Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bent on TS just now Arteta is a very good coach and manager but has lost the dressing room. Great punditry from Bent. How an earth can anyone say he is a very good manager when they are sitting 15th

All this 'trust the process' stuff confuses me. I thought it was a thing in american sports where you sell your overpaid stars and tank for a season so that you get good picks in the draft. Didn't it start with a basketball team over there?

How does that work over here when we don't have a draft? At least Woolwich are mastering the tanking part at the moment.

starsport15.jpg

This thread has become a truly happy place. Just as the West Ham one which has filled us with comedy gold for a decade but slowly the scriptwriters over there has struggled this season to keep the story fresh, we've been given the gift of a brand new comedy series of our own. It's like when we all noticed the shine went from The Simpsons only to awake the next day to discover Family Guy.

tenor.gif

The only thing that's pissing me off is due to COVID I haven't seen any of my Woolwich mates. WIth my lot they know that I'm waiting, those lucky, lucky bastards.

They wouldn't admit as much, but pretty much yeah they did.

When Wenger left they made a decision to work primarily through agent recommendations and offers.
Actually, that's more inline with what they have now.

But In Wengers last year they were building a whole new scouting and analytics arm and recruitment arm. One of the new hires was Sven Mislintat, he was highly regarded back then and I have to say I was worried by his appointment. He was in charge of recruitment for Dortmund when Klopp was Manager, his nick-name was diamond-eye because he could spot a diamond no one else could.

Fortunately for us as part of the ongoing rebuild post Wenger they also wanted a Director of Football role, Mislintat wanted that position too (in order to maintain control of recruitment). They gave that job to the ex-Barca Head of Football Sanllehi. Mislintat resigned from them having only been at the club just over a year as it meant he now no longer had complete control over recruitment (which he did have prior to the Sporting Director appointment)

Sanllehi, then was appointed top dog after Gazidis left, but he too is history now.

Mislintat is now Sporting Director at Stuttgart, who just spanked Dortmund 5-1.

Mislintat is the fella that didn't want to appoint Arteta when he first was interviewed because he lacked experience, they went for Emry (who's now 4pts off top in La Liga).

Back
Top Bottom