Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone remember the game at the bridge maybe 80 ish? for me it was the first time being kept back 20 mins after the game . .. then they had a helicopter flying over the away end!!!!! and just to top it off, rows of cops backed by horses lined all the way down to the tube station... Just a touch ott!!!

Anyone remember the game at the bridge maybe 80 ish? for me it was the first time being kept back 20 mins after the game . .. then they had a helicopter flying over the away end!!!!! and just to top it off, rows of cops backed by horses lined all the way down to the tube station... Just a touch ott!!!

Considering it was the 80s I would guess that it was probably a necessary precaution?!

Gonna be a perfect day, I can feel it. It started with not one but TWO nice breakfasts, we're about to head off to the local reservoir for a pleasant stroll with the dog, let him have a splash about and sniff and play with the rest of the nation within a nation. Back home for the aperitivo then a roast chicken dinner, some nice wine...

Up next is the Santa Siesta, a quick espresso to get things in gear then a few ice-cold beers as we thrash the Fulham chav cunts within an inch of their pathetic racist lives.

Can't see anything going wrong!

:richtongue:

Gonna be a perfect day, I can feel it. It started with not one but TWO nice breakfasts, we're about to head off to the local reservoir for a pleasant stroll with the dog, let him have a splash about and sniff and play with the rest of the nation within a nation. Back home for the aperitivo then a roast chicken dinner, some nice wine...

Up next is the Santa Siesta, a quick espresso to get things in gear then a few ice-cold beers as we thrash the Fulham chav cunts within an inch of their pathetic racist lives.

Can't see anything going wrong!

:richtongue:
Sounds like a great day. Although a roast dinner when it's 35 degrees?

:mourshock:

This match going back decades is the one that I’ve often seen enough by half time to know we are not going to win. Whether at the game or watching on tv.

As long as that’s not the case today I will be happy.

Is it too much to hope that just once the tables are reversed…….

COYS.

COME ON YOU LILYWHITES!!!!

The result is less important to me than the attitude. I can accept any result as long as we play with belief and aggression. If we give everything and lose then there's nothing else we can do.

What I won't accept is another timid showing where we think we've lost before we even walk out of the dressing room. If these players can play with a swagger away at Liverpool and City then there is no excuse not to do it against these scumbags. If Chelsea are going to win then they should have to suffer to beat us, not stroll past us.

As some others have said, all I ask is for the players to bloody show up and put in a gutsy display (and no individual howlers please). Do that, and hopefully the result will go our way...

Considering it was the 80s I would guess that it was probably a necessary precaution?!
Did you see much football in the 80's? That game for me felt like a turning point in handling fans... Maybe the cops outside the ground..the chavs were nasty thugs .unlike west ham difficult to see them coming so yeah and the 20 mins after the game... V much in retrospect I get.. but a helicopter ... Wtf...

The statement we put out here with a win would be incredible.

The confidence and feeling amongst that group of players, who all must know the importance of this fixture and our record in it, would be higher than it's been in years. And with Conte at the helm, we have a born winner who will know how to push us on from that.

COYS.

Did you see much football in the 80's? That game for me felt like a turning point in handling fans... Maybe the cops outside the ground..the chavs were nasty thugs .unlike west ham difficult to see them coming so yeah and the 20 mins after the game... V much in retrospect I get.. but a helicopter ... Wtf...

I was born in 90 😂.

Tbh seeing the level of policing for our game against Millwall, nothing surprises me. There were drones ffs haha.

Back
Top Bottom