Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm getting that way, I'm sick and tired of knowing that if a team is bang up for it and fights hard we will 100% roll over.

I'm sick of being Soft touch FC.

Results like City and the last minute winner against Leicester come along and drag you back in but you know we are only going to go and fuck it up in the very next match.

Like clockwork.
When was the last time we won in the league which wasn’t a last minute winner? We’ve struggled to win games comfortably all season. Plus even with 5 at the back and two holders we still can’t keep clean sheets. What is frustrating is conte knows how much a threat Kane is in the box yet he doesn’t set the team up to get the best out of him and trying to attack on the front foot. We just generally play slow passing at the back.
Dippers have just tonked Leeds they score and keep it tight at the back because they keep the ball away from their defence.
Wonder what we will do v leeds?

I have to agree. Outside of son, Romero and Kane the rest are plodding mediocre also rans. (Not including new deki or bentancur)

Give Rodon, white and Scarlett a chance next game. Can't be any worse than the players out there tonight.
Romero was poor tonight, easily the worst of our centre backs.

I doubt you've seen an hour of White, Rodon has never looked that great and I haven't seen Scarlett do a single noteworthy thing for the first team

Completely expected. The way we celebrated at City showed it. One win is not an achievement. One win is not a trophy. We acted like we were ready for a fucking parade. It’s pathetic. This squad has been spoilt to death. Managers and coaches that are way better than them. Facilities they don’t deserve. An incredible level of support from over paying and over travelling fans. It’s truly embarrassing but truly predictable.
Bang on. Palace made less fuss about winning at the Ethiad. I really enjoyed it but it means cock all if (when) we finish 7th or 8th.

We didn't just get Burnley'd. At this point you're insulting my intelligence.

I know what getting Burnley'd looks like. We suffered that many times against Burnley, Newcastle, West Brom and the like.

This was Nick Pope's first clean sheet against Spurs. This was our fault, not their success.
We’ve had a lot of success in the past producing Burnley’s kryptonite which is the early goal. Then you’ve got 4-0 on your hands.

I also recall a late Eriksen winner a couple years back.

I dunno man, we couldn’t stretch them out and get between their lines, anything that came into the middle popped right back out to Dier or Davies, this is their whole system.

Nice one Conte. Terrible tactics

LOL

He has plugs like Davies, PEH, Dier starting with a bench that consists of crap like Moura, Sanchez, Wanks and a bunch of kids and people try to blame tactics.

There are no tactics that can overcome those levels of shit players.

We're just mediocre in too many positions - and that's not going to change for a while.
Would like to see Bergwijn get a proper chance.

On another note, I'm really starting to reconsider that April trip to London I'm looking into at the moment. Money better spent on something else.

When was the last time we won in the league which wasn’t a last minute winner? We’ve struggled to win games comfortably all season. Plus even with 5 at the back and two holders we still can’t keep clean sheets. What is frustrating is conte knows how much a threat Kane is in the box yet he doesn’t set the team up to get the best out of him and trying to attack on the front foot. We just generally play slow passing at the back.
Dippers have just tonked Leeds they score and keep it tight at the back because they keep the ball away from their defence.
Wonder what we will do v leeds?
think we'll beat Leeds. But it doesn't really matter the damage is done.

Yep, I honestly don’t think there is a club on the planet that lets the supporters down consistently. Maybe Newcastle? We are a different bread Spurs. A true special case of a clusterfuck football club.
Bit fucking harsh mate...we're in the top half of the best, most competitive, hard fought league out there. Constantly disappointing yes, masters of fucking it up hell yeah. Clusterfuck of a club.....Nah, not having it son.

That was surely the knockout of any top-4 hopes!

day rage GIF

Back
Top Bottom