Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish.

I remember walking to primary school on the Monday after the '81 FA Cup final win with a scarf hanging out of each pocket, a silk cap (remember them?) on and a rosette pinned to my coat. I was on fucking cloud 9. I don't think I knew of one other Spurs fan in my school. But I was fucked if I was gonna miss the opportunity of letting people know my club had won the cup.
A few years later (it must have been '85 and I must have been 18, still living in Italy of course) a friend of mine went to London for 6 months as an au pair... she asked me what should she bring back and I told her "bring me a Spurs cap, one of those with blue and white slices" (I didn't know the name haha).
She actually went to a game (villa , if I remember) and got it for me. On that day she fell in love with Spurs too

It was such a precious gift. I still got that hat in Italy in a football memorabilia drawer

Yeah but he is not a glamour signing is he. He is not an international came for a average fee an is hardly a name. He had a very solid debut. Most impressive he did not desperately try to get shots on target looking for the debut goal that actually means SFA, he showed brains composure and an awareness of what was needed. Swap him for Sissoko or Winks and the team IQ spikes. I wish we'd switch formation on Saturday and subbed him on for N'dombele bet we keep all three points.
It is mad how quickly 40 million became an average fee

Great for his confidence to get off the mark with a few goals. Makes things a lot easier for him moving forward. Like the look of him, good movement, has a decent first touch and brings others into play as he did superbly for Lucas' goal. All in all a great night's work.

Vinicius is as much a £40m player as Gedson was a £50m player. Purchase clauses don't mean anything.

He is here to play Europa League matches and lesser cup games and for a loan player from the Portuguese league that's about right based on what he's shown so far. To play in the PL he has to show more when he gets chances.

Parrott should not even be in the conversation, he cannot score a goal in the Championship and is not ready to play for our first team.
Am I the only one that thinks he has actually shown good form when he’s had starts? He’s got a decent G/A record for a back up striker in my book.

Back
Top Bottom