Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should do better against Leeds as they will afford our players the space they cannot generate for themselves. They are also not as physical as Burnley so out players won't be quaking in their boots.
If we try and outplay them, we'll lose and get done on turnovers.

Just replicate the city performance and don't try anything fancy (because we're shit at that).

Leeds' style of play is exactly suited to us countering. Although you never know with Tottenham.
Leeds need a pick em up. Thankfully Dr. Tottenham are coming to town.

Woolwich now have a game in hand on us and are above us. Comedy 🎭 Club !

I felt the lack of urgency tonight throughout the game was really damming.

Now you're getting to heart of the issue. WE did that, Bunrley didn't force that on us.

In fact they played a pretty open game to start with, pressing us relatively high and with some success. They looked more dangerous in possession, they didn't counter attack us much.

All Burnley did was use the time we gave them to close spaces and put in blocks.
It’s both, right?

Burnley’s game is to have 8 guys keep their shape and press and prod and niggle you into playing things slow and easy for Tarkowski, Mee and Pope to gobble up.

Sheets of rain to produce a slippery ball and slippery surface? They might as well be playing on a field slanted in their direction.

We were poor, I didn’t like the way we set up, I didn’t like playing the same XI in those conditions, but give credit where it’s due.

Only saw the last 25mins on a stuttering stream. Don't understand why you wouldn't give Bergwijn a go at RWB.. if we create no effective overlapping from that position then what's the point of wingbacks? That narrow Kulusevski miss seemed a big moment in the game. Sess then gives away a dumb fk, Romero beaten in the air. Very frustrating. Very predictable. Finishing ahead of United, Woolwich and West Ham seems a long shot.

Yep, I honestly don’t think there is a club on the planet that lets the supporters down consistently. Maybe Newcastle? We are a different bread Spurs. A true special case of a clusterfuck football club.
We won't even have Newcastle to fall back on soon, when they are spending big and winning trophies.

It will just be us with our last league win in black and white. Even FA cups are a distant memory.

Seriously what is the fucking point in this club?

Utterly pointless.

Those suggesting we'll lose to Leeds don't know how this works. Spurs haven't properly bottomed out since 2 from 8 fecking games.

We'll convincingly beat Leeds and go on a little run, before inevitably losing the dumbest game possible after we let ourselves believe again. That's how it works here.

Performance aside.

Can somebody tell me where the fuck the 4th official Jon Moss got 3 minutes from??

There were 6 subs and the Burnley keeper was wasting time for virtually the entire half.

4 mins is the minimum these days and we somehow end up with 3
Also there were at least 45 more seconds wasted by Burnley taking FKs etc. during stoppage time. I fucking despise timewasting more than any other element of the game, even the distasteful divegrass fiasco. I despise it even when Spurs or England do it.

It makes you feel deceived by the clock. It seems like you've got 5-10 minutes left to make something happen but really, you've got half that. And before you know it, it's full-time, regardless of what the winning team does to waste time during stoppage. It's the one thing I'd fix within laws of the game/refereeing standards before anything else.

You just know these players will have no problem rolling over in the North London Derby. Heck they already have. Embarrassing bunch.
Don't care.

Season's done, for me.

Not gonna sit here and watch them earn their millions and mug me off.

They can fanny about and be as cowardly and pathetic as they want.

After the summer, a good chunk will be gone and we'll be another step closer to fixing this dysfunctional shithouse squad.

Burnley’s game is to have 8 guys keep their shape and press and prod and niggle you into playing things slow and easy for Tarkowski, Mee and Pope to gobble up
That's not what they did though.

They pressed us pretty high, and they got the ball off us plenty of times.

When you're prodded and probed like that you either pass quicker, dribble out of pressure or kick it long. We did NONE of those things right.

The team was practically INSISTING on playing it slow despite Bunrley upping the tempo.

I had one of those days where I didn't bother looking forward to the game, and managed to forget it was on.
Finished work, sat with kids, stayed off the phone.
Now time to watch some training videos for work.

Back
Top Bottom