Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youre just making up stuff and what might happen and saying oh wed respond the exact same if it was one of ours. I like to think that 95% of people on tgis site would be outraged at want him gone if it was a spurs player. Any normal person would.
So stop trying to lump us in with the absolute scum responding to her claims online
Want him gone before charges have been filed against him? So you would leave it to People’s court to pass judgement on him before the real court of law? Sounds like a brillant idea.

Youre just making up stuff and what might happen and saying oh wed respond the exact same if it was one of ours. I like to think that 95% of people on tgis site would be outraged at want him gone if it was a spurs player. Any normal person would.
So stop trying to lump us in with the absolute scum responding to her claims online
Never did that. Stop making things up.

You literally said, you would want him gone. Are you aware of no charges have been filed as of yet against Partey, yet you still think “any normal person would “ want him gone.
I prob didnt make myself clear. Id want him out of team on 'special leave' 'injured' whatever till hes cleared of rape. So you think its ok for woolwich to play him when theres proof in front of us that he definitely did something.

I prob didnt make myself clear. Id want him out of team on 'special leave' 'injured' whatever till hes cleared of rape. So you think its ok for woolwich to play him when theres proof in front of us that he definitely did something.
I think they are obliged to play him unless charges against him are filed. Proof? Where is the proof? I’m pretty sure the English authorities would charge him, if their was proof and not only claims and allegations.

I think they are obliged to play him unless charges against him are filed. Proof? Where is the proof? I’m pretty sure the English authorities would charge him, if their was proof and not only claims and allegations.
The english authorities couldnt charge due to it taking place outside jurisdiction. Law was changed 10 days after assault

Spoke to next door gooner. His attitude is ‘Fuck him’ and get rid. So amongst their dumb ass fanbase, their are some genuine decent people. However, they also have a hoard of thick cunts. Its like AFTV. Deluded, dysfunctional scum. So hurt by finishing 5th they take to social media threatening to rape a girl who may well have been raped. Bunch of limp dicked two faced cunts on the whole.

What I don’t understand and maybe someone with knowledge of Spain can help me Bill Madrid Bill Madrid does Spain just not have any rape laws or effective ones. Surely a text message of admitting sexual assault should be grounds for something. The whole thing so far gives the impression of Spain not giving a shit.
OK, its complicated. There's no law still that talks about violación ("rape") as such, there are laws that talk about "sexual assault"

I can't be arsed to quote chapter and verse as I'm about to go into the garden to have a beer with my wife, but more or less there are (or maybe better were) two levels. The lesser covered all sorts of things from, I dunno, groping, to loads more serious shit. The second was rape where the victim had been actually or virtually subjected to violence. In other words, their lack of consent was evident.

A few years back there was a case which revolted the country. A group of five macho types (I don't remember the details, one was a soldier another a Guardia Civil policeman) gang raped a young woman at the San Fermines fiestas in Pamplona. The case was all over the news, all the time. In the end of the first trial, they were found guilty of the lesser charge because, bizarrely, one of the three judges felt that the threat - in other words, the victim's total lack of consent (the gang rape took place in the stairwell of a block of flats where she was staying) - wasn't proved. Remember, we don't normally have jury trials here (as elsewhere in Europe with a similar legal system).

They were sentenced to something like 5-7 years, again, I can't remember the exact details. It was something like that.

The verdict caused mass outrage in Spanish society, among women clearly, but also men who stood with them. The only defenders of the verdict were the extreme right/ultra Catholics as you might imagine. It went back to a higher court and it was ruled that the dissenting judge was a cunt and that the rape (the no-consent required for the higher charge) had been proved conclusively. The five got sentences ranging from 12 to 18 years I think.

Remember that in Spain we don't have trial by jury as a matter of course. Usually three judges rule based on the letter of the law, as opposed to a jury's opinion. It's the same across much of Europe, it's known here as Napoleonic Law (where precedence is given to the written text of the law) as opposed to Common Law (as in English-speaking countries, where jurisprudence rules. I think that's right anyhow.

Sorry for the long-windedness. I had to give the background. Someone has posted how the law has changed since La Manada ("The Pack" - sic) case I referred to before.

The earlier link to law changes gives some important context here.

I'm off for that beer and will check some details with the missus. More later.

:contethumb:

Last edited:

You really do need to get your facts straight and start over....

OK, its complicated. There's no law still that talks about violación ("rape") as such, there are laws that talk about "sexual assault"

I can't be arsed to quote chapter and verse as I'm about to go into the garden to have a beer with my wife, but more or less there are (or maybe better were) two levels. The lesser covered all sorts of things from, I dunno, groping, to loads more serious shit. The second was rape where the victim had been actually or virtually subjected to violence. In other words, their lack of consent was evident.

A few years back there was a case which revolted the country. A group of five macho types (I don't remember the details, one was a soldier another a Guardia Civil policeman) gang raped a young woman at the San Fermines fiestas in Pamplona. The case was all over the news, all the time. In the end of the first trial, they were found guilty of the lesser charge because, bizarrely, one of the three judges felt that the threat - in other words, the victim's total lack of consent (the gang rape took place in the stairwell of a block of flats where she was staying) - wasn't proved.

They were sentenced to something like 5-7 years, again, I can't remember the exact details. It was something like that.

The verdict caused mass outrage in Spanish society, among women clearly, but also men who stood with them. The only defenders of the verdict were the extreme right/ultra Catholics as you might imagine. It went back to a higher court and it was ruled that know, the dissenting judge was a cunt and that the rape (the no-consent required for the higher charge) had been proved conclusively. The five got sentences ranging from 12 to 18 years I think.

Remember that in Spain we don't have trial by jury as a matter of course. Usually three judges rule based on the letter of the law, as oposed to a jury's opinion. It's the same across much of Europe, it's known here as Napoleonic Law (where precedence is given to the written text of the law) as opposed to Common Law (as in English-speaking countries, where jurisprudence rules. I think that's right anyhow.

Sorry for the long-windedness. I had to give the background. Someone has posted how the law has changed since La Manada ("The Pack" - sic) case I referred to before.

The earlier link to law changes gives some important context here.

I'm off for that beer and will check some details with the missus. More later.

:contethumb:
Fair play 👍

There are differences but that’s not it. Partey hasn’t been charged.
Neither has Greenwood to my knowledge.

However, the body of evidence currently in the public realm is quite damning, hence why Utd suspended him.

Judging by the texts this woman has made public, it seems there is a similar body of evidence against Partey. As such, the goons should really be following Utd's example. They haven't though, so you have to question the moral compass of that club.

Went to see Prima Facie - Jodie Comer performance is amazing. Just her on stage for the better part of two hours. It’s a very powerful play.

Pretty topical with all this stuff about sexual assault and the legal system.
The “truth” and the “legal truth”. Not guilty verdict just means you can’t prove guilt.
It’s very difficult for women to win so most don’t even go to court once they have gone to the police.

OK so I'm taking advantage of wife heating up some soup (soup and beer? Spanish girls eh?)

So the law has recently been altered to make it clear that only "yes means yes", which, although it may cause legal problems down the road, I think is a very positive move.
Whatever, the fact that the Spanish police or legal authorities haven't said a word about this shouldn't be taken as any sort of criticism about how our legal system works.

My wife - a feminist - immediately mentioned a principle of Spanish law that I wasn't aware of - secreto de sumario. I've checked in my legal databases for a translation (I do a lot of legal work but not much criminal stuff) and it doesn't have an easy translation in English - an EU site has it as "secrecy of judicial enquiries", which works well I think. It basically rules that a whole load of detail in any criminal case can't be made public until the examining magistrate (juez de primer instancia - judge of the first instance, the equivalent of the CPS) decides to proceed with the case. It's a principle of Spanish law, part of our constitution, set in stone.

So essentially you'll have to wait until the wheels of Spanish justice get round to this case and pronounce one way or the other. Word of warning here, you won't normally hear if the judge rules that the case can't go forward. You'll just have to trust our own plodding legal process, but in the meantime, please don't assume that our relevant authorities are doing nothing.

:contepray:

Someone posted this earlier

Sound OK to me in theory. Can some kind person explain the contention that it reversed the presumption of innocence some how in law. Didn't see myself.

Back
Top Bottom