Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus fucking Christ!

Was about to post this - is unbelievable!

Unlike any other Gooner, I've got an interest in Ramsey as part of the Wales squad, but he is never worth that much. He isn't gonna win Juve many games that justify that fee.

I know the wages reflect the business of football but this cannot be sustainable long term?!

Unlike any other Gooner, I've got an interest in Ramsey as part of the Wales squad, but he is never worth that much. He isn't gonna win Juve many games that justify that fee.

I know the wages reflect the business of football but this cannot be sustainable long term?!
400k is £83 m over 4 years, say Ramsey would conservatively cost £60m on the open market its only 110k pw if you take the fee out.

I think of the players they have recently lost he is the one of most value to them (I've never rated Sanchez), they look a better side with him in it. But IMO he is far from a World Class player and that salary reflects that of a World Class player, Madness!

400k is £83 m over 4 years, say Ramsey would conservatively cost £60m on the open market its only 110k pw if you take the fee out.

Hardly equates to a free transfer though eh.

....How many would be queuing up to sign him for £60m?

I doubt Juve would for starters....

Just doesn't stack up for me.

Its just over £83million over 4 years it's madness

This is the reason Toby and Eriksen are difficult to sign to new deals , can't wait til the whole thing goes tits up tbh

There's another thing at work here which is that clubs look at player transfers in terms of a fee amortized over the life of the contract plus the value of the wages as one single number.

When a player moves on a free (or gets swapped for another player occupying big wages eg the Sanchez-Mkhitaryan deal) they collect all the benefits that would otherwise flow to their old club.

So less about being why Toby and Eriksen are difficult to sign, this is why Spurs need to sell ASAP if they're not willing to sign. The part of the player acquisition that goes into their pockets increases as our transfer fee decreases.

Anyway, this is absolutely hilarious as Ramsey is a better player than Ozil and Woolwich are stuck with the wrong one.

I think of the players they have recently lost he is the one of most value to them (I've never rated Sanchez), they look a better side with him in it. But IMO he is far from a World Class player and that salary reflects that of a World Class player, Madness!

How can you never have rated Sanchez? He was obviously a great player during his peak years.

DzJdL4XXgAYrQM3.jpg

Only one remains.

Back
Top Bottom