Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And a team competing at the highest level with prestigious history.
Don't understand how people think Inter Milan is a step down.

Because for most of the time we've been in the CL they have been in the no-hoper league. And when we met them in the CL, we knocked them out. (at group stage)

They absolutely have a rich history and are bigger in their league than we are in ours.
We've just been better than them for a good few years now.

I actually can't deal with how fucking stupid you are. Ignore list time.
Lol, you bark and bark at people who have things to say that you do not agree with, and then you cry when they quote you back, and then put them on ignore..

Fucking coward.

I understand how you are beinh quoted, why waste energy on one so fixated on hating Eriksen that he is blinded by it, just as the fanboys are blinded - You are no better.

Hehehe, I just couldn't help myself after so many bashing posts, started to feel like a shitty breakup. Just ended up being your post I replied to. Anyway I know he's an innocent angel, I just feel like he's been taking the shit for everything that's gone wrong this past season and a half and that made me sad.

You better be serving our bacon, we export pretty much all of it to you guys! For now, maybe Boris is gonna put and end to that... Hang on, maybe he already did and that's the real reason for all this shit?

It was a shitty breakup.
FFS he was half-assing around the clock. Did not give a shit. Yea, there were instances where he made one or two tackles. But there were countless times when he never spurted for the ball, did not make himself available, escaped every situation where there might be physical contact etc... He was slagging off and there is no excuse to that.

If you want to compare it to breakup, it was like 9 last months of relationship when one out of the two wants to break up, but don't have the courage to come out and say it. Instead for whole of this time he/she just flirts and fu*ks with everyone he/she wants, neglects the partner, does not give partner attention and when is asked about it just shrugs his/her shoulders. So yea, it was shitty breakup.

If he would have been this "role model professional" as someone laughably claim, he would have played for the badge until the end, and then fans here would not have this s*it about him in our memory. You know, he could have come out and act like a man and come out after CL final defeat - say you want a new challenge. Give yourself and the club time to find best option to go on. Don't just do your bare minimum without any interest. Absolutely no-one won anything of this time.

Of course, he has quality and we will miss better-days-Eriksen a lot. On his day he was so useful option to have. And he has given us some really positive moments. No one will argue with that. So thanks for the goals, assists and memories, and good luck to him, but still feeling he should have left right away.

To be fair, he absolutely produced in FA and League Cup semi finals.

Shame our form had dipped tremendously and Poch had lost it by the time we actually reached a CL final.

Let's not forget his huge goal against Inter Milan that helped get us through the groups in the first place last season.

By that logic you could say well we wouldn't have qualified from the group if Lucas didn't score against Barcelona, Kane didn't score twice against PSV at home, Kane and Lucas vs PSV away from home then we wouldn't have qualified for the CL final without Hugo's saves away vs Dortmund, Son's goals vs City, Lucas' hat-trick vs Ajax etc etc....

Eriksen scored one meaningful goal in the group stage. Where was he in the semi final or final when it really mattered? Where was he in the CC final?

Well thanks for the memories, helped us break into top 4 and has contributed to our progress as a club, can't deny it. Can't say I am impressed by his so-called professionalism, but at least he's fucking gone. One less rotten apple to get rid of. Hopefully Rose is next.
Good luck in Italy I guess.

OK so to keep the discussion on track, we've been talking about how long CE has been out of form or not giving 100%. I think you suggested it was "moronic" to suggest that CE has been anything other than "very good" at any point before the beginning of this season. I think I've said that it wasn't moronic to suggest that CE hadn't been playing his best for longer than that.

I think it's fair to disregard this season as youve already conceded that he hasn't been playing well, so let's concentrate on 1st Jan 2019 to the end of last season. What stats are you using to back up the claim that CE has been "very good" during this period?

And let's clear up your definition of "very good". Is this compared with his own standards at Spurs, other premier league players or the top European leagues?
it is moronic to state that he hast been under par for 12 or even 18 months - this fall has been difficult due to the whole teams dip in form and the transfer-speculations and the surgery during the summer break. his stats for the whole season 18-19 are very similar to his stats for season 17-18, 16-17 and 15-16 - so for you to be right he must have been exceptional in the fall 18 and useless in the spring 19 (you do remember the spring where THFC qualified for the champions league final - best result in decades for THFC and CE had some very impressive performances).

Because for most of the time we've been in the CL they have been in the no-hoper league. And when we met them in the CL, we knocked them out. (at group stage)

They absolutely have a rich history and are bigger in their league than we are in ours.
We've just been better than them for a good few years now.
they seem to be catching back up, from their on field results and increased revenue.

One of the best players I have ever seen in a Tottenham shirt, it's a shame that a lot of his time at the club will be remembered for the last few months. Hope he realises that he actually is loved by most Spurs fans despite the receptions he has suffered in recent months (I can certainly understand why he has got boo'd at times considering his clear lack of effort). But in reality it is more the clubs fault than his, what a player - hope he enjoys Milan and earns a bit more money there

One of the best player ever to wear the Spurs shirt and instrumental in our rise to champions league team. Will be a big miss and the struggle for ECL football will be a challenge until we find a worthy replacement who can provide service to our strikers.

But some twats choose to remember only the corners.

Let me put it this way:

It's like a girl you're really in to starts swerving you and giving half-hearted kisses. She's trying to let you down gently because she's into this guy at work who's not *better* just different and new and maybe you weren't achieving all the things you set out to do with your life, so in her mind she's gone and you know it and it hurts. She thinks a death by a thousand cuts, where there is no clear death-stroke is better than shooting you in the face.

But... the end is taking too long coming and it's knocked your confidence until you're almost used to feeling like this, and everyone around you is bummed out and giving you pity stares and trying to suggest things you might do with your life to stop being a moany cunt. But you really, really thought you had that figured out, if only she'll stick around and build you up instead of making it so fucking obvious that she's going to dump you for some twat in HR.

I mean, the those tongue-twirling blow-jobs have become, at best, limp hand-jobs. It's tough when you've had a hard week and are really looking forward to some quality time. You've bought the flowers, eaten dinner, she's even had a foot massage. You're so sure there's nothing wrong with your game, but there it is. It's not happening, and you can see it like a rain cloud... Everything and nothing is gonna suck.

If it hadn't been so good, it wouldn't be so shit right now. You feel like if she just showed you a glimpse of the girl you knew, at least it would show she still cared, but it's not happening. Nothing is coming off. She's honouring her commitment so she can live with herself, but your feelings... well, your feelings aren't her problem.

You'll never not care, but the apathy and lack of passion will taint your memories for a long, long time.

Note: No, the last pity fuck does not make up for it.

it is moronic to state that he hast been under par for 12 or even 18 months - this fall has been difficult due to the whole teams dip in form and the transfer-speculations and the surgery during the summer break. his stats for the whole season 18-19 are very similar to his stats for season 17-18, 16-17 and 15-16 - so for you to be right he must have been exceptional in the fall 18 and useless in the spring 19 (you do remember the spring where THFC qualified for the champions league final - best result in decades for THFC and CE had some very impressive performances).
Give it a rest!

I've no interest in what the stats say (anyone can make them mean anything). I prefer to use the evidence of my eyes.

Since that Inter goal at Wembley in Dec 18, he's been shockingly bad in comparison with the highs of the previous three years.

Good luck to him in Italy. Now show the exit door to Rose, Wanyama and Vertonghen(if he won't sign), and possibly Lamela, Dier, Foyth etc etc.

GettyImages-181179521.jpg

He has done some unreal things for ua on the pitch, and to be fair he hasn't run his mouth off to the press.

Its just his performances have been so disappointing for almost 2 years now that it will be my lasting memory of him, jumping out of tackles and being generally guff.

Thank fuck he's gone, for everyone involved, but i wont boo him when we play against him, i will however and forever boo Modric and Bale, fuck them.

its not a step up, mate. Side step at best.

I'm not saying it's a step up. I'm only saying it's not a step down. He isn't going to China or some mid-table team somewhere. It's hard to deny Inter is a really big club in world football, and I even think the chances of winning a trophy are perhaps slightly bigger there. Additionally, you could even argue the guarantee of CL football is bigger at Inter, because obviously it's easier to get a top 4 finish in Italy than in England.

Great servant for the club.

Yes he bottled tackles and any 50/50 (I think actually he bottled it even when it was 70/30 in his favour 😂) , except for in a handful of games, and that became even worse the last 12 months when he wanted to leave. And the corners were beyond shit.

He seemed to me quite a quiet bloke off the pitch, and maybe he liked the club rather than truly taking it into his heart the way some players (probably less than 5%) do. But he never refused to play and he didn't want to go to another Premier league club. And he was fantastic (and yet still criminally underrated) for us for many years. It's not a step up for him but just a change, more money and a league in which he could excel, with it being less physical, slower and more time on the ball. A class player and we should look on without bitterness.

All IMO of course.

Back
Top Bottom