Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Other obvious thing not to fall for, we're about to go on a really good run, get back to the cusp of top 4 before losing a game inexplicably.

Win at Old Trafford, beat West Ham at home, maybe even win the rescheduled NLD, before cratering away at Brentford ahead of being tonked at Anfield to end our top 4 chase, looks most likely based on the schedule.

Completely expected. The way we celebrated at City showed it. One win is not an achievement. One win is not a trophy. We acted like we were ready for a fucking parade. It’s pathetic. This squad has been spoilt to death. Managers and coaches that are way better than them. Facilities they don’t deserve. An incredible level of support from over paying and over travelling fans. It’s truly embarrassing but truly predictable.

Good luck playing it in behind Mee and Tarkowski.

The way you beat this team is through quick passing and switches of the play they don’t anticipate. We tried, we looked for those balls, there were little moments here and there, but at the end of the day they Burnley’d the fuck of out us.

I dunno man, once you saw the conditions it was a tall order. We should do better, but everyone in the league gets Burnley’d every now and again.

It’s why you can’t lose those Wolves and So’ton games.
We didn't just get Burnley'd. At this point you're insulting my intelligence.

I know what getting Burnley'd looks like. We suffered that many times against Burnley, Newcastle, West Brom and the like.

This was Nick Pope's first clean sheet against Spurs. This was our fault, not their success.

I don't wanna see a fucking xG bollocks woulda coulda shoulda fucking stat cunt again...
we beat Man City.,... we shoulda beat Burnley.... but we couldn't.
No fucking poxy X-Box FIFA-Pro22 cunt stat wanker is gonna tell me this isn't hurting....

football is a cunt sometimes.... I know it can be brilliant, but it can also hurt like hell...

I only hope the South Korean/San Fransisco/Singapore/New York/Sydney fucking 'Spurs' fan bases are hurting as much as THE LONDON SPURS SUPPORTERS are right now...

I somehow think that most of them will go back to their NFL/NBLW.A.NK sports franchises ...or whoever won tonight, and 'support' them!

To coin a 'murrican phrase: It fucking SUCKS to be Spurs sometimes! Learn that, wherever you are in the world!
Burnley out xG’d us comfortably, we created nothing.

Nice! What did you watch today? We haven’t got the players to keep playing his 5 at the back. Our WBs are crap and you have just in CM. We can’t play like that against most teams. Need to just play a simple 433 and try to get our pacey players on the pitch. Why try to cram in as many crap defenders as possible when you could play more attackers.
PS kulu is never a WB.
I take what conte does and thinks over what you think. Like i said youve been complaining since he got here. Hes not playing wingback. 3-4-3 royal and sess are wingbacks

I don't wanna see a fucking xG bollocks woulda coulda shoulda fucking stat cunt again...
we beat Man City.,... we shoulda beat Burnley.... but we couldn't.
No fucking poxy X-Box FIFA-Pro22 cunt stat wanker is gonna tell me this isn't hurting....

football is a cunt sometimes.... I know it can be brilliant, but it can also hurt like hell...

I only hope the South Korean/San Fransisco/Singapore/New York/Sydney fucking 'Spurs' fan bases are hurting as much as THE LONDON SPURS SUPPORTERS are right now...

I somehow think that most of them will go back to their NFL/NBLW.A.NK sports franchises ...or whoever won tonight, and 'support' them!

To coin a 'murrican phrase: It fucking SUCKS to be Spurs sometimes! Learn that, wherever you are in the world!
I hate that I'm so invested in this club sometimes. Tired of this nonsense.

Said for a couple of seasons hoijberg is not a tottenham type player. Hes a spoiler. He would fit in well with burnley and probably be star player. Not sure on bentacur yet. Disappointing tonight but need to bounce back v leeds. We lost there last year and they will be energetic. Theyre crap at back though.

Good that Leeds are shit. What could possibly go wrong when we play them on the weekend.
We should do better against Leeds as they will afford our players the space they cannot generate for themselves. They are also not as physical as Burnley so out players won't be quaking in their boots.

I think the moral of the story is don't expect much from this team this season. One week, we'll win. Everyone will think top 4 is back on. But the next, we'll screw it up to a team in the bottom half of the table.

We should just accept it and maybe care less about it until next season.

Then, we get to do it all over again.

Fuck this club.

Back
Top Bottom