Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

16780042-0-image-a-21_1564682671415.jpg

The 24-year-old completed a £72million move to the Gunners on Thursday, penning a five-year contract.

However, in an unearthed interview with Telefoot the Ivorian said: 'Chelsea. It's a club that makes me dream. It's the only club in England that I would sign for.'

Hehe...who wants to bet, and of the season , maybe it'll take two, (once his agent has checked with whomever the chavs manager is that week) that we start hearing "I was verbally promised a move to chelsea, the club of my dreams"

And I bet Zaha is in a strop. Game of his life against Woolwich next season I reckon

Can someone explain to me how they just bought a player for 80m with their gigantic budget, no cl for 3 fecking years in a row and absolutely no good sales?

Hopefully they'll have to sell Aubameyang or Lacazette or something.

Lille happy to have the £72m over a 5 year payment plan. That’s Levy levels of accountancy. How funny if Pepe is a flop, spending record amounts on unproven PL player.

We laughed at how their owners don't give a toss and how they've got a 40m transfer budget at the beginning of the summer but they've gone on to spend 105 million so far.

Woolwich are set to open talks with Barcelona over the loan signing of Philippe Coutinho, according to beINSports.

The former Liverpool playmaker is reportedly available for loan, with Barca keen to free up space for Neymar’s return from Paris Saint-Germain.

Woolwich are keen to bring Coutinho to the Emirates with a view to make the deal permanent if he shines on his return to the Premier League

Woolwich are set to open talks with Barcelona over the loan signing of Philippe Coutinho, according to beINSports.

The former Liverpool playmaker is reportedly available for loan, with Barca keen to free up space for Neymar’s return from Paris Saint-Germain.

Woolwich are keen to bring Coutinho to the Emirates with a view to make the deal permanent if he shines on his return to the Premier League

We should be all over that.

Is a loan to play Thursday night football really where Coutinho is at in his career? Thing is Woolwich spunking yet more money they no longer have. Will be funny to see them fail another season again.

It’s supposed to be utter twaddle:

They spend that amount almost every season (bar the year they signed Cech). It’s done them a lot of good ain’t it?

What was the point you were trying to make? I took it as spending money on players was #backingthemanager and perhaps the point also was we weren’t.
They spend 100m net every season? Are you sure?

The point I was making is that continuously throughout the window a lot of people mocked the apparent lack of transfer funds (you included) and the fact that their board seem to not give a toss. In reality it seems like their board do actually care and are willing to back the manager.....And our board leaves our manager with his hands tied behind his back again.

They spend 100m net every season? Are you sure?

The point I was making is that continuously throughout the window a lot of people mocked the apparent lack of transfer funds (you included) and the fact that their board seem to not give a toss. In reality it seems like their board do actually care and are willing to back the manager.....And our board leaves our manager with his hands tied behind his back again.
Hmmmm “me included” you want to show me examples of me doing that, and I do mean genuine mocking that particular point, not just taking the opportunity to mock them for crossing the road because trust I will take the opportunity to mock them constantly because it’s them.

You missed the fact that when they clubbed together in their cringe letter to the board I ripped it to shreds just a few pages back in this thread, making specific references to the fact this new board has listened to thier fan base by sacking Wenger, replacing how the opporate by putting in an entire new management structure in place, installing a new board!!!

So seems like you’ve got the wrong fella, hey ho.

It’s odd that no more than two weeks ago you posted how relaxed you were about our window as you were confident that we will get the deals over the line. What a flip flop.

But they do spend l, they do pay high wages. It’s just the players they buy haven’t moved them on, in fact they have gone backwards since buying Ozil. Their wage bill is a massive issue to them in they haven’t been able to sell deadwood. And we’ve closed the financial gap between the two clubs to a point that the next set of results it’s likely we have overtaken them.

Why do you want us to be like them when thier activity hasn’t improved them on bit?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom