Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably to City if they don't get Haaland. Maybe United if they get top four, wherever it is he'll absolutely tear it up and we'll be sat here with his not even half as good replacement, and all those in the Kane thread who like to blame him for everything will be scratching their heads wondering what happened.
Well said. As a neutral with a tendency towards Spurs wellwishing, I started to want to see him leave as soon as I saw the level of abuse and vitriol he was getting from Spurs supporters. Many of them, ironically, had previously acknowledged that he'd given everything for the club and that they wouldn't begrudge him a move. (Sure, they argue that they don't like the way he went about it but how did they think he was going to? Asking Levy nicely? We know that doesn't/wouldn't/will never work. He was just doing what any star player at Spurs would have and has had to do. Hell, no, he didn't even do that: he could've forced his way out of the club but he accepted his fate with maturity, for the most part).

Last edited:
I didn’t celebrate overly at the weekend and this is exactly why.
I looked at who we were playing next and I immediately knew we would lose.

Christ, the way the club celebrated on social media on Saturday (and still are) etc you would swear we had won the league. Embarrassing stuff.

But it’s all part of the message the club try and portray. Try and get fans to accept mediocrity. Dance in the streets when we get the odd big result.

I’m sick of it. Sick to death of the whole club.

Exactly, I knew we would lose today, was inevitable.

That's why I didn't celebrate it, felt good to get one over on City but after the game was done that was that because I knew what was coming.

The club want the gullible fans to buy into the idea that because we have the odd big result that we are "building something" but that's the problem, the building never gets completed, it's an infinite ongoing project that is built to milk cash from gullible supporters.

Any chance you can stop playing Sessegnon now Antonio?

I mean I know you've got fuck all to work with due to the cunts at ENIC but play Davies there and switch it to a 4 or something. Play Doherty there, even fucking Vera the tea lady.

Sessegnon is an absolute waste of space.

Hojbjerg is very average at best,Winks an enthusiastic schoolboy,Sessegon is shocking and Moura is summed up by his first touch which bounced 15 yards away from him!

this wasn't down to burnley. NOT ONE FUCKING BIT.

Emerson, Kulu, Son, Davies and Sess have had multiple chances to put in a first time ball into the channels or a cross, but dithered.
Good luck playing it in behind Mee and Tarkowski.

The way you beat this team is through quick passing and switches of the play they don’t anticipate. We tried, we looked for those balls, there were little moments here and there, but at the end of the day they Burnley’d the fuck of out us.

I dunno man, once you saw the conditions it was a tall order. We should do better, but everyone in the league gets Burnley’d every now and again.

It’s why you can’t lose those Wolves and So’ton games.

Think you are playing into stereotypes my man. Though you have a point about their general play you are completely discounting the fact that tonight they passed around us all game and weren't parking the bus. They were playing football and we were the one-note cloggers out there.
No that’s true, they were able to relieve pressure and advance the ball much, much too easily.

I hate this team.

I know that makes me a bad fan, but I fucking hate them.
I have to agree. Outside of son, Romero and Kane the rest are plodding mediocre also rans. (Not including new deki or bentancur)

Give Rodon, white and Scarlett a chance next game. Can't be any worse than the players out there tonight.

I don't wanna see a fucking xG bollocks woulda coulda shoulda fucking stat cunt again...
we beat Man City.,... we shoulda beat Burnley.... but we couldn't.
No fucking poxy X-Box FIFA-Pro22 cunt stat wanker is gonna tell me this isn't hurting....

football is a cunt sometimes.... I know it can be brilliant, but it can also hurt like hell...

I only hope the South Korean/San Fransisco/Singapore/New York/Sydney fucking 'Spurs' fan bases are hurting as much as THE LONDON SPURS SUPPORTERS are right now...

I somehow think that most of them will go back to their NFL/NBLW.A.NK sports franchises ...or whoever won tonight, and 'support' them!

To coin a 'murrican phrase: It fucking SUCKS to be Spurs sometimes! Learn that, wherever you are in the world!

This loss actually feels the worst of any this season...even losing to the scum. It's basically our last chance to not be spursy and act do something this season. If there is ever a time to completely opitimise the weak mentality of the the club it is this. There are many shitter clubs than us and there aremany that are better....that ain't the problem with supporting spurs. The problem is there is no other club that raises expections and hope like spurs, and then completely destroys it. This is true on the micro an d macro scale, for years they make you think your building towards something and then it comes crashing down, they get you all the way to cup finals and then it comes crashing down, they give you last min victories against your big club rivals, and then it comes crashing down. Just as the team improves and you think we'll spend that bit extra to push on, they don't sign anyone the quality drops and everything comes crashing down.

Stop giving me hope and fuck off, I've had enough, you bottle job cunts look at yourselves in the mirror and feel as much shame as I do for you. Majority of the players, the staff and most of all Levy, piss the fuck off. Either stay a mid table team or push for big things....this in middle bull shit is too much pain. Stop fucking with us! I've fucking had it this time

Yep, I honestly don’t think there is a club on the planet that lets the supporters down consistently. Maybe Newcastle? We are a different bread Spurs. A true special case of a clusterfuck football club.

Well said. As a neutral with a tendency towards Spurs wellwishing, I started to want to see him leave as soon as I saw the level of abuse and vitriol he was getting from Spurs supporters. Many of them, ironically, had previously acknowledged that he'd given everything for the club and wouldn't begrudge him a move (sure, they argue that they don't like the way he went about it but how did they think he was going to get there? Asking Levy nicely? We know that doesn't/wouldn't/will never work. He was just doing what any star player would have and has had to do at Spurs.).

There's a few on here who don't deserve him at the club for sure.

Back
Top Bottom