Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And that other team still ahead of us. I swear to God/Allah/Buddah/TheFlyingSpaghettiMonster if we have to win the league to end up ahead of that other team. I am NOT going to be happy!

Er... wait. What did I just say?

OK now seriously...

Game thoughts:

1. This seriously was such a nervous watch, but was a brilliant match too.

2. AVB again has to get a round of applause. His game changing tactics were right up there with that win over Man City last season. He made 3 magnificent subs: Holtby, Lamela, and Kane.

3.We should've scored more, but I also have to give respect to Cardiff's GK.

4. Yes, we probably were lucky with Hugo getting away, but my biggest concern this match was...

5. Kyle Naughton ... Never again he should play at LB. It simply doesn't work. He made the same mistakes as last season. Not because he's a bad player, but because he's wrong footed there. We need to get a LB in January!

Overall, super-dooper happy that we won. Thanks Paulo. And now to beat Chelsea. :coys:

One of these days we are going to give someone a right thrashing.

Yeah. The way we're dominating possession so well, once we've got into full gear (Lamela's classy touches, Holtby/Eriksen developing, Soldado acclimatising) we stand to slap the shit out of a couple of teams

I thought we were outstanding, the sort of total domination the biggest clubs in this division perform.
Watching Cardiff was like watching us 5 years ago, sitting deeper and deeper awaiting the inevitable. It feels so fucking good to be on the other side of that!
I thought Soldado was outstanding, how he didnt score Ill never know.
I had the same frustration with Townsend as always, passes when he should shoot and more annoyingly shoots when he should pass.
Dembele was bossing it, first time in a long time.
Everyone else was solid (even Naughton, suicide back pass excepted).
Lamela hints at being a game changer for us.

But we didn't make hard work of it. We cut through them like a hot knife through butter. We should have had 3 or 4.
But we didn't get 3 or 4, that's my point. All the shots in the world mean nothing if they aren't going in. Look how tense it got there in the end for all of us, and the reaction from the players when we scored. It certainly felt like hard work to everyone involved.

We were just as likely to score 4 goals as we were to getting a draw or losing to a late goal from a long ball over the top. And ideally we shouldn't let it be so messy and up-in-the-air until the last minute.

ITK: in coaches meeting AVB told Freund, "hey, how bad could Naughton be?" Unfortunately, Naughton overheard him.

Dude it was a rhetorical question not a fucking challenge

:parker::parker::parker::parker::parker:

From AVB's interview: "It's a great win. But I suffered a lot…like everyone else!"

See, even he thinks it was hard work!

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas:

"Today it was different from normal in that there was justice in football. We created so many chances that there could only be one winner.

"Last season we had the best record away from home after Man United. We looked very strong.

"Bearing in mind the win they got against Man City there won't be many teams getting points here so I'm happy.

"[Cardiff's] David Marshall is a great goalkeeper. He did extremely well today.

"It's a great win. But I suffered a lot…like everyone else!

Yeah. The way we're dominating possession so well, once we've got into full gear (Lamela's classy touches, Holtby/Eriksen developing, Soldado acclimatising) we stand to slap the shit out of a couple of teams

Townsend has the ability, Lamela adds a proper footballing brain to that. Knows what to do and when. Looks good.

Back
Top Bottom