Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they don't get top four this season, they're fucked and Emery should probably walk.

They're millions of miles off of City and still way behind us and Liverpool but they have a better squad than Chelsea and I can't see anything but another year of struggle for Man Utd.

Plus, if they fail to get top four they then go into next season with Ceballos going back to Real Madrid, Monreal leaving on a free and then Aubamayang, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Sokratis and Luiz all going into their final year of their contracts...

Ouch.
It is MASSIVE that they don't make top 4

They should build a viewers gallery and have sellers flogging peanuts to chuck at the animals. Think I’ll take the family down for an afternoon out, would beat the hell out of going to the zoo!!!

Fences... Big, tall impregnable fences.

Replace the peanuts for tasers too and we're onto something

I'm not laughing at them, Luiz for 8 million is a decent punt 3 million plus Koscielny is decent business.

35 million plus Iwobi for Pepe is good business

25 million for Tierney is a decent punt, he'd play a lot of games for most PL teams us included.

I'm not laughing at them, Luiz for 8 million is a decent punt 3 million plus Koscielny is decent business.

25 million for Tierney is a decent punt, he'd play a lot of games for most PL teams us included.

Pepe and Tierney are good signings (although Pepe somewhat overpriced IMO) - Luiz on the other hand... odd one.

Pepe and Tierney are good signings (although Pepe somewhat overpriced IMO) - Luiz on the other hand... odd one.

Luiz is good in a 3 but shit in a 2, so they've really tied themselves to 3 at the back, more so with full backs good going forward but not so good at defending. They've got two defenders coming back from ACLs as well, and you never know how that will go.

You can see them scoring a few but getting turned over quite badly and quite often. I wouldn't back them to reach the 70 point mark.

It's a massive gamble, out of the players they've signed we wouldn't touch Luiz, or pay 72m for Pepe, even Tierney at 25m is a big gamble, and we rejected the loan with no buy on Cellabos out of hand.

Look at Luiz, a solid defender who when exposed by a weak midfield has a tendency to crack under pressure, remember the Chelsea fans screaming that Kante wasn't being played deep enough and Luiz was being made to look shit? now look at the defensive midfield he has in front of him at Woolwich ... hmmmmm

Pepe was offered to us (and probably everyone else) 24 year old winger playing in a weaker league good going forward lousy in defence 72m ... compare that to a 19 year old winger with a seasons EPL experience who whilst not as prolific going forward can also defend 25m ... hmmmmmm

Tierney, of the three this is the one that is most interesting, no question he has potential, however 27m for a player whose career has been in a one team league? a player with a nagging injury issue? ... hmmmmm

As for Cellabos how you can loan a player with no right to buy is beyond strange, Cellabos knows that whatever he does or doesn't do this season won't matter he's back at RM next summer. He's not exactly renowned for his attitude so when the going gets tough will he not just be another Woolwich spineless wet lettuce? ... hmmmmmm

So again the question has to be asked would We, City or Liverpool have wanted any of these deals .... the answer would seem to be no, Woolwich are feeding of scraps Thursday night football will do that to you ....

Last edited:
It's a massive gamble, out of the players they've signed we wouldn't touch Luiz, or pay 72m for Pepe, even Tierney at 25m is a big gamble, and we rejected the loan with no buy on Ceballos out of hand.

Look at Luiz, a solid defender who when exposed by a weak midfield has a tendency to crack under pressure, remember the Chelsea fans screaming that Kante wasn't being played deep enough and Luiz was being made to look shit? now look at the defensive midfield he has in front of him at Woolwich ... hmmmmm

Pepe was offered to us (and probably everyone else) 24 year old winger playing in a weaker league good going forward lousy in defence 72m ... compare that to a 19 year old winger with a seasons EPL experience who whilst not as prolific going forward can also defend 25m ... hmmmmmm

Tierney, of the three this is the one that is most interesting, no question he has potential, however 27m for a player whose career has been in a one team league? a player with a nagging injury issue? ... hmmmmm

As for Cellabos how you can loan a player with no right to buy is beyond strange, Cellabos knows that whatever he does or doesn't do this season won't matter he's back at RM next summer. He's not exactly renowned for his attitude so when the going gets tough will he not just be another Woolwich spineless wet lettuce? ... hmmmmmm

So again the question has to be asked would We, City or Liverpool have wanted any of these deals .... the answer would seem to be no, Woolwich are feeding of scarps Thursday night football will do that to you ....
Newcastle under Bruce hopefully go a bit rough on them, wonder if Carrol is fit enough for the bench?

If they don't get top four this season, they're fucked and Emery should probably walk.

They're millions of miles off of City and still way behind us and Liverpool but they have a better squad than Chelsea and I can't see anything but another year of struggle for Man Utd.

Plus, if they fail to get top four they then go into next season with Ceballos going back to Real Madrid, Monreal leaving on a free and then Aubamayang, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Sokratis and Luiz all going into their final year of their contracts...

Ouch.
They are going to leak goals. Ceballos has to play I guess, and if that is with Xhaka then the defence will have even less cover than last year. With Luiz freelancing all over behind them.

Ouch.
Monreal is 33... I know right

It's a massive gamble, out of the players they've signed we wouldn't touch Luiz, or pay 72m for Pepe, even Tierney at 25m is a big gamble, and we rejected the loan with no buy on Ceballos out of hand.

So again the question has to be asked would We, City or Liverpool have wanted any of these deals .... the answer would seem to be no, Woolwich are feeding of scarps Thursday night football will do that to you ....

Well yes there is a lot I agree with there but imo they have made some decent improvement to the first team and squad, and spent not much more than us, I think they had a good window all things considered.

ac-social-harry-maguire-shkodran-mustafi-1080.jpg

Define "strengthen".....

He's dreadful.

I hope he is shite for them, but I expect he will come in fully motivated to prove a point to Lampard.
It wasnt that long ago when he was very decent in a back 3 under Conte the year they won the league.
Woolwich desperately needed a CB and they would be in a much weaker position if they didn’t have him. He is experienced, won trophies, cost fuck all and his transfer will buy woolwich time to find a better long term replacement.

A Spurs player going to the chavs is considered disgusting and rightly so.

But the chavs and the scum will trade players between each other quite happily.

Couple of cunts.

Yeah, it's pathetic. I thought they were the fiercest rivalry in London? At least that's what they said a decade or so ago.

Now both are as meek as newborn kittens when it comes to each other only nowhere near as cute!

Can't imagine us being happy to do so many deals with the Chavs, Gooners though seem to love their leftovers!

Back
Top Bottom