Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They went to a 3 at the back against us last time and it really caused us problems. Wonder if that's something they may adopt again at the weekend with Kante out.

Kepa
Zouma - Rudiger - Tomori
Azpilicueta - Jorginho - Kovacic - Alonso
Willian - Mount
Giroud
Could definitely see something like that. Hopefully Jose has prepared for something like that considering the last fixture with them.

They went to a 3 at the back against us last time and it really caused us problems. Wonder if that's something they may adopt again at the weekend with Kante out.

Kepa
Zouma - Rudiger - Tomori
Willian - Mount
Giroud
Could definitely see something like that. Hopefully Jose has prepared for something like that considering the last fixture with them.
Think they are more likely to stick with James on the right and put Azpilicueta out on the left, Apart from that i reckon you are spot on.

To match them up I would go:

Lloris
Sanchez - Toby - Davies
Aurier - Winks - Lo Celso - Sess
Dele - Bergwijn
Son

With Sess, Aurier, Bergwijn & Son we out pace them on the break, both through the middle and flanks.

Although maybe the answer isn't to match them, maybe playing with an extra midfielder in Ndombele will help us dictate the game?

Think they are more likely to stick with James on the right and stick Azpilicueta out on the left, Apart from that i thin you are spot on.

To match them up I would go:

Lloris
Sanchez - Toby - Davies
Aurier - Winks - Lo Celso - Sess
Dele - Bergwijn
Son

With Sess, Aurier, Bergwijn & Son we out pace them on the break, both through the middle and flanks.

Although maybe the answer isn't to match them, maybe playing with an extra midfielder in Ndombele will help us dictate the game?

Good point. James is excellent and would match our attack pace for pace.

If we do go 3 at the back, this seems a reasonable game to rotate Davies (who I expect to play against Leipzig) and start Tanganga, especially in a three. Could see Sess starting.

Even without Kante they have legs in midfield with Kovacic/Jorginho/Mount.
Ndombele can't play this game, a midfield of Winks/Gedson/Lo Celso would cope much better.
Sad but I think you may be right, depends how he is looking in training I suppose. Jose might even have been saving him for this you never know. . .

Such is our shit record at Stamford Bridge in recent times - I feel privileged to have seen us win their on 4 occasions. (missed the 1990 game)

farcical that we play a massive game on Wednesday and they stick us in the Saturday early BT slot.
I want Mourinho to kick off as the league always fucks us over with the scheduling around CL games, while they bend over backwards to help Liverpool.

We should still be winning this, they are poor at the moment, Kante is huge. It's about belief and matching what they put into their cup final.

COYS!

All this unnecessary worry. We got this in the bag. Chin up we will win if we press them kids. Just like Man U did last nite.

Kepa
Zouma - Rudiger - Tomori
Willian - Mount
Giroud
Has Jose ever been done over twice In the same season? Fat frank caught him out in the last game , surely he won’t let that happen again?

All this unnecessary worry. We got this in the bag. Chin up we will win if we press them kids. Just like Man U did last nite.
This is what we thought when we played them at the lane , regardless of form this won’t be an easy game , however if we turn up I’m confident we can win, big if though

Chelsea lose at home to ManU so we are just one point behind Chelsea in 4th going into the game, with same number of games played.
To be fair, it's a VERY similar scenario that we faced going into the HOME game just before Christmas... hadn't they just lost at home, meaning that HAD we beat them, we'd have moved above them... anbd look how THAT turned out!!
Time to learn the lesson that when OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS, you GRAB it with both hands.... (just ask Hugie Green!!!!!)

This was a reply from the 'other matches' Thread... but feels like it's relevant here now!
Will this result make Chelsea more angry come Saturday... or will they be under too much pressure? Come on Mou, make them cry. Give them pain!
Oh they're gonna be pissed off alright... and we KNOW how much they enjoy taking their vitriol out on us...
After all... we know how the Jews REALLY piss their fans off... hence why they seem to get so riled whenever WE show up in Town....

I'd have rather an insipid, tepid display last night that shows they don't really care much for this season any more... (y'know, like the one WE put in against Brighton!!)

...but as it is, they're gonna be all angry and shouty and foaming at the mouth...
I guess the only good thing potentially about that is, they might be SO caught up with rage, that they actually get distracted from the game itself, and simply lose their heads...
(y'know, like WE did back in... oh, you know the rest!) :dembelefingers:

Fred was brilliant last night nicking the ball off them high. If Lamela is fit he’d be perfect for the same role

Mourinho going back there and beating them to go above them, has to happen

Fred was brilliant last night nicking the ball off them high. If Lamela is fit he’d be perfect for the same role

Mourinho going back there and beating them to go above them, has to happen
except Fred is good enough to hold down a starting role for Utd and has played really well in the last few weeks. Lamela is a sicknote who shows up for a few cup and league games a season. The guy has been here for 7 years and never, ever, come close to being a starter.

Son is sidelined so we might have to resort to playing him, i'm an optimist, but i am close to giving up if that's the case

except Fred is good enough to hold down a starting role for Utd and has played really well in the last few weeks. Lamela is a sicknote who shows up for a few cup and league games a season. The guy has been here for 7 years and never, ever, come close to being a starter.

Son is sidelined so we might have to resort to playing him, i'm an optimist, but i am close to giving up if that's the case
I get what you’re saying. I just like his snideness and he seems to turn up against the chavs

Back
Top Bottom