Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So this was Chelsea's starting eleven in their last game:

Mendy
Azpilicueta - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Jorginho - Chilwell
Mount - Sterling - Havertz

It's a decent eleven. But that shape is the most interesting. I actually feel we tend to do well against teams that play 3 at the back. I actually think our midfield two could dominate theirs. Jorginho is the least athletic out of both teams midfields and getting round him should be the opportunity we need to take.

I am worried about that front three. It's fluidity could cause us problems. Sterling loves a goal against us too. Not particularly worried too much about James and Chilwell, they are good at what they do, getting up and down the field but I feel like they know they can't leave space behind. Sessegnon, credit to him, has done an incredible job against some of the best wide players in the Premier League and he needs to do that again today.

Kane, Son and Kulusevski need to try and match that same fluidity today though. Drag Koulibaly into positions he really doesn't want to be in. Silva is their key man at the back, but I am hoping Kane has the game of his life today because keeping Silva occupied would be the key to us winning this game, I feel.

What do you mean their front three’s fluidity is something to worry about?

Chelsea are not playing fluidly at the moment. At all.

Our front 3 trumps theurs

What do you mean their front three’s fluidity is something to worry about?

Chelsea are not playing fluidly at the moment. At all.

Our front 3 trumps theurs

Their front three has no set shape. Mount isn't a right winger, Havertz isn't a left winger and Sterling isn't a striker. They're freely moving, willing to move into positions that draw others out. Hence, fluid.

As a team they may not be playing fluidly. But that front three is as fluid as it comes.

It'll be our biggest problem on the night. If we can contain that, we'll be fine on our defensive end. If we can't, it could be a bit of a slugfest between both clubs.

Our front three definitely trumps theirs.

Hate this game, and I NEVER predict anything other than 'nil points'

Feels different this time ... I think we'll win 3-1.

Harry and Sonny have to be sharper than last week, though.

Their front three has no set shape. Mount isn't a right winger, Havertz isn't a left winger and Sterling isn't a striker. They're freely moving, willing to move into positions that draw others out. Hence, fluid.

It'll be our biggest problem on the night. If we can contain that, we'll be fine on our defensive end. If we can't, it could be a bit of a slugfest between both clubs.

Our front three definitely trumps theirs.

I don’t agree about them being fluid but entitled to your opinion.

Hope we fuck them up

DZt_G0-WsAc8Az_
Didn’t know Limmy was a chav

B3CF3C98-FD21-40FA-980C-1093B7E2F965.gif

Severe lack of hair in that photo

Beware ANTHONY TAYLOR the worst referee in football in the world. Taylor is the most corrupt official and he is there to do a number on Spurs.

Chelski played no football against Everton were entirely propped up by Chris Kavanagh who even gave a "slip" (blatant dive) to Raheem Sterling the worst diver on the planet.

He's the one who claimed some Chelski fans racially abused him a litle while ago, but now is playing for them. Try figuring that out.

Chelski have become a team of divers with Ben Chillwell sometimes outdoing Sterling. The media (Sky) cover up for them often lying on TV to spin some angle.

Hope Spurs can overcome all this today, best of luck!

Despite the rhetoric of their demise, they’re still a good team with a good manager.

I expect the game to be pretty close in terms of overall possession and chances.

However, where we have a distinct advantage is in match winners across the respective front threes. In a combined XI I’d have our whole front 3 over any of theirs. We need to be clinical when our chances arrive.

Don’t see us “bottling” this at all. We are a different side now.

COYS. 💪💪

If it is a problem.... then the world has finally gone mad.
It is, as you said, an innocent link in the build up to a massive game.
If people really cant help themselves to "bet responsibly" then that is a problem they need to address through the correct channels and get some help. For those of us who can have a little banter bet and not let it takeover our lives, i think we should be able to discuss it on a football forum with out the Do Gooding Nazi's getting involved.
We don't live in a Nanny state .
YET.

I wonder what odds i can get on a disagree incoming.
Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Rant over.

Betting can be harmful and fun... I put a fiver on Manu when they were two down yesterday.

It's known as a win-win bet.

So this was Chelsea's starting eleven in their last game:

Mendy
Azpilicueta - Silva - Koulibaly
James - Kante - Jorginho - Chilwell
Mount - Sterling - Havertz

It's a decent eleven. But that shape is the most interesting. I actually feel we tend to do well against teams that play 3 at the back. I actually think our midfield two could dominate theirs. Jorginho is the least athletic out of both teams midfields and getting round him should be the opportunity we need to take.

I am worried about that front three. It's fluidity could cause us problems. Sterling loves a goal against us too. Not particularly worried too much about James and Chilwell, they are good at what they do, getting up and down the field but I feel like they know they can't leave space behind. Sessegnon, credit to him, has done an incredible job against some of the best wide players in the Premier League and he needs to do that again today.

Kane, Son and Kulusevski need to try and match that same fluidity today though. Drag Koulibaly into positions he really doesn't want to be in. Silva is their key man at the back, but I am hoping Kane has the game of his life today because keeping Silva occupied would be the key to us winning this game, I feel.
Think they might start Kovacic ahead of Jorginho and Cucurella will be in with a shout.. a lot fitter and sharper than Chilwell at the moment. He proved a tough matchup for Kulusevski last season. If we can defend set-pieces well today I think we get a positive result.

Think they might start Kovacic ahead of Jorginho and Cucurella will be in with a shout.. a lot fitter and sharper than Chilwell at the moment. He proved a tough matchup for Kulusevski last season. If we can defend set-pieces well today I think we get a positive result.

Yeah, they were the only two that I thought may change in the line-up.

Tuchel did say that Kovavic may miss this one through injury but I think we all know that it was likely to be mind games after the jab he made at Conte in the press-conference. Cucurella is a lot more aggressive than Chillwell and would pose more of a problem to us but I think we did relatively well against him last season

Back
Top Bottom