Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you do that?
I have ad blocker but in the last few days I am getting ads in my outlook email account and youtube.
What browser do you use? I'm.not sure you can get it for chrome, one of the main reasons I use Firefox. I have 2 add-ons, ublock origin and privacy badger and I can browse ad free on my laptop. Phones are another story (I'd never stream football on a phone though).

He’ll even take his teeth out.
Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

That match, and indeed the whole 71/72 season, is covered in The Glory Game by Hunter Davies. One of the best football books ever written.
I disagree - the best football book ever written ;)

It still amazes me that Bill Nick and the directors at the time ever allowed that to happen. A bit like the 'All or Nothing' documentaries now.

I disagree - the best football book ever written ;)

It still amazes me that Bill Nick and the directors at the time ever allowed that to happen. A bit like the 'All or Nothing' documentaries now.
The story goes, Hunter-Davies asked Bill Nick if he could do it. Bill Nick said 'Ask the chairman'. When HD asked the chairman he said 'Ask Bill Nick'. So HD just went ahead. They didn't know what they were letting themselves in for until they read it.

Back
Top Bottom