Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poppies at football matches has tipped over to "Ludicrous":

This is like something from a sketch show.

By the way I have no issue with poppies and whatnot, I just think the arms race to see who can have the biggest one on their shirts or the most minutes silences really distracts from what the point of it is. Also when my grandad - who actually fought in WW2 - was alive we somehow got by without any poppies at football at all. It's for some reason only in the past few years that this has all blown up.

Also the rise of the applause for fan(s) that have recently died. It's at every fucking game now, little Jonny Skidmark popped his clogs and because he was a Spurs fan we've got to turn a football match into a fucking funeral, fuck off! Sorry, unless they are extremely well know or have done something for the club I ain't clapping you, I don't know you.

I disagree in the extreme. Mao absolutely deserves to be mentioned in the same company as Hitler; his motivations were very little different from either Hitler or Stalin, and he killed more than both of them put together. 40 to 70 million dead, the worst death toll in history. Mao was a brutal, repressive dictator that created enormous unnecessary human suffering and loss, and nobody should conveniently ignore that history.

When people try to rehabilitate Mao's image they mark themselves as either ignorant of history, or as extremist idealogues.

I think it's fair to make a case about the different needs and ends of communism and Nazism, one is by far more intrinsically destructive than the other. No question Mao was a genocidal maniac though.

I think it's fair to make a case about the different needs and ends of communism and Nazism, one is by far more intrinsically destructive than the other. No question Mao was a genocidal maniac though.
Not sure Mao was a genocidal maniac. If I were to attempt to pithily contrast them, Id say mao was more a sociopath whereas Hitler was a psychopath. Mao acted without conscience but achieved independence, progress and strength for his country. Hitler sought to murder and enslave the majority of mankind, and brought death and destruction to his nation and continent.

Not sure Mao was a genocidal maniac. If I were to attempt to pithily contrast them, Id say mao was more a sociopath whereas Hitler was a psychopath. Mao acted without conscience but achieved independence, progress and strength for his country. Hitler sought to murder and enslave the majority of mankind, and brought death and destruction to his nation and continent.

Mao won ... Hitler lost ... apart from that important difference killing anyone who opposed them was the same modus operandi employed by both of them ... never forget history is always written by the winners ....

Almost forgot .... Man City :sonlol::vert::levylol:

Mao won ... Hitler lost ... apart from that important difference killing anyone who opposed them was the same modus operandi employed by both of them ... never forget history is always written by the winners ....
But Mao killed for power, Hitler killed because he was ideologically driven to exterminate and enslave people. Neither ideal squash partners, but one of them slightly madder

Back on topic. Man City are undoubtedly a good team but they've been made to look better than they are by the absolute dross in the PL. It's a weak league this year, multiple tiers, and some of the sides in it are shocking.

Back on topic. Man City are undoubtedly a good team but they've been made to look better than they are by the absolute dross in the PL. It's a weak league this year, multiple tiers, and some of the sides in it are shocking.

If they are only just ‘good’, and we are 20 points behind them.....

But Mao killed for power, Hitler killed because he was ideologically driven to exterminate and enslave people. Neither ideal squash partners, but one of them slightly madder
Hitlers killings where more of a planned genocide whereas Mao's death rate mostly comes from his incompetent agricultural policy.
#Maofacts

If they are only just ‘good’, and we are 20 points behind them.....

We're a good young team with a lot of talented players, and some flaws. We can be a bit naive and don't always make our superiority count. Yet we could still finish second - in all honesty we might not do that in a very strong year.

Hitlers killings where more of a planned genocide whereas Mao's death rate mostly comes from his incompetent agricultural policy.
#Maofacts
Also a planned hatred and killing of the middle class(propaganda term back then), scholars, intellectuals.... oh, and anyone who owned land.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom