Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham fan burns Christian Eriksen shirt after he agrees Man Utd transfer but is ridiculed by fellow Spurs supporters​

Gary Stonehouse
10:21, 5 Jul 2022Updated: 10:43, 5 Jul 2022

A TOTTENHAM supporter has been labelled an “embarrassment” after a fan posted a video of him burning his old Christian Eriksen shirt.
The Denmark international, 30, is set to sign a three-year deal at Premier League rivals Manchester United after leaving Brentford on a free transfer.

Credit: Getty
A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on Twitter

A Spurs fan has reacted by burning an old shirt with the Dane's name on and sharing it on TwitterCredit: Twitter @THFC11111

The playmaker, who spent seven years at Spurs before his 2020 move to Inter Milan, is now due to undergo his medical ahead of putting pen-to-paper.

It marks an incredible turnaround for Eriksen after he suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during a Euro 2020 match in June last year.

He was forced to leave Inter Milan after having a defibrillator – which are not allowed in Italy – fitted in the weeks after his collapse.

Fellow Dane Thomas Frank offered him a short-term deal at Brentford and was keen to sign him on a permanent basis this summer.

But now he has left the West London outfit to return to the big-time at United under Erik ten Hag.

However, one fan of old club Spurs is so upset to see Eriksen joining their rivals he has burned a shirt that had the name of the star on the back of it.

Sharing a clip of him setting the jersey alight, he captioned it with: “A man of my word.”

The footage soon went viral - but his fellow Tottenham supporters were not impressed.

One replied: “I’ve seen some cringe stuff on this app but this has to be the worst.”

A fellow follower said: “My word for you is twonk!”

Another wrote: “That’s embarrassing!! Burned a shirt for likes on twitter!”

Plenty of others also labelled him “embarrassing” as another replied with the “Ohh, you’re hard” Gif that Ricky Gervais made famous while playing David Brent in The Office.

Fans quickly slammed their fellow supporter for his actions

Fans quickly slammed their fellow supporter for his actionsCredit: Twitter @THFC11111

It's gonna annoy me that he plays for them in 2 matches this season, other than that I honestly couldn't give a toss.

I'll allow him because man literally died on the pitch so if he wants to maximise his earnings and play for the biggest club he's ever played for whatever, fair play - I just won't be cheering him on with the same vigor as I had last season.

Sick Jason Jones GIF by The Detour

Back
Top Bottom