Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully we'll be in a nice comfortable position with 20 minutes or so to go where we can take one off and introduce Rich
I have a feeling that Richarlison will come on for the last 20 minutes whatever the score is. Conte seems reluctant to change things around but I'd like to see a scenario if were winning with 20 minutes to go with dropping Kulu into AMF, and playing with two up front Kane or Son, with Richarlison.

I do see why Conte is reluctant to change the system though because of how well we ended last season and the good performance last weekend.

I have a feeling that Richarlison will come on for the last 20 minutes whatever the score is. Conte seems reluctant to change things around but I'd like to see a scenario if were winning with 20 minutes to go with dropping Kulu into AMF, and playing with two up front Kane or Son, with Richarlison.

I do see why Conte is reluctant to change the system though because of how well we ended last season and the good performance last weekend.
it is necessary to learn some variants to the typical system, but these attempts should be done in different matches imo

👆

Our dismal record spans many owners and managers. FWIW I think we have enough in the tank to do them, but that's not how these things tend to go.

As much as I would love a win, at this point I think we would all take a point before the game.

I want a win and remember the 3-1 with Dele’s sublime finish

Anyone remember the game at the bridge maybe 80 ish? for me it was the first time being kept back 20 mins after the game . .. then they had a helicopter flying over the away end!!!!! and just to top it off, rows of cops backed by horses lined all the way down to the tube station... Just a touch ott!!!

I can remember the 2-0 win in the early 70s
Jimmy Pearce brace I think

It got very tasty outside afterwards

Locals not very pleased

So this was Chelsea's starting eleven in their last game:

Mendy
Azpilicueta - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Jorginho - Chilwell
Mount - Sterling - Havertz

It's a decent eleven. But that shape is the most interesting. I actually feel we tend to do well against teams that play 3 at the back. I actually think our midfield two could dominate theirs. Jorginho is the least athletic out of both teams midfields and getting round him should be the opportunity we need to take.

I am worried about that front three. It's fluidity could cause us problems. Sterling loves a goal against us too. Not particularly worried too much about James and Chilwell, they are good at what they do, getting up and down the field but I feel like they know they can't leave space behind. Sessegnon, credit to him, has done an incredible job against some of the best wide players in the Premier League and he needs to do that again today.

Kane, Son and Kulusevski need to try and match that same fluidity today though. Drag Koulibaly into positions he really doesn't want to be in. Silva is their key man at the back, but I am hoping Kane has the game of his life today because keeping Silva occupied would be the key to us winning this game, I feel.

I was born in 90 😂.

Tbh seeing the level of policing for our game against Millwall, nothing surprises me. There were drones ffs haha.
Yeah. It was a different era. don't curries sell drones? ..att no mobile phones..in my first flat I got told I had to wait 18 months to get a land line.. it arrived in four ....I was happy so
a Helicopter hovering 100 feet over you directly over you...was quite startling .. and as I said for me marked a change in fan handling . Which is why I wondered if anyone else remembered the game . As for Millwall
Remembering 2000ish
us goin to the den for rhino Stephens testemonial.. I was living not so far away from the den l and had worked for and knew for an ex owner..so I was well aware but I was shocked the level of hate, it was on a different planet ... We Left the away end and about 30 Millwall fans charged around a corner at us... Im not sure who was more startled, me and the few aging spurs fans or them when they realised there was no one to fight...

Admin Admin @Admin . Is posting an innocent link to latest odds on a Spurs match now considered promoting gambling
I don't have a problem with it. If it was some new account who's clearly signed up to promote their gambling site then, yeah, I'd bin that.

Gambling is a great way to get rid of that pesky "money" stuff.

Admin Admin . Is posting an innocent link to latest odds on a Spurs match now considered promoting gambling?

If so, I apologise and you can remove the post.

And holloway spurs , why is it strange for a Spurs fan to post a link?
If it is a problem.... then the world has finally gone mad.
It is, as you said, an innocent link in the build up to a massive game.
If people really cant help themselves to "bet responsibly" then that is a problem they need to address through the correct channels and get some help. For those of us who can have a little banter bet and not let it takeover our lives, i think we should be able to discuss it on a football forum with out the Do Gooding Nazi's getting involved.
We don't live in a Nanny state .
YET.

I wonder what odds i can get on a disagree incoming.
Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom