Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope they get a proper sanction. They were a joke of a football club before the financial doping began.
The only positive is that no football fan outside of the bitter blues fan base cares a jot of what they have won, it jars their owner and their manager that they are getting no recognition and that’s great. Next thing will be for their fans to be humbled as well.

They know they are guilty and they know there going down

Desperate attempt to save themselves

FA have to stand up to this and fight it. The league is dead is they don't you basically have free reign to launder money through the clubs. I mean this when I say it these rules are overturned I and many others will stop watching PL football. What the point when 2 clubs can just outspend anyone.

Will also further fuck up the pyramid and I'd wager a few clubs would look at breaking away from the league
Spot on mate , I think you speak for many with your views on this .

This whole farce has angered me more than I thought it would!

It seems their arrogance knows no bounds!

I REALLY hope they get the book thrown at them and severe sanctions as a result.

I don't really understand all of what's going on, my mind is well and truly boggled.
Man C have got enough money to tie this up in litigation for years. PL have only their selves to blame, not doing proper due diligence on the buyers of clubs.
Best league in the world? Most corrupt.

We all know there guilty. What should happen is the case against the EPL be thrown out. The 115 charges they should be found guilty. Citeh should be relegated to the Lancashire Tesco league and all trophies they won be null and void. That should open up a plethora of court cases from other clubs - Abu Dhabi like lawyers that should keep them busy for years. If they dont like the way we do things here fuck off and set up a super league with Chelsea, Newcastle and whichever tyrannical state owned clubs that wanna join.

standing ovation oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

This whole farce has angered me more than I thought it would!

It seems their arrogance knows no bounds!

I REALLY hope they get the book thrown at them and severe sanctions as a result.
Their actions have upset me quite a bit. They are basically saying "there is no point in having rules, we can do what we want".

I wish they would fuck up, if they don't like rules they voted for, start your own league with your shite fans. Always the worst fans at WHL. United are a class above in terms of support.

The PL is just as guilty as City. They allowed them to get away with this for far too long. The PL was happy to stand idle while City brought in huge names and top talent around the world. It was good for them. But in most cases if you give someone an inch, they'll take a mile.

Now the PL has to try to put Pandora back in the box. For that reason there's a good chance City will get away with this.
Think it will be a settlement this summer. Expect City to get a massive fine, points (say 10) and that’s it

Think it will be a settlement this summer. Expect City to get a massive fine, points (say 10) and that’s it
That level of punishment will act as no deterrent to future breaches.

They’ll just sacrifice one season to prosper from ‘investment’ for future seasons.

I don't know how that'd be possible. Part of a settlement would mean an admission of guilt from City.
And there's no possibility that an admission of these charges can allow essentially the same punishment as Everton.

The very fact they've gone down this road they've gone down, would surely indicate that they know that there is no bargaining there way out of it. It's either bring down the whole organisation of the Premier League or they're screwed.

That level of punishment will act as no deterrent to future breaches.

They’ll just sacrifice one season to prosper from ‘investment’ for future seasons.
Sacrifice?

They could win the league still by 10 points with that deduction.

If it's anything less then relegation from the league and trophies and titles stripped the PL has failed

Understandable. Newcastle seem to more or less play by the rules (so far). So they are probably hoping to stay incognito in all of this.

Darren Eales runs the club now doesn’t he? Used to be at us and is meant to be a sensible chap so I’d believe that. His pay masters might not be happy though.

Back
Top Bottom