Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there a realistic amount of money they can make from legit sources in order to be self sufficient though? I'm not sure there is.

No; I doubt self-sufficiency....

But like I said.... Prime motivator for them is glory, prestige and the underlying sports washing..... That the process beginning to partially pays for itself after their initial outlay is an obvious bonus though.

Also; the more they earn the more they are legitimately allowed to spend.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

I guess it is personal opinion anyway, but for me any silverware City pick up is totally hollow, and has basically just been bought rather than "achieved".

Liverpool actually achieved their Title win "properly", though, even if you took that out of the equation I would have preferred a City win as I absolutely detests Liverpool regardless of supporting Spurs.
I know LFC achieved it because they like us and 95% of all other football clubs they compete within the parameters the laws allow them to (and where they've been caught skirting those laws they were punished as per dodgy deals in academy players).

If City's trophies genuinely mean nothing why give a fuck about them taking Walker, going after Kane? They are a stain on the game, how they operate affects us more than LFC winning a trophy over them, that's why it matters when they win one, it's justifying their operations but apparently, fans would rather this than LFC win a trophy!!

I know LFC achieved it because they like us and 95% of all other football clubs they compete within the parameters the laws allow them to (and where they've been caught skirting those laws they were punished as per dodgy deals in academy players).

If City's trophies genuinely mean nothing why give a fuck about them taking Walker, going after Kane? They are a stain on the game, how they operate affects us more than LFC winning a trophy over them, that's why it matters when they win one, it's justifying their operations but apparently, fans would rather this than LFC win a trophy!!
Personally, I give a fuck because those moves actively weaken us, and diminish our chances of success. I wouldn't give a fuck if they were poaching Salah and Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool though, as whilst on the face of it it would strengthen City, I think they're already at the point where the only thing that costs them matches/titles is their own apathy/arrogance/complacency.

I guess you could say that I have given up hope of Man City being stopped and reached the acceptance stage.

Personally, I give a fuck because those moves actively weaken us, and diminish our chances of success. I wouldn't give a fuck if they were poaching Salah and Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool though, as whilst on the face of it it would strengthen City, I think they're already at the point where the only thing that costs them matches/titles is their own apathy/arrogance/complacency.

Yeh, but our chance of trophies depends on Man City not being completely out of reach; not the schadenfreude of seeing Liverpool miss out.

They've already got a lease-hold on the LC and that's the one that logic says we're most likely to win.

If they nab Kane & Grealish this summer; all bets are off for a few years.

I guess you could say that I have given up hope of Man City being stopped and reached the acceptance stage.

Fair do's if that's the case. Entirely plausible.

If the PL can fight them and fine them for breaking FFP regs etc then they will be stripped of their domestic titles, but seeing as it's taken THREE years just to agree who can and can't attend in court, it will be a decade before we are any closer. And that's exactly the intention, it's how they won their case in the court of arbitration, not because they weren't guilty but because it had gone past a certain date!!

Another note of caution for them is when Pep leaves, the squad of course is still immense and any bozo could come in and still have them competing at the pointy end just as Pellegrini did. But fans from all football clubs must unite against what they are doing (or what they have done) just as fans did against the clubs that proposed ESL.

Says much the lengths City’s owners have gone to in trying to keep it out the media and in the courts the last two years. I sent the article link to a City supporting pal of mine who just replied with ‘Yawn’ and ‘Set Kane free’ but not for more than £70M.

They think the whole football worlds against them and they are doing nothing wrong. Deluded. Nothing would please me more in football to see them get proper bans/points deductions etc. as fines are meaningless.
To be fair, I think that's mainly their fans. I don't think for a moment that those running the club aren't aware of what a shonky, artificial entity they are.

To be fair, I think that's mainly their fans. I don't think for a moment that those running the club aren't aware of what a shonky, artificial entity they are.

They might be aware of their dodgy behaviour, but you can bet that they think they're blessing the game by spending all their money and 'gifting' us all with beautiful football.....

What is it they say? ....Know the price of everything, but know the value of nothing.

Last edited:
Moaning and bitching about other more succesful teams is the new fans well fuck that. How about get behind spurs. get focus on how we progress. don't ever get between me and the half time

Money and all. How can you make a thread laughing at a team wiping the floor with our Tottenham?
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Not just wiping the floor with us, TBF. They have totally distorted the PL by ploughing in illegal amounts of money into the club, and there are few clubs who can say no when they have a player in their sights - Mahrez, Sterling come immediately to mind. I do think that heading threads 'laugh at.....' is asking for trouble though. We haven't recently been in a position to laugh at many teams.

Not just wiping the floor with us, TBF. They have totally distorted the PL by ploughing in illegal amounts of money into the club, and there are few clubs who can say no when they have a player in their sights - Mahrez, Sterling come immediately to mind. I do think that heading threads 'laugh at.....' is asking for trouble though. We haven't recently been in a position to laugh at many teams.
Perhaps you should stay away from this one. It is just embarrasing.

Money and all. How can you make a thread laughing at a team wiping the floor with our Tottenham?
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Moaning and bitching about other more succesful teams is the new fans well fuck that. How about get behind spurs. get focus on how we progress. don't ever get between me and the half time

Perhaps you should stay away from this one. It is just embarrasing.

We have been the laughing stock. If you for one second think we are the big one have a word. I hope we can be this season.

Confused Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Back
Top Bottom