Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes sense though tbh.

Alonso has never managed a full league season (before this one), following Klopp would be brave but could also be a disaster.

Going to Bayern pretty much guarantees further success. But allows him to further develop with Champions League football etc.
And him and family live in Germany. Munich or Liverpool ... which city would you choose?

No.... It's int. managers being given the chance to develop a team in between competitive games.

Fair enough if one hates international football altogether, but otherwise they're a necessary 'evil'.... Otherwise int. managers would get fuck all time with their team.
Full on split between club and international seasons, once you get to the international season they can play these friendlies like a pre-season, then qualifiers on summer, tournament the next summer, repeat.

Also would mean you get one England squad for a sustained period, allowing them to gel and maybe actually play some decent football, fewer player withdrawals, fewer pointless/joke caps given out to players who'll never play a second of competitive international football, and maybe a bit more goodwill from fans who aren't having their club season interrupted for this shit...

All the needless tinkering with football, formats, etc and yet this is never mentioned as a possibility.

Full on split between club and international seasons, once you get to the international season they can play these friendlies like a pre-season, then qualifiers on summer, tournament the next summer, repeat.

Also would mean you get one England squad for a sustained period, allowing them to gel and maybe actually play some decent football, fewer player withdrawals, fewer pointless/joke caps given out to players who'll never play a second of competitive international football, and maybe a bit more goodwill from fans who aren't having their club season interrupted for this shit...

All the needless tinkering with football, formats, etc and yet this is never mentioned as a possibility.
Worth considering. The current format probably benefits clubs with fewer internationalists (i.e. smaller clubs), though in the Prem that is a moot point in the top half at least.

If you played the international season in May and June, you'd probably get a good level of interest going and, as you say, some momentum.

B0kXZtDIEAIbdxb.jpg

I like the way it's worded as if he didn't reject them :harrylol:

I’m sure when we were linked with him last summer it was mentioned that his plan was 2 years at Leverkusen and then taking over from Ancelotti at Real Madrid. It’s why I’ve never been convinced he’d go there.

I don’t know where they will turn but Gary O’Neil is mates with Michael edwards so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him being mentioned as a candidate at some point.

I’m sure when we were linked with him last summer it was mentioned that his plan was 2 years at Leverkusen and then taking over from Ancelotti at Real Madrid. It’s why I’ve never been convinced he’d go there.

I don’t know where they will turn but Gary O’Neil is mates with Michael edwards so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him being mentioned as a candidate at some point.

Replacing Klopp with O'Neil? That would be hilarious.

other than Alonso can’t see anyone out there who has the potential to step into Klopp’s shoes and not be a serious downgrade and even with Alonso it’s still exceptional potential rather than proven over a longer period.

Will really see how good thier purchases have been over the last couple of years without the klopp factor.

No matter who comes in they are likely to take 2 seasons at least to find their feet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom