Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mesut Ozil was extremely good and one of world's best players under Mourinho's tenure at Real Madrid though.

I'm pretty sure Eriksen would flourish under Mourinho if he ends up staying, why wouldn't he? Eriksen always runs his socks off and would love to find our runners up front with trough balls, rather than under Pochettino's more static attacking play

So what you're saying is that as long as conditions are just to his liking, he's a top player, otherwise highly dubious....

Very much part of my point. :)

Mesut Ozil was extremely good and one of world's best players under Mourinho's tenure at Real Madrid though.

I'm pretty sure Eriksen would flourish under Mourinho if he ends up staying, why wouldn't he? Eriksen always runs his socks off and would love to find our runners up front with trough balls, rather than under Pochettino's more static attacking play

Speaking of running his socks off. I do wonder if his dip in form is just from dead legs. It’s not like he’s been good for Denmark. Ozil usually had great matches for Germany despite being awful for Woolwich

Chris started almost every match for Poch and usually lead the team in distance covered.

Fans are taking his dip in form too personal. I don’t think he’s playing poorly on purpose. He has no reason to have anything but great memories here. I think the tank is on E and he has nothing left to give

Speaking of running his socks off. I do wonder if his dip in form is just from dead legs. It’s not like he’s been good for Denmark. Ozil usually had great matches for Germany despite being awful for Woolwich

Chris started almost every match for Poch and usually lead the team in distance covered.

Fans are taking his dip in form too personal. I don’t think he’s playing poorly on purpose. He has no reason to have anything but great memories here. I think the tank is on E and he has nothing left to give

His passing and his willingness to challenge has turned to shit; it's not about running (for me at least).

Personally, I've not once accused him of downing tools. Said all along (despite the kind of spin the fanboys are prepared to weave); I think it's mental frailty as much as anything else... Unless his head and contract is settled he turns to shit (we've been here before). This is why his speaking out this summer was so dumb (and not "refreshingly honest" like the apologists argued); he's just heaped further pressure on himself... I said so at the time and THIS is why I think all this talk of the fans being to blame (see a couple of pages back) is bollocks.... The Danish press are just rallying behind their boy....

Last edited:
I wont have this Eriksen bashing. He is going through a rough patch.
If the rough patch was hair then he's been hacking his way through David Luiz's barnet for the past year or two.

But he needs more than 20 mins under Jose to show if he can come back to life. Not much more mind. A couple more games then off to whoever will have him asap. Maybe Yeovil.

His passing and his willingness to challenge has turned to shit; it's not a about running (for me at least).

Personally, I've not once accused him of downing tools. Said all along (despite the kind of spin the fanboys are prepared to weave); I think it's mental frailty as much as anything else... Unless his head and contract is settled he turns to shit (we've been here before). This is why his speaking out this summer was so dumb (and not "refreshingly honest" like the apologists argued); he's just heaped further pressure on himself... I said so at the time and THIS is why I think all this talk of the fans being to blame (see a couple of pages back) is bollocks.... The Danish press are just rallying behind their boy....
Boy do you like putting a spin on things...

No one said the Danish press are blaming his dip in form on the fans, nor are his "fanboys" - But I can see why you would like that to be the case - It helps your little crusade sound much more justified - By that I mean your rants towards posters who do not agree with you, not Eriksen.

At least be honest, and cut the bloody hyperbole and purposefully twisting of words and quotes - That shouldn't be too much to ask, even of you.

The Danish press are not rallying behind him, my Danish is not perfect, but they are very critical of him, which was also mentioned a couple of pages back.

Last edited:
Boy do you like putting a spin on things...

No one said the Danish press are blaming his dip in form on the fans, nor are his "fanboys" - But I can see why you would like that to be the case - It helps your little crusade sound much more justified - By that I mean your rants towards posters who do not agree with you, not Eriksen.

At least be honest, and cut the bloody hyperbole and purposefully twisting of words and quotes - That shouldn't be too much to ask, even of you.

The Danish press are not rallying behind him, my Danish is not perfect, but they are very critical of him, which was also mentioned a couple of pages back.

I don't speak Danish AT ALL; but any written press is not being posted here (why? you'd have to ask those referencing it in the first place)... It's merely been alluded to.

Tottenham supporters are getting called out in Danish media and by pundits...

So is Eriksen, but he has been called out for some time.

But it is sad to see, as Tottenham has always had a high standing in Denmark, and seem to be loosing that image.

Fans are being called hypocrites and malicious.

Elkjaer has said Eriksen put himself in a situation where he has had to perform better with the comments that he has come out with - Called him naive, and that he should be mentally stronger to go out and say what he did, and then not get a transfer. He says he is probably very low on confidence.

All of Danish media agree that he is not good atm, and they also think he is bad for the nt.

If I'm mistaken about what's been implied by his 'defenders' here then I'm happy to be set straight, but don't pretend you - and his other 'defenders' - aren't happy to lay it on thick regarding the outlook of those that have had enough of the whole saga.

Check out this shit (much of which you gave positive rep to)....

Eriksen never said he wanted to leave. He made a mistake and answered a Danish journalists leading question about Real Madrid.

In some way i do agree and underline what i have been saying all along, without Eriksen tottenham is mediocre, still a good team but not top 4 premier league. Kane without Eriksen(has always needed 2-3 100% assists from Eriksen to score one goal,) this season without Eriksen coming back, he will not be in top 10 goal scorers, so has the Lack of Eriksens touch ruined Tottenhams season a big yes. Why because levy is a moron and is destroying this great club. The hatred and negativity(rumours started with vertongen) from the fans has helped too. Being made the escape goat. just plain stupid if u what the most important player of the team to perform. you reap as u sow. Now posh will get a great job in a big club and the first thing he will do is signing Eriksen and this great club will struggle the next couple of years. Wait and see. just plain stupid and a pity for us who love Tottenham.

Just wondering. How much have Eriksen played this season? Yes, he has been poor most games, but there´s 11 players on the pitch. You laugh when Ireland supporters mock him with idiotic songs. When he scores, he´s an idiot for not going completely mental and celebrating like it was the goal that won the match. And the funny thing is, he never goes full retard, when he scores.
You all diss Woolwich supporters for being dicks, Spurs supporters are even worse at the moment. Most of you act like spoiled childs.

He will leave, so you can all take it easy. He won´t be the only one. And now ask yourselves, what big player wants to join a club where both the chairman and the supporters are complete dickheads.

Mwah.

Many of u could learn a lot from the Kosovo supporters. Some of u on this site is a disgrace for the club and your country, and you are one of the reasons for the players to underperform at the moment with your hatred and negativity. I hope the moderators on this site will start moderating. Shame on u, in the old days Tottenham supporters were known to be gentlemen. Hope the the gentlemen supporters on this site start showing their faces and stop this now. Disrespectful and a disgrace for the club and our fanbase. Wake up

Following the English Fan culture for 40 years, and your reputation has gone from very bad to much better, and just seeing how Kosovos supporters welcomed u, i think is a good opportunity for u guys to once again ask yourself what is a supporter and the conduct and behaviour of a supporter. I think the word itself says it all ,support. wow not that difficult. Im not the one bullying any player, i mentioned Kane so u can see your own hypocrisy. Mention Kane having a bad period people are understanding and supporting how it should be for all tottenhams players, but if Eriksen has a bad period, he gets attacked with evil rumours, blame for the end of Tottenham, sacking of Poch and you name it. Thats the hypocricy dear modern Tottenham fans. And Sumo how an intelligent sounding supporter like u can defend this imbeciles that might as well could stand behind Bars going uhu uhu with their monkey family in zoo, is a puzzle to me, where are the moderate Tottenham fans in this tread, u should protect the honour of Tottenham and say stop to this witch hunt.

A whole load of posters responded critically (or harsher still) to these posts... Keep telling yourself it's just me being a cunt if it helps you reconcile your own bias and easily "triggered" nature.

Last edited:
[RATING][/RATING]
I don't speak Danish AT ALL; but any written press is not being posted here (why? you'd have to ask those referencing it in the first place)... It's merely been alluded to.

If I'm mistaken about what's been implied by his 'defenders' here then I'm happy to be set straight, but don't pretend you - and his other 'defenders' - aren't happy to lay it on thick regarding the outlook of those that have had enough of the whole saga.

Check out this shit (much of which you gave positive rep to)....

A whole load of posters responded critically (or harsher still) to these posts... Keep telling yourself it's just me being a cunt if it helps you reconcile your own bias and easily "triggered" nature.
When is the last time I have actually defended him? - What exactly have I personally laid on thick?

Don't use that I have liked or agreed to a post, that is not a reason, I am not that simple. Sometimes I can like a post I do not agree with just for setting a poster straight I find annoying.

Sometimes I will agree on a post if I just find 20% of the post agreeable or the sentiment with which it is written to my liking.

Because usually I just respond to posts I find ridiculous, hyperbole or stupidly biased or that are attacking posters who do not indulge in the same hate..

I don't need to defend Eriksen, anyone with Eyes can see he is shit - I just don't agree with the reasons some give as to why, and the lenght og which he has been shit - Or the digs at some posters, and I certainly do not like being called a fanboy or not a spurs fan by someone who knows nothing of me, or my reasons to post.

There is not really anything to reference, as the digs at spurs supporters were on live tv - Hard to post a reference for that - However there is plenty of written that talks about Eriksen in a negative mannor in Danish.

My problem was simply that you implied I had quoted Danish media saying Eriksens poor form was down to the hate from fans, which is bull.

They know his poor form is on him, and him alone, whatever the reason.

I am not the one who gets easily triggered, but I do feel the need to correct misinformation.

For the future, I have no gripes with discussions involving you, just let's both keep it civil, not just for our own sake, but for the sake of other posters who, understandably, tire of the tone and banter in this part of the subforums.

And to end it, I think if we got to sit down face to face and actually talk, you would see I am not the fanboy you perceive me to be. I have aspergers, and hyperbole and misinformation really just rubs me the wrong way - Sometimes I have posted jut because I found the poster to be guilty of those things, not to defend Eriksen.

Eriksen can piss off to the south pole for all I care, he is not a Spurs man in my mind anymore. But he still deserves credit for what he gave when his head was in it - And I do not agree he was overrated when he had his up years, that is basically what it is down to for me.

Last edited:
[RATING][/RATING]

When is the last time I have actually defended him? - What exactly have I personally laid on thick?

Don't use that I have liked or agreed to a post, that is not a reason, I am not that simple. Sometimes I can like a post I do not agree with just for setting a poster straight I find annoying.

Sometimes I will agree on a post if I just find 20% of the post agreeable or the sentiment with which it is written to my liking.

Because usually I just respond to posts I find ridiculous, hyperbole or stupidly biased or that are attacking posters who do not indulge in the same hate..

I don't need to defend Eriksen, anyone with Eyes can see he is shit - I just don't agree with the reasons some give as to why, and the lenght og which he has been shit - Or the digs at some posters, and I certainly do not like being called a fanboy or not a spurs fan by someone who knows nothing of me, or my reasons to post.

There is not really anything to reference, as the digs at spurs supporters were on live tv - Hard to post a reference for that - However there is plenty of written that talks about Eriksen in a negative mannor in Danish.

My problem was simply that you implied I had quoted Danish media saying Eriksens poor form was down to the hate from fans, which is bull.

They know his poor form is on him, and him alone, whatever the reason.

I am not the one who gets easily triggered, but I do feel the need to correct misinformation.

For the future, I have no gripes with discussions involving you, just let's both keep it civil, not just for our own sake, but for the sake of other posters who, understandably, tire of the tone and banter in this part of the subforums.

And to end it, I think if we got to sit down face to face and actually talk, you would see I am not the fanboy you perceive me to be. I have aspergers, and hyperbole and misinformation really just rubs me the wrong way.

Civil is fine, by me, but don't think for a moment that my initial fanboy barb was specifically aimed at you... You're being let's say "sensitive" here....

That night saw a few people descend on the thread that were happy to sling mud at the club, Kane, the fans and whoever else to defend Eriksen.... Posters such as those I just quoted to you, I saw to be "ridiculous, hyperbole or stupidly biased or that are attacking poster" (words borrowed from yourself); posts that were so much so that I was left with little doubt that they were born of what I'd deem fanboys. Yeh, I was happy enough to assume you were on board with their comments based on your repping, but that's not what you're accusing me of here.

My subsequently replying to you (who came back swinging at me - fine; I'm a big boy) and directly calling you a fanboy was of course, me winding you up and had nothing to do with my deeper viewpoint... I would hope that much was clear.

Last edited:
Civil is fine, by me, but don't think for a moment that my initial fanboy barb was specifically aimed at you... You're being let's say "sensitive" here....

That night saw a few people descend on the thread that were happy to sling mud at the club, Kane, the fans and whoever else to defend Eriksen.... Posters such as those I just quoted to you, I saw to be "ridiculous, hyperbole or stupidly biased or that are attacking poster" (words borrowed from yourself); posts that were so much so that I was left with little doubt that they were born of what I'd deem fanboys. Yeh, I was happy enough to assume you were on board with their comments based on your repping, but that's not you're accusing me of here.

My subseqently replying to you (who came back swinging at me - fine; I'm a big boy) and directly calling you a fanboy was of course, me winding you up and had nothing to do with my deeper viewpoint... I would hope that much was clear.
That's all good.

And we can leave it at that, and agree that we both want what is best for the club in the long run.

Best case scenario is Mou picking a fight with Eriksen. It’s in Mou’s nature he’s going to do it eventually and Eriksen is ideal.
With Eriksen’s abject performances Jose doesn’t have to pick a fight. If he’s no longer a part of future match day squads, he can’t really argue

Would it be nice if Jose could turn his form around and he starts playing great football? Sure it would, but not sure I even want to give him the chance. Everything he has shown this year to me says he wants nothing to do with Spurs. He’s checked out, he did it to himself, could have handled the whole situation much more professionally IMO. Hard to win all that back. I’d much rather move forward with guys like Dele and Ndombele who will have a future at the club. But for all I know he starts Tuesday.

With Eriksen’s abject performances Jose doesn’t have to pick a fight. If he’s no longer a part of future match day squads, he can’t really argue
All the better reason to make an example of him. I have a decent concern he may get into it with Lo Celso or Ndombele, even if that’s completely irrational.

Following the English Fan culture for 40 years, and your reputation has gone from very bad to much better, and just seeing how Kosovos supporters welcomed u, i think is a good opportunity for u guys to once again ask yourself what is a supporter and the conduct and behaviour of a supporter. I think the word itself says it all ,support. wow not that difficult. Im not the one bullying any player, i mentioned Kane so u can see your own hypocrisy. Mention Kane having a bad period people are understanding and supporting how it should be for all tottenhams players, but if Eriksen has a bad period, he gets attacked with evil rumours, blame for the end of Tottenham, sacking of Poch and you name it. Thats the hypocricy dear modern Tottenham fans. And Sumo how an intelligent sounding supporter like u can defend this imbeciles that might as well could stand behind Bars going uhu uhu with their monkey family in zoo, is a puzzle to me, where are the moderate Tottenham fans in this tread, u should protect the honour of Tottenham and say stop to this witch hunt.
Kane has scored or assisted 26 goals in his last 24 games in all competitions.....and that’s him playing shit by the way!!

Would it be nice if Jose could turn his form around and he starts playing great football?
It's not a question of having his form turned around. He simply switched off when things didn't go his way transfer wise and is biding his time until the season finishes. If he can do that once then he can do it again. Not worth the risk and I'm sure Jose has him sussed.

In a way it’s quite handy for Mourinho. He has a habit of making an example of a high profile player, and Eriksen ticks all the boxes. Barring a new contract I suspect he’ll be given one or two further sub appearances before being dropped entirely.

It’s a difficult one really. Would we be happy if he gave his all whilst knowing he’d be off next summer? Or would we prefer to work with players committed to the cause? We all knew Modric was off in his last season, but he played brilliantly for us (and yeah, we got paid when he left).

I guess it’s irrelevant because Eriksen clearly can’t be bothered, but I think it’s an interesting question about utilising a talented (and hypothetically willing) but wantaway asset, or concentrating on building a team more likely to still be with us in the following season.

No

He can’t be bothered

He’s a professional sportsman

He should be giving his all for the club which pay his salary
For the fans who contribute to that salary
For his teammates who have helped make him what he is

And for his own personal pride

If not fuck off and shut the door after you’ve left

Back
Top Bottom