair but still just lumped the ball forward they will just get monstered by the cbs, if we actually tried to play football through them it might have some success.

If they are going to sit deep in theory the lack of space in behind should leave more space in front (probably just be occupied by their midfield though...) which could lend itself to some long range efforts that Son is capable of.

There are ways to exploit every potential tactic, the problem is they all reply on our players demonstrating a degree/mix of intelligence, will and ability.

So basically we're fucked.

What? Why would you want a reaction that is more like headless chickens than professional footballers? I want the opposite - professional footballers, actually caring, trying and behaving professionally for a change. Goodness knows why you'd want headless chickens instead. :/
I don’t but that’s how these cunts play at the moment

There are ways to exploit every potential tactic, the problem is they all reply on our players demonstrating a degree/mix of intelligence, will and ability.

So basically we're fucked.
Indeed. Fingers crossed we do see some kind of reaction though. I know last night was a horrific result, and I know we were terrible for all of the 1st half, not just after Sess got his red, but surely we all must accept that the red card did play a big part in the game, and we actually did alright in the 2nd half given that we played with only 10 for an hour. Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible performance and result, but I doubt it would have been the same after 90 mins without the red card.

I know we seem to say this a lot, and have a lot of false dawns, but it really does feel like we'll see what the first 11 is made of this weekend (we already know well enough what the second 11 is made of... :( ).

Lloris
Rodon Dier Davies
Emerson Hojbjerg Skipp Reguilon
Moura Son Markanday
I just don't think it's fair to throw Markanday into a team that is struggling so badly. I know they say that 'if you're good enough then you're old / experienced enough' and all that, but normally young players come through better when they are gradually introduced to a team in good performance with good vibes. With the attitude of some of our players at the moment, Markanday would be better off being loaned out to a team were the whole squad cares...

Mrw GIF

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Davies
Emerson Winks Hojbjerg Reggie
Lucas Kane Son

Is what I expect. We need Bergwijn to be healthy and fit just to give us another option.

Didn’t get a ticket for this one (gutted) but this one and the home games against Brentford & Norwich are absolute must wins if we have any aspirations to finish in the top six or maybe even steal into fourth place.COYS!!!

Back
Top Bottom