Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In his PL predictions this weekend Charlie Nicholas reckons Spurs were “patting themselves on the back after only losing 1-0 to Leipzig” under the circumstances.
Seriously ?

He then goes on to say that we miss Eriksen to link up play, he obviously didn't watch the game at all and is making statements in total ignorance like many pundits.

I don't care if we lose so long as we go down fighting and playing good football.

Can't expect the team to fight if the supporters aren't prepared to fight with them, tooth and nail, I'm talking dirty, scrappy kinda fighting, proper cauldron home advantage kinda stuff. Too many people just sit, expect something to happen and if it doesn't they get the arse. It's time we as a fanbase really became that 12th man, the lads need it more than ever and as a fanbase we are far better than the sulky and moany bunch we've become.

I wanna see shit like this happening lads, get proper under their skin:

tumblr_miyn4gb5zE1qi532yo4_250.gifv

Time to get into 'em Spurs, no more of this Barbie and Ken doll
Horseshit or this 21st century sulky bollocks anymore, let's fucking have some of it! :tobyarm:

Last edited:
I fear we've bought a 60 million flop. Looked good in France, but fuck me he is so lazy. Maybe it's fitness but i've seen nothing from him to suggest that he's suited to the EPL.

Get Dele on for him. Also get Gedson on for Winks, who is so fucking predictable that he brings nothing to our team against the better clubs.

To me, we actually look like we are getting worse, not better. This is a major fucking concern!
If you can point me to the amount of games Poch was without all of Son, Kane and Sissoko, plus didn’t have the option of Llorente then you can compare the “fact” we are getting worse.

Performances have been diabolical, but the results have improved.
Poch didn’t get sacked for his time here between 2016-2019.
He was sacked for a combination of PL results and performances between January and November 2019, plus the abysmal atmosphere around the whole club.

Let’s not rewrite history here, yesterday wasn’t worse than losing to West Ham, Burnley, Bournemouth, Newcastle or Southampton.

The 2-2 at the Etihad was one of the worst performances of Pochs tenure despite the good result.
The 2-2 at the Emirates, the 2-2 v Olympiacos, absolutely throwing away leads, the 7-2, Colchester, Brighton.
The 1-1 v Watford 4 minutes away from losing to the worst team in the league at the time at home.

It was 11 months of toilet, and it reached a head this season, even after he was given the players he wanted in the summer and was able to keep the ones he wanted.

I find it odd that people can say it’s worse.....worse you say?
Even with a superior RB to the one we had last season?
Even with Dele who “hasn’t been poor”?

Even with Dier not playing who is the cause of all our midfield issues?

Even with Ndombele who is showing “all the attributes of a world class CM”?

Even without Sissoko who “offers nothing”?

Even though Lo Celso “has been a revelation”?

Even though Hugo is back because “Gaz is shit”?

Even though the “bad apples” have gone?

Even though we aren’t 14th anymore?

There’s so much contradiction on here it makes your eyes bleed reading it.
Wasn’t the 2018 window the reason we were shit up until November?
Yet since Jose came no one has said the words “2018 Summer Window.”
Doesn’t it count to them now?

But don’t tell me despite all of the above opinions, it’s all because of Moura and Jose.

Nothing to do with the garbage state we was left in and the 80M of crap the last manager left us with in Sessegnon and Ndombele, while selling our first choice RB and not replacing him and selling our back up strikers because “Kane”.

Nothing do with moral, nothing to do with trying to integrate new signings who had no pre season with the team, nothing to do with injuries, nothing to with players not performing.

Basically NONE of the reasons people have Poch a pass for nearly a whole year of relegation form AND results count anymore after 16wks for the new manager.

Crass, bullshit. Get over it man, he’s never coming back.

Last edited:
Dele Usually loves a game against these, give him a chance to prove some of the doubters wrong and after Jose has been embarrassed already by fat frank outdoing him tactically at the lane I reckon he has something prepared for this, I can see son starting with a cast and even parrot , time To earn your money Jose, and I don’t want to hear “we have no bullets In the gun” although it may be true , in the trenches during world war 2 when you run out of bullets you stabbed a bayonet through the heart of the enemy instead, so come Saturday I wanna see Jose fix bayonets and this spurs team go to war! :tobyarm:

I don’t care how we do it but a win would be unbelievable. This lot are absolute scum: the worst fan base - plastic fantastics and old world racists - of any team in England.

Back
Top Bottom