Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sterling is going to excel at City. The price may be extortianate. But they've got one of the best 5 players in the world under 21.

Dude is mustard.

I actually think he'll turn out to be a really good signing, definitely an upgrade on Navas at least. Silva spraying passes from the middle with Aguero and Sterling around will be dangerous as fuck.

Liverpool really need to cut down their squad. They have 43 (5 on loan elsewhere) players currently in their first team compared to 27 at Spurs. Could potential pick up a bargain from them but they will probably be rubbish.

There gonna struggle to fit in all their attacking midfielders and strikers, as highlighted for Lallana in this article.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9917994/Where-Does-Lallana-Fit-In-At-Liverpool-

Rogers shit will eventually stick strategy if you buy enough players it will somehow work out.

I think he'll be gone by Christmas - the expectation created by this window will undo him. He needs time to bed in those players, and I don't think he'll get it.

Agree his transfer strategy is odd, can understand Ings for example, quick all round player who can press, fits the system and I can imagine Sturridge and Ings together but Benteke is weird.

Benteke is a good player don't get wrong but he is slow and ponderous relying a lot on crosses and long balls. Liverpool
Have had both Andy Carroll and Balotteli in this mould. Benteke might be better arguably but it wasn't until Sherwood came to Villa and built the team around him that he looked good again.

Will Rogers alter his entire system and style to suit Benteke's way of playing? For £32 million that's a big gamble.

Agree his transfer strategy is odd, can understand Ings for example, quick all round player who can press, fits the system and I can imagine Sturridge and Ings together but Benteke is weird.

Benteke is a good player don't get wrong but he is slow and ponderous relying a lot on crosses and long balls. Liverpool
Have had both Andy Carroll and Balotteli in this mould. Benteke might be better arguably but it wasn't until Sherwood came to Villa and built the team around him that he looked good again.

Will Rogers alter his entire system and style to suit Benteke's way of playing? For £32 million that's a big gamble.
I'm sure someone could get it to work - just not him.

Their wage bill must be insane. They've still got Borini ffs.

They're doing exactly what we did after Bale but then doing it again. I think one of our main issues was the disharmony in the dressing room that such a bloated squad caused. The people just picking up a cheque will get very pissy

We've struggled over the past few seasons to get rid of the deadwood, they'll have exactly the same problem.

Borini turned down a permanent move to Sunderland last year didn't he? He's probably on decent wages and happy to see out a contract for a few years comfortable in thinking he'll still have a few decent offers when he does leave, and with more money in the bank.

Their wage bill must be insane. They've still got Borini ffs.

They're doing exactly what we did after Bale but then doing it again. I think one of our main issues was the disharmony in the dressing room that such a bloated squad caused. The people just picking up a cheque will get very pissy

Said that before. I don't think fans always think about the fact while they are professional clubs they are still as human as the rest of us.

I remember being in a team years ago with 30 players, always fall outs and arguements and cliques forming. The more bloated a squad the more chance disharmony and problems and that will affect performance on the pitch.

It's one of the main reasons i feel it's in our best interest to clear all the deadwood this window.

Not sure what the hell Rogers is doing creating a mega sized squad, it could collapse around him.

Back
Top Bottom