Cardiff v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wolves are on a good run of form. Whether they are a decent side, I'll reserve my judgement.

Regardless of them being 'decent' (or not), they should be dispatched by a side that has ambitions.

We should have won but I think a Wolves supporter on here sumed it up best by saying they rotated there midfield and forward lines for this where as we couldn't

I didn’t say fatigue doesn’t exist
I said we aren’t fatigued and our place in the PL shows that we aren’t
Fatigue isn't some incurable disease. Players can be fatigued but then recover enough over the next few days to be able to beat a weak team like Cardiff easily, doing most of the heavy lifting in the first half when they are fresher and then not being overly troubled in the 2nd half as they start to slow down. Also we did make one change for this game, and Rose was heavily involved at both ends of the pitch, making a lot of intense sprints, which makes sense because he's had more rest.

you debate a lot
some times with a lot of people

you are a mass debater

:dembelelol::dawsonlol::harrylol::sherwoodlol::akabusi::)
GvZ6vcg.gif

Fatigue isn't some incurable disease. Players can be fatigued but then recover enough over the next few days to be able to beat a weak team like Cardiff easily, doing most of the heavy lifting in the first half when they are fresher and then not being overly troubled in the 2nd half as they start to slow down. Also we did make one change for this game, and Rose was heavily involved at both ends of the pitch, making a lot of intense sprints, which makes sense because he's had more rest.

And that’s what I mean by every time we win (very often) we appear to be over it or managing it.

Since the Woolwich 4-2 we’ve played 9, won 7, drawn 1, lost 1 and scored 19 goals.

Is that the form of a fatigued team to you?
Are people serious?

If you are managing fatigue, then you are not fatigued.

And that’s what I mean by every time we win (very often) we appear to be over it or managing it.

Since the Woolwich 4-2 we’ve played 9, won 7, drawn 1, lost 1 and scored 19 goals.

Are people serious?

Bravo, Sammy. Glad you are not showing fatigue

I didn’t quite like Dele’s body language at times - looked a bit over it and nonchalant. Perhaps a few goals vs Tranmere will up his form

Are people serious?

Again you don't understand the concept of fatigue. It's not a thing that just randomly sets in whenever. It is because of that run of games that the players have got tired now and are more likely to collapse late on in games. Also the level of opposition and the relative demand on the players plays a huge part. And those free scoring games can sometimes be a bit of a freak, because the players are running on adrenaline and euphoria in the moment but then feel it in their muscles later. Form is not a guaranteed measure of energy levels.

Back
Top Bottom