Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Conte change the team? It’s just he said about having the same quality on the bench which we have now. I would prefer Bissouma to start over Hojberg, but will Conte risk changing the Southampton team a little? Chelsea away is very different to Southampton at home, so I don’t think it should be a case of playing the same team. Bissouma tenacity would work against a tough Chelsea side
I think we will play the same team. As much as I want Biss to feature he is off the pace.

royal to have sterling in his pocket, Kane and Son to wake up, Sess to have another stormer, the rocks at the back to give away nothing and Lloris to have a quiet day. Romero yellow card for biting Mounts smug face off. A 1-0 goal courtesy of a PEH scuffer deflecting off all of their granddads in defence

would start doc over emerson. need final 3rd end product, especially against chelsea away from home. narrow pitch plays into dohertys strengths even more as he loves getting into the box.

cant see conte changing the starting 11 from the weekend though. hopefully they pull through cos this games massive. son and kane need to click into gear asap.
We will be defending more then we did against Saints. Emerson has shown in big games now to be sound against an onslaught

I'm ready to smash these cunts.

Conte and the boys are going to rain fire!!

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

TTgk2f.gif

I would think Tuchel sees us as a threat this season so it's going to be very interesting.

I think he would be more than content with a draw while he gets his squad sorted, which might play out in respect of the tone of the game.

Conte's comments pre-match may reveal much about the intent of our approach.

Absolutely!

I mean, I definitely think we're good enough to win....but IF we lose, can we at least go down fighting - kicking the shit out of them so badly they'll never want to step foot on the same pitch as us again.

Bare minimum requirement, that.
Unlike last 4 matches, let’s hope conte sets up differently and with a different attitude. Last time he kind of gave up before kicking a ball and kept going on about how much better they are than us. Well so are city and pool and we were unbeaten against them last season. Let’s have some of that spirit in this gane.

Unlike last 4 matches, let’s hope conte sets up differently and with a different attitude. Last time he kind of gave up before kicking a ball and kept going on about how much better they are than us. Well so are city and pool and we were unbeaten against them last season. Let’s have some of that spirit in this gane.

I'll trust in Conte to do what he thinks will get us the result

History has nothing to do with this game.

New season, different players and most of all different mentality.

Everyone including us fans need to remove past disappointments from our mind and focus on Sunday.

Same goes for the team. Approach this like any other game, focusing on the strategy, mentality and effort needed to win this game and nothing else.

There is no fucking Ouija board that makes us play like shit at the Bridge. So let’s go and win the fucking game!!

COYS:contepoint:

DJ Check Complete DJ Check Complete dunno what you’re disagreeing with. It’s a factual statement

Bent scored away for us at Chelsea and arse

And united for that matter
And then in all the other games, occasionally break into a gentle stroll in the centre circle, clapping over his shoulder to the passer of a ball that landed five yards in front of him that he couldn't be arsed to try to get.

This is just feeling like the longest week ever.

For me, putting aside what will happen end-of-season, it’s our biggest match in terms of showing us how far we’ve come and where we might be heading. I’m properly pumped, like a kid before Christmas …
:contefists:

… who has mild PTSD from previously waking up to zero presents year, after year, after year….

:dierpochhug:

Maybe this time! Best chance in a long while.

This is just feeling like the longest week ever.

For me, putting aside what will happen end-of-season, it’s our biggest match in terms of showing us how far we’ve come and where we might be heading. I’m properly pumped, like a kid before Christmas …
:contefists:

… who has mild PTSD from previously waking up to zero presents year, after year, after year….

:dierpochhug:

Maybe this time! Best chance in a long while.
It will be a real battle and a test. Win it and we'll be talked up for the league. Lose it and it's a massive dent to collective confidence. They'll turn up, for sure. Always do.

BUT they've lost a couple of bogey-men in Alonso and Rudiger (thank fuck, they both make my skin crawl).

I think if we score early, we dominate them. Anything else, then I'm getting some morphine on drip.

I just saw this, not sure if it's been posted already.

Some people disagree with the weirdest things on here.
Like, some one above saying Bent scored away at Woolwich and Chelsea and some one disagreed. He did ffs. There's no disagree about it.

Then someone says this is a must win game and it gets a disagree.
Every game is a must win game until your position is mathematically safe. Fact. No disagree. And beating your hoodoo team is MASSIVE

Go on then plebs. Disagree with me

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Back
Top Bottom