Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur 01/04/2018 @ 16:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DZthtaDXUAA35CV.jpg:large
Sherwood's brother and Mourinho's brother bottom left look gutted

That was beautiful to watch, don't remember us ever winning at Stamford bridge, all 3 goals had something quality about them too. Christians shot, his pass to son and diers ball combined with Dell's brilliant touch and finish.
8 points, job done I would say!

Two cool bits tickled me, not sure they've been mentioned...

Min 93:40 of the 94 minutes. Chelsea attack weakly.

Martin Tyler: "These will be Chelsea's last chances to get something here"

After the game, Defoe is asked what advice he'd give to kids looking to repeat Eriksen's shooting technique:

"Don't try that shit, just get it on target"

:sandroscream:

Two cool bits tickled me, not sure they've been mentioned...

Min 93:40 of the 94 minutes. Chelsea attack weakly.

Martin Tyler: "These will be Chelsea's last chances to get something here"

After the game, Defoe is asked what advice he'd give to kids looking to repeat Eriksen's shooting technique:

"Don't try that shit, just get it on target"

:sandroscream:
I think the best thing I heard all day (apart from the final whistle) was when hazard was rolling about on the floor.,
The commentator said “hazard is not one to make a meal of it”

I nearly pissed mysrlf

I managed to get home for the second half, although I did feel a bit bad about leaving just as I finished my lunch! Absolutely buzzing about the result, I've literally liked every comment posted on the last few pages:). Can't wait to see it on MOTD. Happy April Fool's Day everybody xxx

One thing other than the goals that I LOVED today, was Lamela studding Fabregas and then kneeing him in the back of the head as he got up, then Jan getting away scott free after taking out Hazard.

This feels like the best, most satisfying victory of Pochs reign......and boy theres been some good fucking wins.

Cant even describe the feeling of smugness right now

Bet you can!

Fun read. Loved these quotes in particular.

On Lamela:
Is there a player in the Premier League who uses his elbows when making challenges more than Lamela... by having the arms up before the contact comes, it makes Lamela look as if he is simply stronger than the opponent rather than deliberately catching them in the face. Add him to the list of Premier League bastards.

Lamela made more tackles than any other Tottenham player, while Fabregas and Alonso were more starved of service than the first half... he has sexy mode and sabotage mode; this was him excelling in the latter.

On Sanchez:
Twice in the first half, Tottenham left Sanchez in a position where he had to make one of his now customary sliding interventions. Were this any other 21-year-old, you might be worried about him mistiming the challenge or being caught out of position. But not Sanchez.

The Colombian didn’t make a single tackle against Chelsea, the only Tottenham outfielder not to do so. He also made the most interceptions of any Tottenham player. That is persuasive evidence of a novice central defender who is already highly accomplished at reading the game two pages ahead of his opponents. Toby who?

Back
Top Bottom