Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Christian Eriksen will become a problem for Antonio Conte... he is silent': Former Spurs man slammed for display in Inter Milan's loss to Juventus by Paolo Di Canio as Fabio Capello claims midfielder is too slow
  • Paolo Di Canio and Fabio Capello have slammed Inter Milan's Christian Eriksen
  • The Danish midfield was a notable passenger during his side's loss to Juventus
  • Di Canio said Eriksen will become a problem for Inter boss Antonio Conte
  • Capello expressed concerns that Eriksen is too slow for the Italian division

'Christian Eriksen will become a problem for Antonio Conte... he is silent': Former Spurs man slammed for display in Inter Milan's loss to Juventus by Paolo Di Canio as Fabio Capello claims midfielder is too slow
  • The Danish midfield was a notable passenger during his side's loss to Juventus
Jesus, too slow for the Italian league...

My dislike for Eriksen aside, he literally did nothing other than put a set piece into the first man yesterday. Inter fans must be wondering what the fuck they've bought.

A manager calling out one his players in public, well I never.

Just thought I'd pop on over to Forza Inter to see what they are saying about their new maestro...

"Dude, I agree with everything you are saying but jesus the man plays in midfield, he NEEDS to be able to track back, stick a tackle in, not be afraid of any physically duel. It's cringy watching him being so afraid of any type of duel. That's why I'm asking has he always played like this. Spurs fans were saying for the full last year he just didn't care and it looks the same. He plays with absolutely no intensity. Surely he hasn't always been like that? "

"Looks burned out to me. We should sell him but with this so called pandemic, it ruins everything. Also, I dont know why people insist on calling him a top player when he hasnt performed in ages.

Very disappointing, really dislike these kind of players, ballerinas with no flair + he sucks "

"...The reality is that Eriksen looks depressed and unmotivated. I am not sure if that is to do with the fact that he is coming off the bench and the realisation that he is not a starter. He plays with little or no intensity and based on that alone, he will not get near the starting eleven in Serie A. Conte trusts him to play against the likes of Ludogorets and possibly Getafe, but when it comes to Serie A, Conte is not comfortable with him being a starter.
...At the moment, Eriksen's arrival at Inter is proving more problematic than it is useful. "

"...But still, his attitude today was off, too slow to track back, too slow to pass, too weak to get into challenge. He is off the mood and its simply unacceptable. This is not a new league effect, dude even couldnt control a ball ffs. "

"Yeah, like I fully understand him not starting. He is afraid of any duel at all. It's like he wants to play a zero contact sport. So bad "

Sounds like it's going really well. :moursmall:

Yeah but what about his corners?

I'd like to see him fail but it's a bit soon to be passing judgment no? Di Canio, once a brilliant player, is a complete loon and would probably publicly criticise his own mother if asked. Eriksen needs a proper pre season especially since he hasn't played any football for the last 12 months.

Christian Eriksen describes living under lockdown in Italy, not touching a football for seven weeks and why he had to leave Tottenham Hotspur for Inter.

Serie A clubs are allowed to go back into training from this week, as Italy moves into Phase Two of the coronavirus pandemic response.

“I’ve been running around the parking lot basement and calculated I can run 35 metres, then have to take a turn and run 35 metres back,” Eriksen told Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten.

“I haven’t touched the ball in seven weeks. It’s been the longest period without football in my life and I really am starting to miss it.”

As he had just moved from Tottenham Hotspur in January, Eriksen didn’t have a house to live in yet and spent lockdown in an Inter building.

“I thought of talking to Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young, but they already had families to look after, and 14 days sleeping on someone’s sofa is too long.

“Instead, I ended up staying at the club’s training structure with a chef and five members of staff who chose to quarantine themselves in order to protect their families.”

Eriksen has been spending his downtime learning Italian, building Lego and watching Netflix, but ran into trouble during a drive in Milan.

“The police stopped me and in my rather bad Italian I had to explain what I was doing, where I was going and why I was out the house. I’ve never had so much free time and you can’t even really go shopping. We can’t complain, as it’s far more difficult for many others, but it is so different to the life we are accustomed to.

“We do follow the training schedule sent by the club and their diet plans too, but you have to make do.”

Eriksen’s Inter career had barely begun when the lockdown occurred, so he made only four Serie A appearances, two in the Europa League and two in the Coppa Italia.

“It seemed the right move for me, as they were very eager to sign me, and that’s important for a player to know he is wanted. It meant they would’ve done anything to bring me in.

“Some Tottenham fans got angry when I said in a BBC interview that I had a better chance of winning something at Inter, but that is the truth, there are many stronger teams in England.

“There will always be people at Spurs who are angry with me, but the vast majority of fans were positive and I liked playing for that club. I met some lovely people and have fond memories.

“I would’ve liked to leave in different circumstances, but that’s not how football works.”

Christian Eriksen describes living under lockdown in Italy, not touching a football for seven weeks and why he had to leave Tottenham Hotspur for Inter.

Serie A clubs are allowed to go back into training from this week, as Italy moves into Phase Two of the coronavirus pandemic response.

“I’ve been running around the parking lot basement and calculated I can run 35 metres, then have to take a turn and run 35 metres back,” Eriksen told Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten.

“I haven’t touched the ball in seven weeks. It’s been the longest period without football in my life and I really am starting to miss it.”

As he had just moved from Tottenham Hotspur in January, Eriksen didn’t have a house to live in yet and spent lockdown in an Inter building.

“I thought of talking to Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young, but they already had families to look after, and 14 days sleeping on someone’s sofa is too long.

“Instead, I ended up staying at the club’s training structure with a chef and five members of staff who chose to quarantine themselves in order to protect their families.”

Eriksen has been spending his downtime learning Italian, building Lego and watching Netflix, but ran into trouble during a drive in Milan.

“The police stopped me and in my rather bad Italian I had to explain what I was doing, where I was going and why I was out the house. I’ve never had so much free time and you can’t even really go shopping. We can’t complain, as it’s far more difficult for many others, but it is so different to the life we are accustomed to.

“We do follow the training schedule sent by the club and their diet plans too, but you have to make do.”

Eriksen’s Inter career had barely begun when the lockdown occurred, so he made only four Serie A appearances, two in the Europa League and two in the Coppa Italia.

“It seemed the right move for me, as they were very eager to sign me, and that’s important for a player to know he is wanted. It meant they would’ve done anything to bring me in.

“Some Tottenham fans got angry when I said in a BBC interview that I had a better chance of winning something at Inter, but that is the truth, there are many stronger teams in England.

“There will always be people at Spurs who are angry with me, but the vast majority of fans were positive and I liked playing for that club. I met some lovely people and have fond memories.

“I would’ve liked to leave in different circumstances, but that’s not how football works.”

:avbnaa:

".....that is the truth, there are many stronger teams in England."

So you were just desperate to go to a less competitive league to bench-warm for a team that had just been jettisoned to the Europa League (a team we'd knocked out of the CL the year before!) and piggy-back off of their outside chance of snaring a league title?

What exactly were these "circumstances" from your perspective Christian? ...Evidently you don't have the balls to say and will just stick to petty swipes at us having already issued an open 'come and get me plea' off the back of a rancid CL final performance.

"It meant they would’ve done anything to bring me in." - Much like we spent best part of 2 years trying to convince him to stay?

Right cunt this lad turned out to be eh?

Fuck him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom