Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FLINCH

Tottenham fan flinched when Chelsea captain John Terry confronted him at White Hart Lane as fierce rivalry crossed between the pitch and stands​

Connor Andrews
12th August 2022, 2:24 pm

Updated: 12th August 2022, 2:29 pm

VIOLENT

Tottenham fan threw punch at Frank Lampard and sparked melee involving Chelsea heroes John Terry and Didier Drogba after fiery cup clash between London rivals​

Sean O'Brien
12th August 2022, 2:31 pm

Updated: 12th August 2022, 2:33 pm

Richie Lad back, could possibly have a say in the game coming off the bench later in the game.

I really hope he scores and does his Pigeon dance. Push their anger over the edge

DZtq36lX4AAZhlr.jpg

At the end of last season Woolwich supporters "celebrated" when they heard that Romero was out for the season. Up stepped Sanchez (and Dier & Davies).
Up thru the years, there have been many top-class players on opposing teams who missed out on games vs Spurs due to injuries and yet it had little or no impact on the outcome of the game.
Chelski have two quality CM in Kanté and Jorginho.

It’s our current shoulda, woulda, coulda fixture.

My main hope is that Conte has instilled more of his own personality in the team now and has faith in them to execute his game plan.

Our record against them at their place is ok if you compare it to our Anfield winless run of 73 years. 73 YEARS!!!!

Let’s look at the positives!!

Since 1957 we have beaten them 10x in the league at their place.
Once this actual century and that was in the last 5 years.
That’s good form all things considered!!!

borat-very.gif
Wait. What?

73 years? Without a win at anfield? That’s nuts.

We don't have any excuses. The lads have been given everything to go out and win games like this. It's all down to our mentality.

This is the match that we have to shed the weak Tottenham of old that always flinch when we are on the precipice of achieving something.

Midfield is the key. Personally not bothered by Jorginho at all. Kante is the big x-factor. Does he still have the legs? If Kante can't shield the backline, Chelsea don't have a chance. Son and Kane will run riot on an aging Silva, Azpilicueta and a shaky Koulibaly who were bailed out last week time and time again by poor Everton decision making.

Never confident against Chelsea, but in my mind Tottenham must show up and lay down a real marker.

Chelsea seem so much less daunting without Rudiger. He never gave our attackers a sniff.

I think we'll give Koulibaly the run around.

We need to put Sonny in a position to drag him and the pensioner beside him all over the damn shop.

Back
Top Bottom