Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bookies have us massively as underdogs 7/2!!

Also - on the correct score there is virtually every Chelsea winning score before you get down to 1 0 Spurs at 15-1

Someone has to step up, as at the moment I can't see where the goals are going to come from...... We have nothing up top - nara, nil, not a sausage........

Cometh the hour cometh the.......... Who????

Who's it going to be?

Dele?
Bergwijn

I'd like to see Stevie step up. He's got tatts, he gets speeding tickets. Scored a beauty on his debut. He seems like the kind of guy who might be able to leave a nasty mark on the hive (of scum and villainy).

TN should be fairly fit. We might see him start (all this bollocks about blowing out his arse was said about Kane, too - he's no engine, but he can do an hour). Hard to imagine we're going to see Lucas start, so Lamela has to be on. Having said that, Jose did say he was fresh from the training ground.

Tanganga was obviously rested for this game, so we should have some steel and pace at the back.

Also, Kante is out. He's their metronome. Think we can boss it better without him absent. I reckon the goals will start after the hour and it's anyone's guess what the final score is. 2-0 Spurs is my shout.

Lloris
Aurier Dav Tanganga Davies
Locelso Winks
Tangy
Lucas Alli Steve

I think both Lucas and Alli will benefit from having Tangy in there thread in the through balls.

Usually quite positive about Spurs, but just canā€™t get my hopes up for this one.

Chelsea arenā€™t all that, but weā€™re flapping at the moment. My prediction is 2-0. Please for the love of God donā€™t start Winks, as heā€™ll just get steamrolled.

I thought this quote from Jose couldn't possibly be actual non-hyperbolic fact, but after a bit of research, I think it might be (as long as you're not literally counting only goal contributions by Son in Kane's absence, in which case there are a handful of exceptions). This is insane:

"Tottenham without Harry or Sonny, without one of them, doesnā€™t win a match since 2014,ā€ he said. ā€œThat means a lot. That means that Sonny and Harry score the majority of goals that Tottenham scores. This season was so, so negatively special that we are going to be without them both at the same time for a lot of matches."

Michael Oliver
tumblr_liza5gI8tK1qiyrq3o1_400.gif

I really wanted to wake up about 11, have a leisurely breakfast, then stroll down to the pub. Instead Iā€™m up at 6 and completely wired on strong coffee. Fucking football.

We never seem to take these opportunities when they present themselves - please, for once, can we make this one count.

I really wanted to wake up about 11, have a leisurely breakfast, then stroll down to the pub. Instead Iā€™m up at 6 and completely wired on strong coffee. Fucking football.

We never seem to take these opportunities when they present themselves - please, for once, can we make this count.
At least you slept. ;)

Anyone else awake because they suffer with severe insomnia or just a really fucked up circadian rhythm? I'm in the latter camp: some bastard variant of "non 24" and irregular sleep-wake (literally 24 hours sleep one day and 4 the next, which is where being an unaffiliated academic is a lifesaver for me).

We never seem to take these opportunities when they present themselves - please, for once, can we make this one count.
Sucks so much being a football fan :mourbringit: ; I'll smoke a wee joint now and set me alarm 90 mins before kick-off (proper breakfast + some beer before the match actually starts).

At least you slept. ;)

Anyone else awake because they suffer with severe insomnia or just a really fucked up circadian rhythm? I'm in the latter camp: some bastard variant of "non 24" and irregular sleep-wake (literally 24 hours sleep one day and 4 the next, which is where being an unaffiliated academic is a lifesaver for me).
Donā€™t, whatever you do, revoke your neutrality. Youā€™ll never sleep again.

Donā€™t, whatever you do, revoke your neutrality. Youā€™ll never sleep again.
Confession: I'm a bit of a forum slut. I'm also on SpursCommu the other big Spurs forum. And they caught me referring to the team as "we" and "us" a few times -- swore they'd finish the job and indoctrinate me.

Kane's my all-time favourite player so I naturally gravitate towards Spurs fans online. I really like the community around the club. I joined the other board first because I had this idea that TFC was the battle royale cunt-off of Spurs forums, but I've been treated exceptionally well on both and the vast majority of users are great lads. Can't say the same about /r/coys, but I have a massive bias against Reddit in favour of traditional forums tbf.

What's the prediction for today, mate?

At least you slept. ;)

I suffer from non-24, my days are pretty much 25 hours so my time of sleep gets pushed back gradually and gradually until I end up sleeping all day and eventually it goes full circle. Fucking hate it.

Big ask...... In his 3rd game for us.

He has 32 goals in 152 senior appearances...... Not the worst stat but hardly prolific..... If anything he's more likely to provide the assists.

Mind you that's double the goals Lamela has in roughly same amount of games.

I'm thinking it has to be Dele front and centre.

Back
Top Bottom