Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he has a choice I hope Eriksen stays with Brentford
I hope he stays there as well. Danish coach. Lots of Danish players. They’re playing well. Must feel like a family unit. Big fish in a small pond. He’s lucky to still be here, I imagine his priorities have changed. Whatever he does, I hope he smashes it.

It is my own opinion. So, you can take it for what it is. Christian would never voice any criticism about his coach or his club publicly – not even of camera. He is very careful about what he says, and he does not like confrontations. My opinion is based on my perception of him. I interview him for the first time when he joined the Danish national team, when he was 18 years old. I have followed his career ever since and Mind you I have not been a sports journalist the last couple of years, when he was in Inter.

I am not the only one, that felt a bad connection between him and Conte at the time he was in Inter - at least in the beginning. All Danish sports journalists reported that. The headline from a Danish sports outlet below sums it up pretty well. “Conte and Eriksen – match made in hell?”. With a question mark, I know. But an indication that things were – at least - not well.

I think he wants more than Brentford long term. But his first goal is to get to the World Cup. My guess is that he will stay in Brentford until that, now that it seems like the club will stay in Premier League. No reason to rock the boat. He could stay the whole season until summer 2023. Then – it depends. Conte might be gone from Tottenham by then. He is a rolling stone. He only tends to be a couple of years as a coach in the clubs, he has been in. If he is not gone, then I don’t know. He would like to stay in London, but I think he would have a hard time signing for any of Tottenham’s rivals, if they would want him. He cares about the opinion of the fans and his legacy in Tottenham, more than you know, I think. But the ambition to play on a higher level might win. That part I am not sure of. But I think it will be a hard decision, if it comes to that.

Conte og Eriksen – match made in hell? - Sportnyt.dk

Do you know if Conte actually requested Inter sign Eriksen, or did Inter sign him without Conte's approval?

Eriksen was not perfect, especially in the last 12 month's before he left.

Him having a heart attack does not change that but the bloke gave us what we can only dream of now in terms of personnel.

Personally just glad he is alive. I was in Cafe Rouge when my son text me to say he looked like he had died. I mean WTF but....

The football bit is a bonus and whilst I am all for not necessarily looking back, he would be a welcome addition..

Would welcome him back. But whatever just glad the bloke is alive. And still top marks to the National squad surrounding him to keep out the cameras.

i believe he was the reason we had the great Dele we had.

last 18 months not so good but think there was shit behind the scenes that we’ll never know.

An 8.63 on the BBC player rater for yesterday’s match. Surely he would still improve our squad? Just like Dembele and Walker, we’ve never really replaced him.

I was disappointed with his showings in the last 6 months of his time with us, but I would love to see him back pulling strings in a Lilywhite shirt.

Wouldn't blame him if he did.
They gave him a chance when, possibly, nobody else would.
It would be a class move to repay them, even if only for one more year.

It was a deal of mutual-benefit.....

Eriksen got a much desired re-debut in a top league and B'ford got a player of such quality they'd never likely be able to sign otherwise..... What transpired was a struggling team comfortably avoiding a relegation dog-fight.

Neither side owes the other anything.

"It's not about money"

...It's not about charity either.

It may well be about level of competition.

Last edited:
Off to the Mancs.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF
mr bean frustration GIF

Sad day if this happens.

Glad to see CE being able to play at a decent level again. Doubt he will ever be as good again as he was with us thu.
great player here but never felt he was 100% so he is much appreciated but not overly loved, like Eric Lamala, Son, etc who really know the importance of being a yid.
hope they qualify for UL again next year. But he has a fucking big job on .
but if Conte wanted him, I think he would be here. I wanted him but I let big Tony win this one.

I can appreciate that view, but you’d be surprised at the number of athletes who struggle for money after their careers are over. If this is potentially my last contract and I’ve had heart issues, I’m doing whatever I can to best set my family up for the long term.

Most athletes don't earn what elite footballers do.

Spurs: Jul 13 - Jan 20 @ £4.16m p/a = £27.04m
Inter: Jan 20 - Jun 21 @ £6.5m p/a = £9.75m
Brentford: Jan 22 - Jun 22 @ £13.5 p/a(*) = £6.75m

= £43.54m

+ Whatever he clocked up at Ajax.

(*Funny the way he was cast as some kind of demi-saint for playing for lil' ol' Brentford.... They were paying him £260kpw!)

Back
Top Bottom