Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mikel Arteta takes olive tree into team meetings at Woolwich

After bringing dog into training ground, manager hopes latest idea will teach his players that roots have to be nurtured if anything is to flourish

David Brent / Mister Miyagi

Whatever mash-up, hes an absolute tool

The Woolwich manager also planted a 150-year-old olive tree, similar in age to the club, outside his office at the training ground in London Colney, Hertfordshire, so everyone can understand the growing process. “It is very strong but needs a lot of care,” Arteta said. “We have to look after the roots every single day, make sure they don’t get poisoned, don’t get damaged and remain in the right condition.”

Last month Arteta starting bringing a chocolate labrador, affectionately known as Win, to the training ground. He was hoping to exploit research that has shown that petting a dog can be calming, reduce stress levels and enhance the spirit of togetherness that has enabled Woolwich to top the Premier League table for most of the season.

Win, who enjoys grilled chicken cooked by the club chef, belongs to a member of staff, whom she lives with. “The reaction of the players has been incredible,” Arteta said. “She is one of us and will be on our journey.

She changes your mood. You come in the building and she gives all her love. Suddenly you just feel the energy and the players start hugging her, it is beautiful to watch. Those things are very important.”

Arteta added that a dog can bind together a family, which in this case is the Woolwich players and staff. “There are things at the club that can be done to connect with people, to show love, and I found this dog was the perfect representative of who we are now,” Arteta said. “We all love winning and Win needs a lot of love.”

Woolwich will be trying to build on their progress by adding depth to the squad in the summer so that they can compete in the Premier League and Champions League next season. They are likely to break their transfer record with moves for the midfielders Declan Rice, from West Ham United, and Moisés Caicedo, from Brighton & Hove Albion. They are also interested in Southampton’s Roméo Lavia if they are not able to sign Rice or Caicedo.

In order to go to the next level, the summer is going to be a crucial for us,” Arteta said. “When you get closer to the top, then the margins are smaller.”

He said it took him a day to get over the 3-0 home defeat by Brighton on Sunday which all but ended Woolwich’s title challenge. He received 112 messages of support from other coaches and friends. “It was incredible,” he said. “They all said, ‘Don’t lose perspective on what you guys have done.’

“I had to heal myself first for 24 hours because it was painful. Sometimes you go in bed for 12 hours and don’t speak to anybody. Sometimes you need your wife, kids and dog.”

The Woolwich manager also planted a 150-year-old olive tree, similar in age to the club, outside his office at the training ground in London Colney, Hertfordshire, so everyone can understand the growing process. “It is very strong but needs a lot of care,” Arteta said. “We have to look after the roots every single day, make sure they don’t get poisoned, don’t get damaged and remain in the right condition.”

Last month Arteta starting bringing a chocolate labrador, affectionately known as Win, to the training ground. He was hoping to exploit research that has shown that petting a dog can be calming, reduce stress levels and enhance the spirit of togetherness that has enabled Woolwich to top the Premier League table for most of the season.

Win, who enjoys grilled chicken cooked by the club chef, belongs to a member of staff, whom she lives with. “The reaction of the players has been incredible,” Arteta said. “She is one of us and will be on our journey.

She changes your mood. You come in the building and she gives all her love. Suddenly you just feel the energy and the players start hugging her, it is beautiful to watch. Those things are very important.”

Arteta added that a dog can bind together a family, which in this case is the Woolwich players and staff. “There are things at the club that can be done to connect with people, to show love, and I found this dog was the perfect representative of who we are now,” Arteta said. “We all love winning and Win needs a lot of love.”

Woolwich will be trying to build on their progress by adding depth to the squad in the summer so that they can compete in the Premier League and Champions League next season. They are likely to break their transfer record with moves for the midfielders Declan Rice, from West Ham United, and Moisés Caicedo, from Brighton & Hove Albion. They are also interested in Southampton’s Roméo Lavia if they are not able to sign Rice or Caicedo.

In order to go to the next level, the summer is going to be a crucial for us,” Arteta said. “When you get closer to the top, then the margins are smaller.”

He said it took him a day to get over the 3-0 home defeat by Brighton on Sunday which all but ended Woolwich’s title challenge. He received 112 messages of support from other coaches and friends. “It was incredible,” he said. “They all said, ‘Don’t lose perspective on what you guys have done.’

“I had to heal myself first for 24 hours because it was painful. Sometimes you go in bed for 12 hours and don’t speak to anybody. Sometimes you need your wife, kids and dog.”
bad-dog-pound-puppy.gif

What a fucking sad-sack cunt!

Season 5 Lol GIF by The Office

I notice several of the posters that were having a love affair with Woolwich in January are nowhere to be seen.
I’ve probably got most of the twats on ignore so I can’t help.

But just checking in that everyone has ceased moistening their gussets about this lot now have they?

Not wining the league. Not doing things the right way. Not playing glorious football.

Still and always will be, a shower of absolute cunts.

A massive shout out to Cranston Cranston
Whether or not I wank myself into oblivion at that bottle job of a club - regardless of our season
A true gentleman. We had a bet and he’s paid up.
Looking forward to the Steps charity getting more cash and to meeting another TFC legend in the near future…
Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA

A massive shout out to Cranston Cranston
Whether or not I wank myself into oblivion at that bottle job of a club - regardless of our season
A true gentleman. We had a bet and he’s paid up.
Looking forward to the Steps charity getting more cash and to meeting another TFC legend in the near future…
Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA
Best £50 I spent all season.

A bottle of the finest vintage!

Back
Top Bottom