Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just fucking turn up tomorrow Spurs! Please, pretty please.
I’m a bag of nerves for this one now. Have been calm (ish) all week, but we almost always conspire to fuck it up against this lot.
More confident than I have been in a while with Antonio steering the ship, but still have nagging doubts - they have been such a bloody bogey team at their place for us.

A game that I associate with abject misery but I don't think so today. Quietly optimistic we'll draw at worst.

I was just having a think about who I'd like to see start and realised we have so many decent options, I'm not too bothered.

I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to today, 'cos, along with the NLD, who in their right mind can actually genuinely enjoy the nervous tension that comes with these games...?

HOWEVER, I really do hope we can finally put the inferiority complex behind us...
After years of failure there, that feeling has kinda stuck....
But no more.
THIS team is not THAT team....

Be wary of them, yes, absolutely... but we need to stop fearing them, and maybe, just maybe, let them worry about us for a change!

Fucking come on you motherfuckin' Spurs!

Last edited:
Massive game whenever it happens, but even more so this time, given the optimism surrounding our transfer business and squad/management we have this season.

Not turning up for this is not an option, we have to be at them from the get go.

COYS

Cometh the hour, cometh the man 💪

This time it will be different, time to
smash these financially pimped mercenaries in their own back yard.

COYS we got this!

I honestly think if we lose today, then we are destined to lose at Stamford Bridge for an eternity. If we can’t go there fighting today and get at least a draw with this team/squad and in the current positive mindset we are in, then I honestly don’t think we will ever get a positive result at this shit hole. An absolute embarrassing record that simply has to end today.

Last edited:
I honestly think if we lose today, then we are destined to lose at Stamford Bridge for eternity. If we can’t go there fighting today and get at least a draw with this team/squad and in the current positive mindset we are in, then I honestly don’t think we will ever get a positive result at this shit hole. An absolute embarrassing record that simply has to end today.
It really is a case of "If not now... then when?"

I don't believe in curses but that belief is going to be severely tested today.

I want a win against this lot so bad.

I honestly think if we lose today, then we are destined to lose at Stamford Bridge for eternity. If we can’t go there fighting today and get at least a draw with this team/squad and in the current positive mindset we are in, then I honestly don’t think we will ever get a positive result at this shit hole. An absolute embarrassing record that simply has to end today.
I don't think it will end today mate because similar to West ham it doesn't matter how bad their form is they raise it against us and we struggle to respond.
I think we can draw which is fine but the win I can't see happening our record is spineless there even before they were good.

I don't think it will end today mate because similar to West ham it doesn't matter how bad their form is they raise it against us and we struggle to respond.
I think we can draw which is fine but the win I can't see happening our record is spineless there even before they were good.

He’s getting the team that he needs and has had the time to prepare unlike last season

:contefists:

Look we all want to win but we just don't turn up there normally so let's see
👆

Our dismal record spans many owners and managers. FWIW I think we have enough in the tank to do them, but that's not how these things tend to go.

As much as I would love a win, at this point I think we would all take a point before the game.

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by DefyTV

Back
Top Bottom