Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Darren Eales runs the club now doesn’t he? Used to be at us and is meant to be a sensible chap so I’d believe that. His pay masters might not be happy though.
I think that they are perfectly happy to sit back and watch this play out. If City gets blasted by this and the UAE withdraw from the UK the Saudis will probably swoop in to fill the void. And then just build a competitive football team in Newcastle without going overboard.

Sacrifice?

They could win the league still by 10 points with that deduction.

If it's anything less then relegation from the league and trophies and titles stripped the PL has failed
It’s a compromise- both parties save face

The PL don’t want to bomb them to the conference as it’s hammers their brand

I think that they are perfectly happy to sit back and watch this play out. If City gets blasted by this and the UAE withdraw from the UK the Saudis will probably swoop in to fill the void. And then just build a competitive football team in Newcastle without going overboard.

A sensible approach. Why should they waste time, money and bad PR by buddying up with city. Let them (hopefully) take themselves down.

A sensible approach. Why should they waste time, money and bad PR by buddying up with city. Let them (hopefully) take themselves down.
Yup. For them it's a win/win. Either City get destroyed and they can be one of the clubs to fill the void as long as they keep proving that their sponsorship deals are fair value and not inflated.

Or City destroys the financial rulebook and they just start to really flex their muscles.

Darren Eales runs the club now doesn’t he? Used to be at us and is meant to be a sensible chap so I’d believe that. His pay masters might not be happy though.
They have always had a neutral stance. I guess SA don't want the bad press and the appearance of state intervention.
Funnily enough I was talking with a Chelsea fan today about this. It has been reported that one club is providing a witness statement in support of Citeh. I said due to Newcastle's previous neutrality, I bet it is Chelsea. The Chelsea fan agreed to be fair, especially after the hilarious sale of a hotel by Chelsea to another company owned by Boehly for £80m, with Chelsea keeping all the revenues.

Edit: I should add Boehly wanted one of his other companies to sponsor Chelsea.

City win there is no brand

"Most competitive league in the world" becomes Bundesliga on steroids or if we are lucky La Liga with shit weather
The most competitive league label already rings hollow. Especially compared to Serie A who has had different champions for the last 4-5 seasons.

We are in a bigger league. But the competitiveness is really just for who finishes second behind City.

I’m not paranoid, honest.

But when Everton got points deducted they tried to say it was our fault because we didn’t give them enough for Richarlison. Forest fell foul of FFP because Spurs didn’t come in early enough with a big enough bid forJohnson apparently, or some other made up bollocks.

So, when this City shit-show begins what can we expect to come our way? Probably that they went on a mad spending spree in 2019 after we knocked them out of the CL. And if we hadn’t have beaten them in the way we did, they wouldn’t have been so upset and this financial mess would never have happened. Or, if they never had to pay us so much for Kyle Walker, they wouldn’t have had to resort to the fanciful accounting that followed.

They’ll get a fine and we’ll get relegated.

I don't know how that'd be possible. Part of a settlement would mean an admission of guilt from City.
And there's no possibility that an admission of these charges can allow essentially the same punishment as Everton.

The very fact they've gone down this road they've gone down, would surely indicate that they know that there is no bargaining there way out of it. It's either bring down the whole organisation of the Premier League or they're screwed.
I disagree - settlement IMO that glosses over it is with a weasel worded statement, but still fines and punishes City almost certain

Got to say that's a rather brillant article
The penultimate paragraph's philosophical lamentation hits the nail right on the head. There's been a chronic erosion of standards in evidence for some years now with PL greed at the root of the cause. The quality of football on display has risen but the actual competition itself has slid in the opposite direction. Barney's right; what did they expect?

When I see plastic cunts like City lifting trophies, I basically just see a compost of filth hoisting silverware into the air. Pep is like a gold tooth in a rotting gangsta's mouth. Doesn't matter how brilliant he shines, he's in a soiled environment.

They'll get away with this somehow. Bullying, medieval cunts. The only pleasure I can extract from any of this is when we fuck them up on the pitch.

His comment about fan manipulation is a potent one. As regards Spurs, we are always this bridesmaid, journeyman team and the media and PL love helping to paint this cartoon week in, week out. Never destined to win. The almost team. We've been given a role to play and have acted it out, pitch perfect, for many years. In madder moments, I do wonder if we the fans are being trolled by some sort of football Spectre who meet and decide all this shit at the start of each season. Or living in a 20th generation Amiga 2600 virtual universe with some wanker hitting the red button of doom and playing us all for laughs.

Whilst I hate these cheating cunts, basically all they are currently doing wrong is having sponsorship deals via their owners affiliates that aren’t fair market value. Probably 150M on their top line is fake and via Abu Dhabi

When I look at Chelsea under Putins crony, I have no doubt the extent of their cheating goes far beyond that. That should be a criminal case and also one for HMRC to get stuck into - the warmonger bastard pumped in 25% of their revenue from stolen oil money year after year and beneath that, clearly all sorts of underhand business went on. Get into em, fuck em up

I haven't read the latest arguments but is the jist of it that City are claiming the league is rigged because 'Big' clubs with huge global commercial revenues (i.e. liverpool, City) have an unfair advantage over those clubs without such revenues.

Sounds a valid argument to me. Why can united spend freely and pay players 400k a week, but everyone else isn't allowed unless they can sell 1 million Ronaldo shirts in China.

However, that doesn't mean you are allowed to break the rules as they are written.

I haven't read the latest arguments but is the jist of it that City are claiming the league is rigged because 'Big' clubs with huge global commercial revenues (i.e. liverpool, City) have an unfair advantage over those clubs without such revenues.

Sounds a valid argument to me. Why can united spend freely and pay players 400k a week, but everyone else isn't allowed unless they can sell 1 million Ronaldo shirts in China.

However, that doesn't mean you are allowed to break the rules as they are written.

People will take the piss or be outraged at the clubs aligning with city...toon, villa and chelsea. But alongside city these are the ambitious clubs in the league.

The other 14 are basically saying we dont like spending money and want you to be more like us.

The premier league are killing their own product. Fans want big names and big transfers. Clipping the most ambitious teams will see the league lose players.

Fans want big names and big transfers. Clipping the most ambitious teams will see the league lose players.

Do they really though? "Big names" have come to the prem and been commercial flops. Jao Felix, Casimero, Varane, James, Cavani, Pogba/ Even Ronaldo and Bale's returns were underwhelming.

Who has been exciting over the years - Dele, Kane, Fodon, Palmer, Vardy, Sako.

I suspect fans would much rather see home grown stars than the latest brazillian wonder kid.

Allow owners to inject money into the clubs to improve their own academies - not spend it on foreign clubs players.

Back
Top Bottom