Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said before the season I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle.

Mane is a massive loss and even though I like Diaz, he's not a world class player the way Mane has been for them.

Also pointed out their midfield could be a real issue if they pick up a key injury or two, and that looks to be the case. Milner was absolutely horrible for them tonight.

I think they'll rebound but if they don't spend some serious cash in the next week, it could be a challenging season.

EDIT: One thing I did not anticipate is the decline in Andy Robertson and Van Dijk. I really rate Robertson but he doesn't seem to whip in balls the same way he used to and seems to get beat a lot more than he has. VVD looks like he's playing with the intensity of a player who wants to be healthy for the World Cup.

Milner was well within his rights to bawl VVD out. He just stood there … let Sancho do his little party piece and watched him slot it home

Is he too cool for school to do the ‘balls on the line’ stuff

Milner was well within his rights to bawl VVD out. He just stood there … let Sancho do his little party piece and watched him slot it home

Not sure if this is in reference to my post or not but I was talking about Milner’s performance on the pitch. He was awful.

Not sure if this is in reference to my post or not but I was talking about Milner’s performance on the pitch. He was awful.
No Buddy…. I’d have quoted you if I was referring to your post

I didn’t follow too much on milners performance although klipperty probably agreed with you considering he hooked him

Although I rate vvd highly (like most ) I think he’s well inside his comfort zone at the moment. Been a few moments where he’s just ambled towards a player before they’ve scored and tonight was a prime example

(So no, It was about vvd not jm)

Might be early to be saying this but the same as what looks to be happening at the Dippers happened at BVB.

Klopp teams play with such intensity that if the players are not changed out or rotated they just break down.

He left BVB bottom half of the table pretty close to the relegation zone.

If Levy had invested the same as the Liverpool owners had this season they would be driven out the country also. Their bench is shocking

Might be them who miss out of the top 4 cause I know it's only 3 games but they look poor
Very different. At Dortmund, he kept losing key players, even directly to Bayern like Lewandowski for free. So Dortmund eventually slipped from the top level.

They currently have an injury crisis. Nunez suspension adds to the misery. Fabinho was on the bench, and only available for half an hour or so this game. Konate, Jota, Thiago. That's some starting material. Naby Keita, Matip is a decent bench option. Missing 6 players like that most team would look poor.

They maybe in a rebuild soon though. It won't be easy to pick up talent under radar now they're considered a top team. Expecting clubs squeezing every penny out of them like Nunez signing, preventing them from getting many signings done in one window.

With Man U, Chelsea also have a poor start, it's too soon to draw conclusion about the 4th spot or even top 4. Gooners lost their first 3 games yet they came very close some point to Chavski at third place. Would love Dippers to miss out top 4 and fall apart though.

They ain’t the same without Mane yes they are missing about 2-3 first 11 players such as Tiago and Matip but Mane caused the terror and drove the press. He is some player to replace.

Very different. At Dortmund, he kept losing key players, even directly to Bayern like Lewandowski for free. So Dortmund eventually slipped from the top level.

They currently have an injury crisis. Nunez suspension adds to the misery. Fabinho was on the bench, and only available for half an hour or so this game. Konate, Jota, Thiago. That's some starting material. Naby Keita, Matip is a decent bench option. Missing 6 players like that most team would look poor.

They maybe in a rebuild soon though. It won't be easy to pick up talent under radar now they're considered a top team. Expecting clubs squeezing every penny out of them like Nunez signing, preventing them from getting many signings done in one window.

With Man U, Chelsea also have a poor start, it's too soon to draw conclusion about the 4th spot or even top 4. Gooners lost their first 3 games yet they came very close some point to Chavski at third place. Would love Dippers to miss out top 4 and fall apart though.

Missing players or not, they look well off it as a team, they've lost their intensity and they stopped pressing and sprinting, it very much looks like his final Dortmund season and the latter Poch days with us.

This could be a massive co-incidence by the way and the team might just be going through the motions as they are missing some key players but they've been out-sprinted twice this season by Man Utd and Fulham, that rarely ever happens, at least when they lose they normally put the work in but they've stopped working hard.

Reckon Mane is a massive massive miss as well, he's the one who set the tone in terms of pressing and I think it was infectious on the rest of the team.

His positioning was really strange for Zaha's goal last week too. Just sort of showed him the bottom corner instead of closing it off.

They ain’t the same without Mane yes they are missing about 2-3 first 11 players such as Tiago and Matip but Mane caused the terror and drove the press. He is some player to replace.
There was a bloke on here kept insisting things like Haaland was nailed on to make City better...that Koulibaly and Cucurella not only replaced Rudiger but they were probably a better defence now. Another peach was Nunez totally mitigated the loss of Mane. I'm trying to be a nicer politer person but it was wildly speculative and all about the shock of the new. Whatever happens and all the players I've named may have cracking seasons..but no way are Liverpool and Chelsea better. I'm just hoping City are stupid enough to sell Silva so I can include them.

Last edited:
His positioning was really strange for Zaha's goal last week too. Just sort of showed him the bottom corner instead of closing it off.
I think it was someone on reddit who said that he plays like a player that doesn't want to get injured. With the world cup coming up mid season that makes sense. He's probably worried about over commiting and missing the world cup.

Back
Top Bottom