Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly, I knew we would lose today, was inevitable.

That's why I didn't celebrate it, felt good to get one over on City but after the game was done that was that because I knew what was coming.

The club want the gullible fans to buy into the idea that because we have the odd big result that we are "building something" but that's the problem, the building never gets completed, it's an infinite ongoing project that is built to milk cash from gullible supporters.

There‘s a conveyor belt of mug punters begging to give Levy their money.

Nothing will change.

I dunno man, we couldn’t stretch them out and get between their lines, anything that came into the middle popped right back out to Dier or Davies, this is their whole system.
Now you're getting to heart of the issue. WE did that, Bunrley didn't force that on us.

In fact they played a pretty open game to start with, pressing us relatively high and with some success. They looked more dangerous in possession, they didn't counter attack us much.

All Burnley did was use the time we gave them to close spaces and put in blocks.

Bit fucking harsh mate...we're in the top half of the best, most competitive, hard fought league out there. Constantly disappointing yes, masters of fucking it up hell yeah. Clusterfuck of a club.....Nah, not having it son.
And where can i purchase this Spurs bread you speak of?

Romero was poor tonight, easily the worst of our centre backs.

I doubt you've seen an hour of White, Rodon has never looked that great and I haven't seen Scarlett do a single noteworthy thing for the first team

Romero had by far the best plays of our CB covering for both Dier and Davies as well as the MF and Royal. But also was poor on the goal.

I don't think he was any worse than Dier or Davies overall even with the goal against.

We're just mediocre in too many positions - and that's not going to change for a while.
Would like to see Bergwijn get a proper chance.

On another note, I'm really starting to reconsider that April trip to London I'm looking into at the moment. Money better spent on something else.
Think of all the bleach you could drink, much more enjoyable than this shite.

We should do better against Leeds as they will afford our players the space they cannot generate for themselves. They are also not as physical as Burnley so out players won't be quaking in their boots.
Listen to yourself....

a wet, (probably) windy day in Leeds is all we need to fucking run a mile!

Fuck it, i'm done.

Beat Man City... do the obvious tonight... why should I ever trust these bunch of pricks again?

even when we win, I don't trust them to win again.... but when we lose, the heart has gone and we will OBVIOUSLY lose again... cos that's just WHO WE ARE!

Not been the same since the 25th second of the CL Final... it's ALL been downhill from there...

Exactly, I knew we would lose today, was inevitable.

That's why I didn't celebrate it, felt good to get one over on City but after the game was done that was that because I knew what was coming.

The club want the gullible fans to buy into the idea that because we have the odd big result that we are "building something" but that's the problem, the building never gets completed, it's an infinite ongoing project that is built to milk cash from gullible supporters.
Couldn’t have put it better myself.

You’ll get heat from some on here for being so straight up, but you’re absolutely spot on.

Back
Top Bottom