Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My perception is that of a player bouncing in and out of favour at PSG since his name attracted a little star-dust... Wasn't aware that he'd been bossing it enough to make Barca think "Hmmmm... We must have that".

Then again, it surprised me when they bought Coutinho too... Maybe 'Messi' in ever position is unrealistic, and I know galactico is more the RM model, but it just seems like they stand to have stockpiled a lot of guys that aren't 'there' but might become so... Coutihnho, Dembele, Arthur, Rabiot.
Anything is possible after Paulinho!

I am a new member hallo everyone, interesting what Tottenham fans are saying about Eriksen. I might as well be honest, im Danish and are mostly here on this forum cause of Eriksen. I was a Tottenham fan as a kid, when ardilles was at the club. Im mostly a fan of the sport itself and of course Eriksen and Tottenham. i absolutely love intelligent football players, players who see things that the others don't, my favourites before Eriksen, who I've followed since he shortly moved To OB the biggest club on my Island when he was 15 i believe he was. Platini, Laudrup, Zidane(my all time favourite) and now Eriksen, many Tottenham fan says it very precise- he makes Tottenham tic. He's the offensive heartbeat of Tottenham, the clue that makes it a flowing unity. A football player has the ball average about 2 min in a game, one of the most important things is running without the ball. And what running he does ,not only is he the player that run the most in the league, he also runs the right way almost every time. He creates so much space for the other players with his runs, that he creates many changes without having the ball. All players do, he just do it more. He thinks so fast and sees things and spaces and sometime seems like he has eyes in the back of his head. And what i think is one of the most beautiful things about his play is that he picks the simple or holistic solution almost every time. And he is a team player. He don't care about goals and stats. He want to take solution on a football pitch, that increases the chance of the team to succeed. nothing else matters to him. He is the most intelligent(not the best) but most clever football player in the world right now. Well thats my opinion. Nice to be here on this interesting forum. Ps he won't lieve Tottenham unless Barcalona(maybe Real, but not even sure about that) will want him bad enough. Or maybe if levy won't pay him enough, not because i think he care to much about money but i think he want them to admit he is as valuable as Kane, in my opinion he is more important than Kane. I have watch most of Tottenhams games since both of them ´became starters and then stars and i most say that, in gennerally, when Eriksen plays well the whole team play well, with or without Kane. When he is not playing or he rarely has a of day. Tottenhams play looses its flow, this year is the first time without him for a longer period. and we have been winning tight because of individual skill but without the spark that Eriksen gives Tottenhams play. So offer him as much as Kane and hope that Barcelona won't show up.

I am a new member hallo everyone, interesting what Tottenham fans are saying about Eriksen. I might as well be honest, im Danish and are mostly here on this forum cause of Eriksen. I was a Tottenham fan as a kid, when ardilles was at the club. Im mostly a fan of the sport itself and of course Eriksen and Tottenham. i absolutely love intelligent football players, players who see things that the others don't, my favourites before Eriksen, who I've followed since he shortly moved To OB the biggest club on my Island when he was 15 i believe he was. Platini, Laudrup, Zidane(my all time favourite) and now Eriksen, many Tottenham fan says it very precise- he makes Tottenham tic. He's the offensive heartbeat of Tottenham, the clue that makes it a flowing unity. A football player has the ball average about 2 min in a game, one of the most important things is running without the ball. And what running he does ,not only is he the player that run the most in the league, he also runs the right way almost every time. He creates so much space for the other players with his runs, that he creates many changes without having the ball. All players do, he just do it more. He thinks so fast and sees things and spaces and sometime seems like he has eyes in the back of his head. And what i think is one of the most beautiful things about his play is that he picks the simple or holistic solution almost every time. And he is a team player. He don't care about goals and stats. He want to take solution on a football pitch, that increases the chance of the team to succeed. nothing else matters to him. He is the most intelligent(not the best) but most clever football player in the world right now. Well thats my opinion. Nice to be here on this interesting forum. Ps he won't lieve Tottenham unless Barcalona(maybe Real, but not even sure about that) will want him bad enough. Or maybe if levy won't pay him enough, not because i think he care to much about money but i think he want them to admit he is as valuable as Kane, in my opinion he is more important than Kane. I have watch most of Tottenhams games since both of them ´became starters and then stars and i most say that, in gennerally, when Eriksen plays well the whole team play well, with or without Kane. When he is not playing or he rarely has a of day. Tottenhams play looses its flow, this year is the first time without him for a longer period. and we have been winning tight because of individual skill but without the spark that Eriksen gives Tottenhams play. So offer him as much as Kane and hope that Barcelona won't show up.
Welcome to the forum.
What are people in Denmark saying (the media etc) right now?
I recently spoke with a Danish couple who claimed to know one of his family members who seemed to echo what you’re saying- that he is settled in London with his family & is more concerned with being successful, than purely about the money. Apparently he has significant investments back home that will see him ok in retirement (!)
I fully understand why he would want parity with the club’s top earners. He has earned it and is every bit as important to the team as anyone else, Kane included.
If we lost him purely because of money I’d be angry and disappointed.
But he seems to be very ambitious. And he could win trophy after trophy with an elite club like barcelona. I think this is what worries Spurs fans more than Levy not putting his hand in his pocket. He has done it with Kane & I think he will do it for Christian.

Any whispers about the contract situation from over there ?

I agree with his importance to the team, especially when we need his intelligence to break down teams. Not so sure about being more important than Harry Kane, or Dele or Toby or Sonny, for that matter. It's a team game and one thing that Poch has garnered is a fantastic team spirit, which has been missing for a while. Yes, he deserves to be paid whatever we pay our top earners, but still need to keep a portion payable depending on performance. I would hate to see him in another shirt, as he is a unique player and we would struggle to replace him.

Hi Boltonspurs
could be that they know him, he is from a town of 15000 people, and the island(my Island, smiles) that his from only half a million, the whole country 5,5 million, so small place. Only the same rumours as you are hearing, and thank u for welcoming me.

Eriksen is at that age where whatever decision he makes next will be probably the biggest of his career.

Essentially if he signs a new contract with us he will likely stay with us until his late twenties which would be too late for a huge move.

The question is with him, does he feel he can achieve everything he wants at Spurs? Does he have a dream to play for another club and the lure of that club (irrespective of our circumstances) would be too much for him to resist?

The reality is, we are a fantastic club to be at with a promising future but in terms of stature we have a way to go before we are mentioned at the same level of a team like Barca outside of just a few one on one contests when we “give them a good game”

The truth is, us losing Eriksen would be the biggest loss for our club at present, I also feel the same way about Toby but unfortunately it looks like he is going, make no mistake, either of these players leaving would have a negative effect of this squad and our league placement.

Eriksen more so than anybody though, he is a player that you simply can’t replace in the current marketplace (imo) unless of course we resigned Modric because he is the only comparable player in terms of quality.

But, whatever will be will be, we really cannot do anything about it and it’s out of our control and I wouldn’t harbour any bad feelings towards him if he left, like any career we all make decisions based on what we feel is best for us at that particular time.

Maybe he just feels the time is right to go? Or maybe he will sign another contract with us because he loves spurs and believes the rewards and feeling of finally winning something here will be something he can not replicate at another club.

Only time will tell.

Well put. I think he'd stay if we were a "sure thing", but there's nothing about the way we are being run that is a "sure thing". We're more like a tight-run operation combined with a series of calculated gambles (that has paid off somewhat against the odds).

I doubt we spend more than 50m on a player before the stadium is payed off, and that gets us nowhere close to an Eriksen replacement, unfortunately. I think we'll need to hope that Levy and Poch sign a couple good prospects with his proceeds that can blossom for us in the next 2-3 years.

I agree with his importance to the team, especially when we need his intelligence to break down teams. Not so sure about being more important than Harry Kane, or Dele or Toby or Sonny, for that matter. It's a team game and one thing that Poch has garnered is a fantastic team spirit, which has been missing for a while. Yes, he deserves to be paid whatever we pay our top earners, but still need to keep a portion payable depending on performance. I would hate to see him in another shirt, as he is a unique player and we would struggle to replace him.
Being better becomes difficult when you’re comparing players across different positions.

I’d definitely say Eriksen and Kane are out there at the top. Both would get in any side in the world, albeit probably a bit more completion in Eriksen’s position.

That we have them both, and the rest you mention not far behind is incredible really. Happy times

Being better becomes difficult when you’re comparing players across different positions.

I’d definitely say Eriksen and Kane are out there at the top. Both would get in any side in the world, albeit probably a bit more completion in Eriksen’s position.

That we have them both, and the rest you mention not far behind is incredible really. Happy times

I think Kane would on sone days. It's his all round game that has improved this season . Eriksen probably a more irregular starter.

Kane just seems more aware and more willing to look for other players and is a beautiful passer of the ball.

I’m in agreement with a comment re wages/salary 70k a week being a ridiculous amount of money blah.blah but we ain’t, Tottenham gonna change things we can’t beat them so iwe can join them and we’ve a cracking player in Eriksen so pay him what the industry says keep him at Tottenham.

If Rabiot looked like Voldemort, played for an average club in the North, would we really care if he joined us or not

Can't see what the fuss is all about tbh except the bouncy curly hair and fancy french name
Sounds like a massive prick to boot. Can't imagine Poch would want him in the dressing room

I’m in agreement with a comment re wages/salary 70k a week being a ridiculous amount of money blah.blah but we ain’t, Tottenham gonna change things we can’t beat them so iwe can join them and we’ve a cracking player in Eriksen so pay him what the industry says keep him at Tottenham.
Considering all the contracts we've handed out over the past few seasons theres very little doubt in my mind that Eriksen is on £70k pw by choice. He's been the best or second best player in the squad pretty much every year he's been here and it'd be a total shock he hasn't been offered extensions before.

Considering all the contracts we've handed out over the past few seasons theres very little doubt in my mind that Eriksen is on £70k pw by choice. He's been the best or second best player in the squad pretty much every year he's been here and it'd be a total shock he hasn't been offered extensions before.
Good point - if he was driven by cash he’d have left ages ago.

Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom