Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The whole being on a Spurs forum thing threw me a bit.
Fair enough. For what it's worth, Spurs are my favourite PL club to watch and here is a great place to talk about that.

A lot of important England players have come from Spurs over the last decade, including HK, who has to be my favourite player by far. I've grown fond of the club over that period too. I'll never support a club because it just doesn't make sense to me personally but I love the online communities attached. :)

I think based on Mourinhos interview he knows we aren't signing a striker.

Not trying to put a downer on the result btw honestly, just worried that Kane is going to get injured playing so many games.
To be honest I thought he simply didn't want anything to deter from his team's performance tonight. To discuss potential incoming players was not on his agenda. He wanted to praise the team on a (to use his expression) phenomenal result.

Huge plus for me was the manner in which the penalties were taken. Assuredly and with aplomb. Never looked like missing one. Massive confidence booster for each taker and the next shootout won't seem half as daunting.
Get the momentum building and Spurs are going to take some beating this season, VAR or no fucking VAR.
COYS
Superb penalties YIDSAH

To be honest I thought he simply didn't want anything to deter from his team's performance tonight. To discuss potential incoming players was not on his agenda. He wanted to praise the team on a (to use his expression) phenomenal result.

Agree, he often deflects questions of signings back to the game just played.

If we hadn't gone so badly done by that stupid handball rule the other day, I'd venture to suggest I'm very happy with our start.

Starting to look a solid team, plenty of fight, and Bale still to come... 😁
Was ridiculous match,. Sonny hit the woodwork 2x and their keeper put some worldly, we could have easily won 3-0 and newcastle literally created nothing. , totally dominated the game
, just very unlucky to not win.

Great interview with Dier on Spurs TV, when talking about the pens the first thing he says was to big up Gazza and Hart for staying behind after training whilst the whole team take loads of pens against them. Nice touch to include them and talk about their commitment that the fans don't see as they are not selected.

Got a link, G-man?

Back
Top Bottom